TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 5:33 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1444 445 446 447 4481060 Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

DAFUQ.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Best thing ever.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:47 pm 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Quote:
Russian, Mokshantsev plans to run trucks with NTS: Sergey Mokshantsev, an experienced open-wheel racing driver from Moscow with European Formula 3 and Indy Lights experience to his resume, plans to enter NASCAR competition this season becoming the first Russian driver in NASCAR competition. Mokshantsev has been undergoing an aggressive NASCAR driver development program which started March 13-14 and April 2-3 in North Carolina driving a K&N Pro Series car prepared by NTS Motorsports. For 2012 NTS Motorsports continues as a K&N Pro East and West Series team but has boosted it's program to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series with rookie Brennan Newberry (#14) and is preparing to run a second truck by end of the 2012 season. "We are excited to have Sergey as part of NTS Motorsports. Sergey has impressed us not only with his ability behind the wheel of a stock car, but also with his professional approach, he will become a great stock car driver", states NTS Owner, Bob Newberry. "Sergey has done a great job in his NASCAR development program and is way ahead of schedule, we expect to enter him in a NASCAR sanctioned event very soon and to run a full 2013 season", stated Mike Schriefer of Speedway Group, marketing and management representatives for Mokshantsev and NTS Motorsports.[Been told that they are planning to start at the K&N races at Iowa and will enter 6-10 CWT races this year in a second NTS Truck.](NTS Motorsports PR)(4-21-2012)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He did great in Indy Lights.

http://www.racing-reference.info/drivde ... 01/2009/IL

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

That's more qualifications than others have had coming in.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thought this was kind of wtf....

Quote:
Victory Junction asks Pattie Petty to take a back seat: If the planned Victory Junction Midwest becomes a reality, it likely will be without the help of Pattie Petty, the driving force who created the original NASCAR-themed camp in North Carolina for children with chronic diseases. The Victory Junction board of directors has informed Petty, wife of former NASCAR driver Kyle Petty and daughter-in-law of Hall of Famer Richard Petty, that she will no longer be part of the day-to-day operations of the camp. The board has offered her emeritus status, but she is balking at serving in a purely ceremonial role. "They don't want anything to do with me," said Pattie Petty, who has been living in Kansas City part time while raising funds for the camp in Wyandotte County. "They gave me not one reason. They said they wanted to make a change. & I'm not sure what I did wrong, but the word came back to me I was making irrational decisions. Two board members who wanted me to leave gave me an ultimatum & never go to the camp, not talk to anybody with the camp. & It was probably the most hurtful thing that's ever happened to me in my life." John McKee, president of Victory Junction and who was hired by Pattie Petty, said he has been instructed by the board not to have any comment "because there is an ongoing employment negotiation."(see full story and more quotes at the Kansas City Star)(4-22-2012)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:03 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Golden rule of Charities is never put business people on their board, cos they will only ever make "business" decisions and have no illusion of respect/history.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
Golden rule of Charities is never put business people on their board, cos they will only ever make "business" decisions and have no illusion of respect/history.

On the other hand, populating the board with people with passion for the cause but no business sense usually results in mismanagement and an inability to handle any kind of cash flow. I've dealt with it on more than a few occasions. There's always a struggle in charities between core values and doing what it takes to stay relevant, who knows what the deal between Pattie and Victory Junction is though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Here's something from the "Stuff you may not know" file: the famous ESPN Speedworld music was originally taken from a portion of the song "18th Avenue" by Cat Stevens, recorded in 1972. ESPN used the song for a few years before recording their own cover version, and the rest is history.

Just found it interesting, as some people might've thought the Speedworld music was an original recording made specifically for the network.

You can hear it at 1:28 of this video:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

On the other hand, populating the board with people with passion for the cause but no business sense usually results in mismanagement and an inability to handle any kind of cash flow. I've dealt with it on more than a few occasions. There's always a struggle in charities between core values and doing what it takes to stay relevant, who knows what the deal between Pattie and Victory Junction is though.

That's why, as a Charity, you employ an accountant who deals with the cash flow and can give the final yes or no as to whether there is enough in the pot to complete a project.

As soon as you put business people, with business interests, on a charity board, you get the enviable conflict of interest over project decisions and the charities decisions become business decisions, not core ones.

Some of the best most prolific charities I know are the ones with no employees, no board members, and no commercial interests, they just get on with what they do.

The issue between Pattie and Victory Junction is probably pretty easy to suss out once you take the above into account...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
Here's something from the "Stuff you may not know" file: the famous ESPN Speedworld music was originally taken from a portion of the song "18th Avenue" by Cat Stevens, recorded in 1972. ESPN used the song for a few years before recording their own cover version, and the rest is history.

Just found it interesting, as some people might've thought the Speedworld music was an original recording made specifically for the network.

You can hear it at 1:28 of this video:

Awesome find. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Premiering next month on SPEED... Barclay's Premier League football

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:51 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Cartman wrote:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF...

FOX should just drop SPEED and rename it FOX Sports Network National.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

They also added this today and extended their contract with Le Mans...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Cartman wrote:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF...

It's going to be two hours on a Sunday morning at 10 am ET. There's never any racing at that time, so I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's the last game of the season anyway, so there's no chance it'll happen again after that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:12 am 

Chris A wrote:
Tommy Vercetti wrote:
Cartman wrote:

OH FOR THE LOVE OF...

It's going to be two hours on a Sunday morning at 10 am ET. There's never any racing at that time, so I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's the last game of the season anyway, so there's no chance it'll happen again after that.

Good point. Still can't get over the fact that they showed UFC on SPEED.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SPEED will be rebranded into Fox Sports soon enough anyways.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Bristol Motor Speedway will remove some of its progressive banking in the turns, essentially taking away the top lane of the track.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

aren't they just going to grind away the top level of the progressive banking? surely they're not literally going to bring the walls inwards by 5 meters?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ah, no. I would suspenct that they'll be extending the banking straight from the bottom to the top, eliminating the advantage of being able to keep up momentum whilst running the upper groove.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1444 445 446 447 4481060 Next