TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 2:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1667 668 669 670 6711060 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Yeah but Denny is 33, not 21. When Larson is Denny's age, his kid will be 12.

Also, I just looked at Denny's Wiki page... had no idea that Denny's real name is James Dennis Alan Hamlin, Jr. :o So 2010 was really a Jimmie vs Jimmie deal!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:43 pm 
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King
2010 TBK-F1 prediction King

Matt Kenseth was only 21 when Ross was born. As long as Larson is a responsible person, it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ah I always forget about Ross. I think it's because Kyle just looks so damn young. My wife really thought he was 16 when she saw him for the first time this year.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:13 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ChrisTRD wrote:
Ah I always forget about Ross.

So did Matt Kenseth for 10 years or so.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So has everyone it seems. I don't get it, he seems to have decent driving talent based on his few listed starts on Racing-reference, and he's got the name to get him anywhere, yet havent heard a blip about him anywhere in NASCAR?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man this forum jumps Larson's ass for everything.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn't know Bubba Wallace's dad was white...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Underdogfan wrote:
So has everyone it seems. I don't get it, he seems to have decent driving talent based on his few listed starts on Racing-reference, and he's got the name to get him anywhere, yet havent heard a blip about him anywhere in NASCAR?

I kinda expected him to get a part-time ride with Ken Schrader Racing in ARCA, since he made his first ARCA start with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Sponsorship is why Ross isn't going anywhere. Kyle Busch wants him in one of his KBM trucks, but no sponsors to make it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Makes no sense. Household (last) name, can drive and looks personable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

he's a late model-lifer

Quote:
For the second year in a row, OldAsphalt takes the ARCA pick 'ems crown!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Young kids making mistakes between the sheets, "LOLWHOOPS we're expecting, yay I guess". Others go years trying to have a kid, only to come up empty-handed. Good times.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Comcast Xfinity, NASCAR in talks for series title deal for the Nationwide Series

Quote:
NASCAR is in advanced talks with Comcast Xfinity about becoming title sponsor of the sport's secondary series. Nationwide Insurance, which has sponsored the series since 2007, is in the final year of its title sponsorship, and NASCAR has been looking for a replacement sponsor for the Nationwide Series since last fall. Conversations with Xfinity, which is Comcast's video service, have been going on for several months. Sources familiar with the negotiations said the parties have not reached a contract phase but that Comcast has emerged as a leading candidate for the sponsorship. NASCAR Chief Sales Officer Jim O'Connell said the company doesn't comment on discussions with current or potential sponsors. He added, "With regards to the Nationwide Series, we're speaking to a number of companies in a number of different industries." Comcast did not reply to a request for comment. NASCAR is asking $12 million to $15 million annually in rights fees for the title sponsorship of the series. Media and activation commitments would take the total costs of the deal to more than $25 million. In addition to Comcast Xfinity, NASCAR has met with a number of companies in the auto aftermarket category, including Advance Auto Parts and AutoZone. Nationwide Insurance is spending approximately $10 million in rights fees for title sponsorship of the series. Its total spend, which includes activation at track and media spending, is in excess of $20 million. The company opted to discontinue its sponsorship of the series in order to become an official NASCAR sponsor and sponsor the #88 car driven by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Next year, Nationwide will sponsor Earnhardt Jr. in 12 Sprint Cup races.

http://www.jayski.com/nationwide/nation ... 616-nascar

Shitty company sponsoring a shitty series.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:53 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Fuck Comcast.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ray Fox has died.
Quote:
Ray Fox: Ray Fox, 98, one of NASCAR's premier engine builders and mechanics in the 1950s and '60s, died at Halifax Health Medical Center in Daytona Beach on Sunday afternoon with members of his family at his side. A family spokeswoman said Fox, who had battled COPD for years, was hospitalized a few days ago and succumbed to pneumonia. Two of Fox' daughters, Gerri and Sandra, were at his side when he died. Fox, who moved to Daytona Beach in 1946 from New Hampshire, captured every major NASCAR Grand National Series (now Sprint Cup Series) race of his day. His driving roster reads like a Who's Who in stock-car racing with NASCAR Hall of Famers Junior Johnson, David Pearson and Buck Baker taking his equipment to Victory Lane in showcase events. Fox is credited with 14 wins as a car owner, but his victory count was much higher in his many roles in sport. He stayed active in racing into his 80s as an engine inspector for NASCAR, then as president of the Living Legends of Auto Racing. He celebrated his 98th birthday at the Living Legends Museum in South Daytona on May 24. For the last two years, Fox has been nominated for the NASCAR Hall of Fame honors but came up short of votes on the final ballot. His grandson, Ray Fox III, remains in the sport as a mechanic at Roush Fenway Racing. Fox most famously won the 1960 Daytona 500 with driver Junior Johnson wheeling the #27 Chevrolet.(Daytona Beach News Journal)(6-16-2014)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Off Topic imo.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Sprint name to go away? T-Mobile Cup? Sprint might not be Sprint in the near future, and if the company does want to keep its name, it might have to pay a pretty penny. If Sprint merges with T-Mobile, it is expected to adopt the T-Mobile moniker, according to the latest reports from CNBC. Not only that, it looks like if the deal doesn't go through because of regulatory hurdles, Sprint will have to pony up a hefty $2 billion to T-Mobile. There are more indications that the T-Mobile brand will be the ultimate victor. Sprint CEO Dan Hesse has admitted he is okay with not leading the combined company, and reports indicated eccentric T-Mobile CEO John Legere and his management team will be the new leaders. But it's been Sprint that's been pushing the merger, not T-Mobile. Sprint parent company SoftBank's chief executive Masayoshi Son has been touting the merger as a way to shake up the stale U.S. wireless industry.(Latin Post)(6-17-2014)

I remember when Coke was rumored to be the sponsor back in 2003. The Coca Cola Cup would of been so much better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:04 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mike Helton gave a usual rubber stamped state of the sport....saying all the crap any one of us could have said, with no signs of improving the product, also zero intentions to put a limit on Cup guys in the lower series, so same 4 guys winning Nationwide races for the next few years if anyone is left in the seats, thoug even the serious lack of attendance didn't seem to be too much of a concern.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Healthy Sport

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

One simple rule - no Cup drivers in Cup teams (i.e. Penske, Gibbs, Roush, etc.) would make things a hell of a lot more interesting. They'd really have to come up with a list of criteria about what would make a team a "Cup" team - like JR Motorsports, who are somewhat on the fence, but I'd consider a Nationwide team - but I think it'd work. It's a simple restriction, and would still let the drivers run whatever races they wanted.

That's just me, however.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1667 668 669 670 6711060 Next