TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
What is the strange obsession people have with this stupid Clash. Give it up, it's been irrelevant for years. Save the owners some money.

if your gonna go there, I mean what's the point of the other 37 races on the schedule, or any form of motorsport, or sports at all for that matter? Because regardless, it will be a waste of money in someones eyes.

And if we are gonna talk about "saving the owners, drivers or series" money - yeah that will just be re-directed it to other spending avenues for a competitive or marketing edge. And that mentality it hasn't done the on-track product or fan experience any good with what has been deleted, de-tuned or lost fully so far.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:40 pm 

It was fine when it was at Daytona until about 15-20 years ago when this "new" breed of driver started coming in and wrecking every 10 laps.

That's actually one of my biggest problems with NASCAR, the drivers now act like total fucking dipshits when on track. This is supposed to be the premier stock car series in the world and sometimes it's literally like watching iRacing. The sport has no self respect anymore, so naturally it won't get any respect from anyone else.

And I can't be 100% certain if that is down to purely to the drivers themselves, or if NASCAR is actually encouraging this kind of behaviour behind the scenes because it's the only way to get themselves noticed in the wider world of sport. I mean, the "racing" element is just a formality at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ZeroX wrote:
That's actually one of my biggest problems with NASCAR, the drivers now act like total fucking dipshits when on track. This is supposed to be the premier stock car series in the world and sometimes it's literally like watching iRacing. The sport has no self respect anymore, so naturally it won't get any respect from anyone else.

And I can't be 100% certain if that is down to purely to the drivers themselves, or if NASCAR is actually encouraging this kind of behaviour behind the scenes because it's the only way to get themselves noticed in the wider world of sport. I mean, the "racing" element is just a formality at this point.

Global issue, not one that any one person or entity can control at this point. Especially when the risks are lower compared to previous eras. That genie was put out of the bottle decades ago when Senna did the "if gap, car", or when Dale decided to "rattle some cages", or when MSC started blocking from the catchfence to the paddock club,

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The massive leap in safety (and thank God for it) is the primary reason for the frequent shitshow. It's not like drivers from the 60s or 70s didn't want to spin someone at 180 mph in front of a pack; they simply knew there was a good chance someone would die or be paralyzed/comatose afterward.

The secondary reason of course (and a consequence of said safety improvements) is NASCAR not penalizing intentional contact/spinouts/hooks for ratings and drama. In DTM/V8SC, you so much as rough someone up for a pass, and you get a penalty immediately, last I watched at least.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:07 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think NASCAR made the right call by moving the race to last night. I think it was best for the drivers and teams to race last night instead of hoping for a break in the weather in the coming days which didn't look likely to come any time soon.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:08 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

So...in case anyone was questioning why did NASCAR moved the race ahead one night of schedule...

it's wet at the Coliseum right now.

And I mean really wet.

On top of that, radar shows no window in sight.

So...yeah, they made the right call.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SBan83 wrote:
The secondary reason of course (and a consequence of said safety improvements) is NASCAR not penalizing intentional contact/spinouts/hooks for ratings and drama. In DTM/V8SC, you so much as rough someone up for a pass, and you get a penalty immediately, last I watched at least.

And frankly, CAMS has gotten so overboard with their strict standards that it's surely a portion of why you see Scotty Mac, Shane & likely some others here soon looking for greener pastures.

(Not counting Brodie in that of course because Cup was his first goal before he moved back to Australia for personal/family reasons)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Finally watched this.
Positives:
-Liked the racing, if anything, it was exactly what Nascar wanted it to be lol.
-The new Ford looks badass!
-Bowyer seems to finally hear some feedback and stopped trying to be the clown of the show, Harvick also helps to keep things more serious instead of what Jeff Gordon did.

Bad
The TV director needs to be fired!

Also nice :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oddly, I think I like Denny a lot more when he knowingly plays the villain. Beats his "I need to educate these kids about proper racing" persona.