TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33140 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

New Camaro body style at my local track tonight. Image

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Real racin. Short track racin. Image

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Debating on whether or not to get out to Cleveland to see Team Dillon and Ryan Gifford who I know through a friend. It would be a no brainer save for the fact that I have no money.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:25 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
New Camaro body style at my local track tonight. Image

Shexshy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Had a rather awesome Easter weekend, I was down in Tennessee on vacation and decided to stop off in Pennsylvania and Maryland on the way back to hit a few dirt tracks I've been wanting to go to for awhile. Friday I went to Williams Grove for some sprint car action, it is an amazing place, the racing was crazy intense, so many moves that just looked impossible. Saturday I went to Hagerstown for some late models, good racing, and even had some fans throwing punches, but I wasn't real impressed with the officiating. Sunday I stopped at the Big Diamond Speedway for some modifieds since it was conveniently on the way home, the race ended up being a wreckfest, by my count, 12 of 28 starters finished the feature. This week I'm excited to be back in NY and I'll be going to Lebanon Valley Saturday, went once late last year and was very impressed, I just wish it wasn't a three hour drive.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

joha107 wrote:
This week I'm excited to be back in NY and I'll be going to Lebanon Valley Saturday, went once late last year and was very impressed, I just wish it wasn't a three hour drive.

Went to the Valley twice last season. First weekend was awesome, 2nd weekend not so much. I only live 15 minutes from the track so I can't complain. I'm gonna try to make it there more often this season.

I'm more excited about Albany-Saratoga switching back to dirt. I have already erased the past 2 pavement seasons from my memory. Can't wait to get back up there this summer.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:33 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

dr dog wrote:
joha107 wrote:
This week I'm excited to be back in NY and I'll be going to Lebanon Valley Saturday, went once late last year and was very impressed, I just wish it wasn't a three hour drive.

Went to the Valley twice last season. First weekend was awesome, 2nd weekend not so much. I only live 15 minutes from the track so I can't complain. I'm gonna try to make it there more often this season.

I'm more excited about Albany-Saratoga switching back to dirt. I have already erased the past 2 pavement seasons from my memory. Can't wait to get back up there this summer.

I have not yet been to A-S, but with the dirt back on it's high on my list of tracks to visit, if the car counts are solid, which they should be, I will for sure make at least one trip there this year.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:38 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I've lessened the integrity of the tire wall at the go kart track at Auburndale by -1 tire. :X

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

well tonight was a shitshow.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

A driver who has raced at Auburndale a few times, also beat Chase Elliott last year in a 300 lapper, flipped at the same track this past weekend.

Steve Dorer was uninjured.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ok boys and girls, 'tis that time of year again. Long after all the dirt tracks (except Fulton I think) have opened up, it's time for opening night at the Steel Palace. May 5th Oswego opens the gates for year 62 of competition with 50 laps of Big Block SuperModified racing and 35 laps of Small Block Supers. Gates at 3PM, time trials at 5PM and heats roll at 6:30PM.

NOTE: An interesting change to opening night this year are the time trials. These are not something that will be done every week. It's being done for only the first race to set the handicapping for the features.

NOTE 2: Went to Lebanon Valley this past weekend. Cold cold cold, but a good night of racing. I believe Brett Hearn might just win every race there this year. I know, that sound ridiculous, but if you saw his run Saturday night you might say the same thing. LV is one of the best dirt tracks in NYS by far and even though Middletown (Orange County) is much closer, I'd still rather make the drive to the Valley.

With that said, chances are good May 19th I'll be at Orange County for the WoO Sprint Cars on the fast 5/8's mile. If any of you New York (or Western CT) fans are going to that race perhaps we could all get there a little early for some BBQ or something. Seems a lot of us hit the same tracks even though we live a good way apart.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:11 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

westracing01 wrote:
Ok boys and girls, 'tis that time of year again. Long after all the dirt tracks (except Fulton I think) have opened up, it's time for opening night at the Steel Palace. May 5th Oswego opens the gates for year 62 of competition with 50 laps of Big Block SuperModified racing and 35 laps of Small Block Supers. Gates at 3PM, time trials at 5PM and heats roll at 6:30PM.

I'm a little disappointed that I probably won't get to go to Oswego this year, but my home track, Can-Am Speedway, switched back to Saturdays, and I'm loyal to them so Fridays and Sundays are the only nights I can travel around to other places. Can-Am opened up this Saturday with the Empire Super Sprints (360 winged sprints), 34 cars showed up so it was a good night. They are trying to put some life into our Street Stock division by opening up the rules to allow Pro Stock teams to compete, which resulted in a nice 21 car field for opening night for my all time favorite division. The racing was intense in all the divisions, just a fun night, shame car counts are probably going to be pretty bad there this year.

Sunday I had no plans of going anywhere since it was fairly chilly, but I ended up heading down state for something unrelated and stopped at Utica-Rome on my way back for their season opener. Nothing but real race fans there, and quite a few despite the weather, and we were treated to one of the best battles for the win in a modified race that I have ever seen, anywhere. Mike Mahaney and Robbie Bellinger traded monster slide jobs, and a fair bit of paint, several times in the final three laps, and somehow neither wrecked and Bellinger held on for the win. Good quick night of racing as well, four divisions, started at 6, ended before 9:30, solid fields in all classes.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:03 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

[youtube]9HmkQHNdScA&feature=player_detailpage#t=224s[/youtube]
3:45.

Also, got an offer to help on a Tour modified crew...i've gotta think about it for a bit.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

^^ MRS, RoC or NASCAR modified?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

MRS...the 10x.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

westracing01 wrote:
With that said, chances are good May 19th I'll be at Orange County for the WoO Sprint Cars on the fast 5/8's mile. If any of you New York (or Western CT) fans are going to that race perhaps we could all get there a little early for some BBQ or something. Seems a lot of us hit the same tracks even though we live a good way apart.

I haven't been to Orange County since 2008. I def need to this year as well as LV.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The V8 Bomber race at Auburndale Saturday night, took nearly a half hour to even complete the first three laps. The 25 lap race took over an hour.

At one point, under caution, two cars made contact on the back stretch, the #0 of Reggie Ware II and the #29 of Bobby Mobley. It cut the #29 cars tire down and the #0 car went ahead. Still pacing, the #29 ran up on the #0 and bumped him, then moved ahead of him. The #0 proceeded to spin out the #29 car and then speed in front of the entire field where he was greeted with the black flag from the flagman. He answered the flag by doing donuts in the grass and then driving backwards. When he got back to the accident scene, Bobby Mobley was already of of his car waiting for him. When he tried to drive past him, Mobley started to chase after him on foot and actually jumped onto the trunk of Ware's car. At this point the crowd was going nuts, it was really about the only entertaining thing that happened all night. The #0 car sped up and and Mobley fell off the back, and Ware then went and did more donuts in the grass. The speedway sent the tow truck out to try and put a stop to him, and he finally pulled into the pits.

The entire night really seemed to drag on. The United Pro Trucks were supposed to run last week but it was rained out so they moved it to this week, along side of the Pro Figure 8's. In all there were 11 feature races, no heats like usual. Trucks qualified earlier in the day and they added 5 laps to all the feature events except the 50 lap truck race. The entire night seemed like it was spent pacing. Not always for wrecks either. It was mostly single car spins that would slide to the bottom of the track and couldn't get refired.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There's apparently been a very serious accident tonight at Auburndale. A driver in the kid's club (I've yet to hear a name), hit the wall head on. Racing had been stopped and he was airlifted from the speedway. There are conflicting reports at the moment on his condition, but the racing has been cancelled for the night. It doesn't look good. The kid is no older than 12

I believe the kids club cars are 4 cylinder cars, similar to modified mini stocks.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

K_Sherman wrote:
There's apparently been a very serious accident tonight at Auburndale. A driver in the kid's club (I've yet to hear a name), hit the wall head on. Racing had been stopped and he was airlifted from the speedway. There are conflicting reports at the moment on his condition, but the racing has been cancelled for the night. It doesn't look good. The kid is no older than 12

I believe the kids club cars are 4 cylinder cars, similar to modified mini stocks.

Reason number 423795649564145 why you shouldn't be allowed to race anything if you don't have your drivers license.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The driver was Tyler Morr. He was apparently revived and is currently in critical condition in the hospital.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 129 30 31 32 33140 Next