TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 7:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 5:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Would love a high-res of Smith crossing the line/doing burnouts if they exist? :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:30 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Always been curious, how come the 78 doesn't run Chevy decals? Wonder if that will change following this race.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 7:36 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

this is one season that the chase could really spoil

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 9:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Would love a high-res of Smith crossing the line/doing burnouts if they exist? :)

these any good for you?

Image (crew)

Image (burnout)

edit note sure why the thumbnails are not working so added a label, burnout one is 3rd one iirc.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brilliant. Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I did lol when Harvicks car crashed into the pit wall :lol: tbh both drivers are massive bell ends so they both deserve as good as they get.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 1:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I couldn't believe that Harvick left his car in neutral, probably not something you think about when suffering from road rage but most teams I've ever worked with prefer the car to be left in gear to stop it, err, from rolling away, not like you can pull the hand brake on in one of them... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
I couldn't believe that Harvick left his car in neutral, probably not something you think about when suffering from road rage but most teams I've ever worked with prefer the car to be left in gear to stop it, err, from rolling away, not like you can pull the hand brake on in one of them... :lol:

all it would take is one good push and it would probably pop it out of gear...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 6:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
NASCAR will look into driver altercations: NASCAR will address altercations that occurred between Ryan Newman and Juan Pablo Montoya in the sanctioning body's hauler and the dustup on and off the track between Kevin Harvick and Kyle Busch. "We'll look at both of those," Kerry Tharp, NASCAR's senior director of communications, said Sunday morning. Montoya requested a meeting with NASCAR after his feud with Newman was reignited at Richmond International Raceway last weekend. Newman and officials from Stewart Haas Racing elected to meet with NASCAR immediately after the Richmond race. When the drivers gathered in the hauler on Friday morning, a punch was thrown by Newman, according to sources. Harvick vs. Busch came to a crescendo last November at Homestead Miami Speedway when the driver of the #29 complained that Busch was racing him too hard and Harvick then dumped Busch's #18 Toyota, which erupted into flames. The rivalry was rekindled Saturday night at Darlington Raceway on the second-to-last restart on Lap 363 as the drivers jockeyed for position among the top 10 on the lead lap. After the race, Harvick chased Busch onto the entrance of pit road, where the #29 crew waited to defend their driver. Harvick climbed from the car and approached Busch's vehicle. Harvick attempted to throw a haymaker, but Busch hit the gas and plowed the #29 into the wall. Both drivers were called to the NASCAR hauler after the incident. The last time a NASCAR driver intentionally hit another car on pit road was Steven Wallace at Memphis Motorsports Park in October 2009. Wallace was fined $5,000 and placed on probation.(Fox Sports)(5-9-2011)

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:13 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Philthy82 wrote:
Always been curious, how come the 78 doesn't run Chevy decals? Wonder if that will change following this race.

Look closely at the nose, I thought he did.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:18 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm just thankful to the creator of the universe that we still have Darlington on the schedule. I wouldn't mind if all ten Chase races were held there.

Awesome job by Regan. I couldn't imagine being there at the point with old tires and not choking the lead away before Turn 1 itself.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

At least Regan doesn't have problems with anyone, as far as I know. If the one leading was B.Kez, he wouldn't be crossing the line first, not with Earl behind. Hell, he wouldn't have crossed the line at all.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Funny how Regan's car looks pretty much spotless. No "Darlington Stripe" or tire marks or anything.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Meanwhile, the way these cars look = REEL RACIN

Cartman wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Predictions for what lap Harvick wreaks Busch should be in place.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:39 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

First lap of practice

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scirocco wrote:
Predictions for what lap Harvick wreaks Busch should be in place.

Probably ought to wait until NASCAR declares the penalties beforehand. Seems like that could influence his decision. Also, if they both get probation, then it's probably going to fizzle right out for a while.

Couple of notes on the situation after hearing some discussion on the Sirius NASCAR station...

Kyle Petty was on the morning show yesterday and he made a really good point about the officials' lack of action on pit road. The drivers had made a move for pit road, jumped back to the track for a good 30 seconds, then went back on pit road and just sat for a fairly long time. Yet at no point were any officials really on hand in time to do anything about it. Petty made the point that most other sports will have officials jumping right in to stop altercations as soon as they see trouble. Anyway, in all the madness I never really even noticed the lack of action on their part and I think it's a great observation on KP's part.

Also (and this is a much simpler point) on the late show last night, Buddy Baker said a lot about it but he got around to the point that both of these drivers will be in the Chase and they'll probably be top contenders if they both get over this and move on. Because nobody's going to benefit if they keep wrecking one another. It's only going to cost both of them and it won't take long at all before they realize the consequences.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

But on the other hand, NASCAR was boring as shit till this happened.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:09 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

i just wanna see all gibbs cars and all RCR cars have a battle royal and harvick be the only one who comes out alive

paul menard just wouldn't participate, he doesn't give a shit

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 8:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Chris A wrote:

Couple of notes on the situation after hearing some discussion on the Sirius NASCAR station...

Kyle Petty was on the morning show yesterday and he made a really good point about the officials' lack of action on pit road. The drivers had made a move for pit road, jumped back to the track for a good 30 seconds, then went back on pit road and just sat for a fairly long time. Yet at no point were any officials really on hand in time to do anything about it. Petty made the point that most other sports will have officials jumping right in to stop altercations as soon as they see trouble. Anyway, in all the madness I never really even noticed the lack of action on their part and I think it's a great observation on KP's part.

what he fails to point out is that in other sports you don't have the off chance that an official could get knocked into next tuesday by a spinning automobile. i assume they were staying away because they were afraid they were going to fight using their cars instead of their fists.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous 116 17 18 19 20 Next