TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 1:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 20 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:39 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Over the last few years NASCAR has shown themselves incapable of attributing blame in any incident. They'll put both drivers on probation and both guys will at least let it drop for a few weeks because the threat of an actual suspension is the worst thing for them.

At this point I reckon Harvick should be able to get a group of drivers/team members together to make a point with Kyle. Planting some drugs on him and sending an anonymous tip to NASCAR would do the trick.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 5:41 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, I do remember. :(

ALso, I feel kinda bad for Clint Bowyer in that whole mess. I'm not so sure he knew what he was getting into when he tried to make that move. A bit like a person accidentally strolling into a barfight.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:01 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Well, if there's one thing good coming out of this race, the Talladega Screwjob never happened.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I didn't see the race but I was happy to see Regan Smith officially get his first career win. I'm happy for him and Furniture Row Racing, who have worked very hard to get to where they are able to run with the big boys every week. This is definately a feel good racing.

As far as the Kyle Busch vs. Kevin Harvick situation goes, Kyle Busch should know that Kevin Harvick doesn't let things go very easily. Harvick has never been a guy to back down when he feels that he's been wronged. Kyle Busch might be about to learn that he messed with the wrong guy tonight.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 6:17 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

He should ask Greg Biffle.

I love Kyle Busch, but he really screwed the pooch tonight. It would really baffle me for Harvick to get a penalty because he did absolutely NOTHING wrong. Harvick went to talk to him and Busch just took off. That was rather stupid.

If NASCAR were fair, Kyle would be penalized and Harvick would get no more than a warning.

BTW, congrats to Regan Smith, he finally gets one fair and square.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 7:09 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Anyone got some downloadable versions? My dad missed it and I am bringing my computer along for mothers day, and want to show him on the drive... Thanks in advance...

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 8:30 am 

This is what NASCAR is all about. Harvick calling out the human vagina, Kyle Busch. An upset winner. An exciting finish. A challenging track. An endurance type race. Pit stop strategy. It was all there :thumbsup:

The only thing that could have made it better was to have it run under the brutal heat of a southern labor day sun.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:22 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I was on my feet for the last few laps (in my living room :p ). What a result for Smith. Been waiting since that Talladega race for this.

And Kyle Busch. What a douche! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:06 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

nascarmaniac wrote:
Anyone got some downloadable versions? My dad missed it and I am bringing my computer along for mothers day, and want to show him on the drive... Thanks in advance...

Best thing you can do is just fully load the Youtube versions on your laptop before you need to disconnect from the internet, if you don't manage to find one - as they can still be played back in those circumstances.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:29 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

use keepvid to download the youtube video then play it with vlc.

TBH both the drivers are pricks, Harvick really needs to learn to watch a replay before throwing punches and Busch should man up, all he had to do was get out the car and keep his helmet on and he'd have been fine. If anything I dislike Harvick more than Busch, to quote Mark Martin, "He's got that little yap yap voice" that annoys you whenever you hear it.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You disliking Harvick is the only reasoning I can see behind your comment "Harvick really needs to learn to watch a replay before throwing punches". You shouldn't need a replay, but looking at one it's clear Busch turned down into Harvick for a good half a straightaway until he was damn sure he wrecked him. Harvick's reaction was more than justified.

BTW your yap yap quote is from Ricky Rudd.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:46 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ah ha yeah Ricky Rudd :)

I can see why he was pissed, but he was quiet happy to dish it out too, just didn't like it when he got a taste of his own medicine.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 11:56 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

There's a difference between a light bump going into the corner, and turning halfway across the race track to make sure you the spin the guy into the wall.

I know Harvick got into Busch on the backstraight as well, but he looked like he got loose and it was a complete accident. Or did I miss something?

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:03 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Glad Smith got the win they can't take away.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:50 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ian-S wrote:
use keepvid to download the youtube video then play it with vlc.

TBH both the drivers are pricks, Harvick really needs to learn to watch a replay before throwing punches and Busch should man up, all he had to do was get out the car and keep his helmet on and he'd have been fine. If anything I dislike Harvick more than Busch, to quote Mark Martin, "He's got that little yap yap voice" that annoys you whenever you hear it.

Why would he need to watch a replay? Busch fucked him and he knew it. Yes, Harvick has had a few really embarrassing over-reactions before when he should have seen a replay, but last night was absolutely not one of those situations.

Oh, and it was actually Ricky Rudd who made that comment about Harvick. That was an interesting night as well. :p

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 1:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
There's a difference between a light bump going into the corner, and turning halfway across the race track to make sure you the spin the guy into the wall.

I'm not going to bother getting into an argument about specifics, but that's a bit optimistic description of what happened, both of them are attention whores at the end of the day and are as bad as each other imho.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

id like to see harvicks wife punch kyle in the face.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dear God, the ESPN.com commenters are almost universally siding with Kyle Busch for "giving Harvick what he deserves." What the hell is wrong with everybody??? Kyle Busch tried to kill Kevin Harvick! That's unacceptable under any circumstances, even if you think Harvick deserved to get wrecked (which I don't even think he deserved personally, but trying to see both sides here). Kyle Busch absolutely 100% deserves to have his nose broken.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just goes to show how up Kyle they are.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:17 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I hate it that their drama took away from Regan Smith's win a bit.. you never saw his burnout live, just the replay of it after they finished with Harvick and Busch.

Harvick had every right to be pissed at Busch, it's one thing to bump someone, it's another to flat out turn them on the straight. That was a pretty cowardly move on Busch's part, for that, and then him trying to run and hide from Harvick.. all he had to do was keep driving to where his crew was.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19 20 Next