TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nevermind, I was using logic again

Last edited by cArmAkAze on Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe4345 wrote:
There's a GIGANTIC difference between field fillers taking eachother out than a champion that was multiple laps down taking out the leader of the race.

Why? Intentionally wrecking someone is intentionally wrecking someone.. shouldn't matter who they are.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:56 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gael wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:
There's a GIGANTIC difference between field fillers taking eachother out than a champion that was multiple laps down taking out the leader of the race.

Why? Intentionally wrecking someone is intentionally wrecking someone.. shouldn't matter who they are.

How about when Gilliland wrecked her?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I understand the hypocrisy of penalize one and not the other, but come on....Kenseth taking out Logano wasn't a racing incident or usual, "short track" BS. It was calculated and malicious. Danica was retaliating on a midpack crash from earlier in the race...it's usual protocol on a short track to pay who wrecked you back, we all know this. Kenseth limped around, multiple laps down, waited for Logano....who was LEADING the race and intentionally took him out. Big difference.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, seeing as Carl Edwards nearly killed a man at one of the fastest tracks in Nascar and received no punishment, and Kevin Harvick spun someone out on the slowest track in Nascar, in a truck race no less, and was banned for the next Cup race, they seem pretty consistent.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Expect to see Erik Jones in the 20 next week at Texas.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Well, seeing as Carl Edwards nearly killed a man at one of the fastest tracks in Nascar and received no punishment, and Kevin Harvick spun someone out on the slowest track in Nascar, in a truck race no less, and was banned for the next Cup race, they seem pretty consistent.

I believe that was more due to the fact that NASCAR warned him not to retaliate, he did it, and then he just parked his truck near the NASCAR hauler and bailed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

They won't do anything. JGR got that mad Dolla General money.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gael wrote:
Joe4345 wrote:

Don't play dumb. She was probably out of line as well but it wasn't anywhere near as serious as how heavily Kenseth retaliated.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The worst part is the blatant lying in the interview, fair enough if you targeted him as payback, admit it, don't make a cock and bull story up about your right front tyre being flat when millions of TV viewers just saw it was still inflated just fine after the crash.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
cArmAkAze wrote:

I believe that was more due to the fact that NASCAR warned him not to retaliate, he did it, and then he just parked his truck near the NASCAR hauler and bailed.

I get they were trying to "humble" him, but c'mon, Carl nearly put Brad in the grandstands, for real. He spun him on the fastest part of the track, going INTO the second dog-leg. Either Carl knew exactly what he was doing, or he is just really, really dumb. Nascar should have given him the next weekend off just to give him a psych evaluation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:28 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

I wonder why NASCAR didn't drop the hammer on Carl then. That was as blatant - and as destructive - an incident I've seen at a NASCAR race. Brad was lucky to have not been killed that day.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:29 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
The worst part is the blatant lying in the interview, fair enough if you targeted him as payback, admit it, don't make a cock and bull story up about your right front tyre being flat when millions of TV viewers just saw it was still inflated just fine after the crash.

Yeah, seems to be the go-to thing for drivers now.. 3 weeks in a row the drivers have said BS (Logano, Harvick, now Kenseth) after the fact. Guessing it's because if they claim xyz, it helps their chances to not get penalized.

Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Oh, I have no arguments for the Edwards thing. It's still aggravating to think about him getting away with that.

Gold Member
Gold Member

Joe A wrote:
I wonder why NASCAR didn't drop the hammer on Carl then. That was as blatant - and as destructive - an incident I've seen at a NASCAR race. Brad was lucky to have not been killed that day.

Remember how caved in his roof was? Jesus.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:32 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gael wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Yeah, seems to be the go-to thing for drivers now.. 3 weeks in a row the drivers have said BS (Logano, Harvick, now Kenseth) after the fact. Guessing it's because if they claim xyz, it helps their chances to not get penalized.

Logano's wasn't BS. Unless you're not talking about Kansas.

But still, you make a good point. I think that truly is something drivers have always done. "Throttle hung, car pushed, I had a flat tire, there must have been oil..." all typical tongue-in-cheek responses at times where a bit of honesty would belong.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Also, I know I'm reaching, but I'm just trying to point out the BS if Kenseth gets penalized, while another person intentionally wrecks someone in the same race doesn't. That being said, I'd like NASCAR to put a stop to this intentional wrecking bullshit.

I'm guessing they'll make an example out of him and park him a race though.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:34 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Gael wrote:
Joe A wrote:

Remember how caved in his roof was? Jesus.

Absolutely. I remember a brief twinge of panic when they first showed the car. Looked really fucking bad. Thankfully that was one of those times when you didn't have to wait much time at all to see the driver was okay.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:34 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:
Gael wrote:
Ian-S wrote:

Logano's wasn't BS. Unless you're not talking about Kansas.

But still, you make a good point. I think that truly is something drivers have always done. "Throttle hung, car pushed, I had a flat tire, there must have been oil..." all typical tongue-in-cheek responses at times where a bit of honesty would belong.

Yeah, talking about Kansas, he had a quote something along the lines of that they were just going for the same real estate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't think NASCAR will do a damn thing about what happened today. I don't think this is the last time we will see such shenanigans this year either.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 Next