TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1806 807 808 809 8101060 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

That last sentence sums it up for me as well (minus a year in age).

It's actually kind of freeing. I don't have to fool myself into caring about it anymore. I don't have to put up with all the dumb shit from the leadership, drivers, reporters, etc. No more Rutledge Wood. And if I ever come back to the same degree of interest that I used to have, it can only be the result of some miraculous change in the direction of the series.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm honestly considering not renewing my Homestead tickets after this year. This whole season has really soured me on NASCAR as a whole.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I really wish indycar hadn't already put itself into stasis so long ago, sounds like it'd pick up quite a few new fans right about now

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

meanwhile......http://nascar.nbcsports.com/2015/10/27/ ... gas-crash/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:07 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

holy shit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:03 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

so there might be some on track activity at Rockingham soon, Level 1 Motorsports is renting both the 1 mile and the 1/2 mile ovals over the next several months for driver development testing sessions & evaluations. Don't think the team has attempted a truck race in a few years but they do run at some of the local tracks in the NC/SC area in other classes. I believe this is legal under current NASCAR rules as I heard rookie drivers are allowed to test still.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 0489225274

I really hope this is a good sign for the future of Rockingham, would love to race there again on the Little Rock 1/4 mile (ran a Bandolero there a few times in 2010 while chasing national points, never got the chance to race a Legend there)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:40 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Until this past year, I had made an effort to watch every race every week, and when I missed a race, I kind of felt upset about it. Not this year. I think I've watched maybe 10 races this year, and that was out of curiosity than anything else. It's hard to give a shit about NASCAR when they keep doing what they're doing. Even a race that may have been a great one - like Sunday's - was royally screwed by NASCAR's hilarious incompetence.

I'm actually glad Tony Stewart's retiring, I won't have to watch this crap anymore.

Chris A wrote:
No more Rutledge Wood.

Ah yes, the Ralph Wiggum of NASCAR. I forgot about him and how considerably annoying he was.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:42 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Chris A wrote:

It's actually kind of freeing. I don't have to fool myself into caring about it anymore. I don't have to put up with all the dumb shit from the leadership, drivers, reporters, etc. No more Rutledge Wood. And if I ever come back to the same degree of interest that I used to have, it can only be the result of some miraculous change in the direction of the series.

So, since nobody is watching the races on Sunday from here on, can we resurrect the Sunday afternoon Forza league with Forza 6? :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn't see it mentioned on here, but Austin Cindric is driving the BKR #29 truck at Martinsville this weekend. In what little I saw him in ARCA and the Continental Tire series, I really like him and think he's a future name to watch for.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The Darlington finish was also shaping up to be a good one before NASCAR ruined it with one of their "car got sideways" cautions.

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
Chris A wrote:

So, since nobody is watching the races on Sunday from here on, can we resurrect the Sunday afternoon Forza league with Forza 6? :D

I started iRacing in the summer of 2012 and haven't touched another racing game since. Sorry man.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I really need to get into iRacing. When my old computer went belly up a few years ago, I never got another one (wife has a laptop which we only use for school). Man I miss racing online....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ditto. I'd love to get into it, but even my one-night-a-week NR2003 league was getting to me time-wise. Much like how we're all talking about how the current state of NASCAR takes up too much of our calendars (i.e. some of us have a bad case of "other shit to do"), I was finding it hard to dedicate 3-ish hours on Tuesday nights.

So I'm guessing that, even though I'd love to get into iRacing, it would be just as time-consuming... one day, though, you're all fuckin' going down. :wave:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

This is so true. I have barely watched any NASCAR at all this year. A big part of it is because the quality of the racing was SO bad that I just didn't feel like trying to find time to fit it into my schedule. I watched every IndyCar race (except NOLA) but even then half of those I had to DVR and watch later. And since we're on the topic, I used to have an iRacing subscription and really enjoyed it, but I don't have the time or patience to do longer races that involve pitstops. All I want is a 15-20 minute sprint race at my own leisure, so iRacing just doesn't really fit into that for me unfortunately. On the rare occasion that I get my steering wheel hooked up anymore, it's for rFactor or Gran Turismo, depending on what I'm in the mood to do. (I really wish iRacing had AI so I could just do that kind of spur-of-the-moment for-fun-only racing in it too.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:14 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Need to do some NR2003 fun racing at Martinsville, during Martinsville.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I miss NR2003 fun racing :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:03 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The sad thing is this is exactly the time of year I start watching more nascar because there's feck all else racing to watch.

February and November are prime nascar times for me because shit racing is still better than no racing at all

(Tho f1 directly clashing with 2 of the supposedly good chase races hasn't helped much)

Oh well I'll sit alone in the nascar thread and chat to Gaara I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:13 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brandt and Allgaier to JR Motorsports to run Xfinity in 2016. Justin is one of those rare cases where he's a great driver that just so happens to have a sponsor willing to follow him wherever he goes - usually, it's the crappy drivers that have all the sponsorship dollars.

Sucks that he had to take a step back - he gave that 51 car some great runs over the past couple years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

This debacle makes the coming downforce changes very frustrating because (for me at least) it leaves just a lingering glimmer of hope that there might be some quality on the track next year. It's still going to be poisoned to death by the Chase and the culture it's created but there is just that one little promise of something fun. It's like an abusive ex that just keeps dangling false hopes before you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Exactly how I feel, Chris. The culture in NASCAR is so toxic right now. It affects everything that happens on track and off track.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Even from a purely cultural standpoint it's obnoxious. They've chased down every bit of retarded, mainstream fuckery that there's really no identity of its own left.

From a competition standpoint, NASCAR was just so very different from other mainstream sports. That was part of the appeal, other than the obvious need for potential fans to actually have an interest in motorsport. In my opinion it was probably a big reason it grew so huge to begin with. That's all gone too.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1806 807 808 809 8101060 Next