TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 5:47 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1787 788 789 790 7911060 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Damn, RIP Buddy.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:28 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

cArmAkAze wrote:
Quote:
New York law does not allow the Ward family to collect damages for their own pain and suffering but does allow parents to recover loss of expected future support and care that their child could have provided.

Let's ask fellow Cup Series champ in the making and race day heroin user Aaron Fike how much he's making from his racing career, and then go from there. :wave:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

To be fair, heroin is a far cry from weed. Not really a fair assessment.

And RIP Buddy Baker. Between Buddy and Sean P, this weekend has been fucking terrible :C

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I definitely agree about your statement about heroin vs. weed, and although I have nothing about recreational use of anything (it's your own damn body, folks), doing something on race day that will impair your judgement and endanger yourself and others is asinine. If that's the kind of driver Ward was, then he wasn't about to go setting the racing world on fire. That's basically where I was going with that one.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Come on Bleacher Report... really? Bobby Baker?

RIP Buddy. Going to miss all of those wonderful stories you told of how it was in the glory days. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
I definitely agree about your statement about heroin vs. weed, and although I have nothing about recreational use of anything (it's your own damn body, folks), doing something on race day that will impair your judgement and endanger yourself and others is asinine. If that's the kind of driver Ward was, then he wasn't about to go setting the racing world on fire. That's basically where I was going with that one.

I've been a recreational user of weed for the better part of 12 years, but I have never touched the hard shit. I've seen habitual heroin and meth users, and they are literally operating in another dimension.

On the subject of drivers using on race day, I know for a fact (even from my small sample size) that there are more than a few dirt track drivers toking up before hitting the track. I've been in the pits, from Calvert City to Haubstadt, and getting lit up before the race is not uncommon. The defense that Kevin Ward was high when he ran onto an active race track is good for Stewart's defense, but that's not what got him killed. It's just what drivers do: they get wrecked, run on the track, and make gestures at the offending driver. It's been going on since the first guy who got a car to go fast got another guy to go fast with him. It's part of racing's DNA. The Ward incident was just a series of unfortunate events, including Ward acting a fool and Stewart trying to intimidate him. No one intended to physically hurt anyone else, it just happened. Stewart should be held accountable, but not totally to blame.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:14 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Really? The handful of times I've done it, my judgement was all out of whack for a couple days. Then again, it's not something I did when I was younger (I was a late bloomer, haha), so that might make me a bit of a lightweight... either way, I don't think it's anything pro's should be using the day of a race.

I hate to sound like an old square, but shouldn't the high of *racing* be enough? I mean, weed is alright and all, but if I actually had the opportunity and money to race, I wouldn't take the risk of drowning that rush of excitement with anything.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:24 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Either your tolerance is low or the stuff you got was really fucking good :D

The only explanation I can is most weekend warriors have no ambition to go beyond racing modifieds or late models or sprint cars at their local race tracks, it's just a hobby that they have the resources to afford.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Andre wrote:

Yeah there is a HUGE difference between heroin and weed. I used to smoke weed a lot in my younger days and have tried cocaine a few times. But I knew when it was time to quit and just did one day cold turkey and haven't looked back. Heroin is a different animal though... It has impacted me on a personal level. My sister became addicted to it a little over a year ago and I've seen her life just absolutely crumble apart so fast. I can honestly say I don't even know where she is anymore and haven't spoken to her since December.

Anyway... Weed stays in your system for quite a while. Just because he tested positive for it, doesn't mean he was impaired at the moment the accident took place. I think that is just ammo people can use against Ward and his family.... That said, I fully support Tony and think that Kevin was just heated at that moment (like a lot of racers are) and made a dumb decision.

Last edited by ChrisTRD on Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 3:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Very sad news about Buddy Baker. I didn't think he would go so quickly after it was revealed that he had cancer. :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:27 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Location: Miles from civilizaton or any decent racetrack Minnesota USA
NASCAR could run "the boot" again at Watkins Glen: Now that Watkins Glen has started repaving its racing surface, running "the Boot" may be back on the table for NASCAR races. The current configuration of the Glen for NASCAR Sprint Cup and XFINITY Series races eliminates the Boot, which contains Turns 6 through 9, and shortens the course from 3.40 miles to 2.45 miles. But with repaving already having taken place in the Boot, smoothing the bumps in that portion of the track, NASCAR is considering running the full Grand Prix Course, which currently is used for the Tudor United Sports Car Championship. "We could," NASCAR Executive Vice President and Chief Racing Development officer Steve O'Donnell told the NASCAR Wire Service before Sunday's Cheez-It 355 at the Glen. "We're discussing it with the track. It's something we're looking at down the road." Even with the addition of the Boot, Watkins Glen wouldn't be the longest road course on the NASCAR rotation. Road America in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, which hosts the XFINITY Series, measures 4.048 miles.(NASCAR Wire Service)(8-10-2015

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thank God, I was so tired of hearing everyone go on about all weekend WHICH TURNS R U TALKING ABOUT LOL I'M SO CONFUSED. The same fucking layout you assholes been running for the last 20-some fucking years, Jesus Motherfucking Christ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:54 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

RIP Buddy, on and off the track you were one of the best.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Buddy ran some sharp cars back in the day. :flag: 8)

RIP.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Now those are fuckin Cup cars.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

rip

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RIP Buddy. Gonna miss that voice.

Wreckinturn4 wrote:
rip

Dat 20 degree spoiler.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:58 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

hearing there are some teams returning to the grid next week in all 3 series at Bristol. Cup team announcement will be on Friday apparently, PEG Racing (Benny Gordon) will race the Xfinity race. 2 teams are returning to Trucks, those being Wauters Motorsports and Braun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dylan Kwasniewski racing for Obaika this weekend at Mid Ohio
[tweet]https://twitter.com/jayski/status/631937256857534464[/tweet]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rock Star

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21197 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1787 788 789 790 7911060 Next