TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1737 738 739 740 7411060 Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Has anyone been watching this NASCAR Gridiron stuff on NBCSN with the joe gibbs drivers and football players? They had a 20 lap race at Charlotte on last night that was pretty lol. It almost seemed TOO staged with all the passing and repassing. If it wasn't, then NASCAR should take note lol. Also the NFL guys riding shotgun seemed bored. One even had his cell phone out taking selfies and video as he rode along. Doesn't do much to show NASCAR as the bad ass sport they try to portray it. Also of note.. Holy hell the combo of Jeff Burton, Rick Allen, and Steve Letarte in the booth sucks.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:35 am 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Nice to see that some teams still actually paint their cars rather than put a wrap on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Brennan Poole (who had 27 top 10's in 35 ARCA starts) has JUST been announced to drive 15 races for HScott in the #42. Kind of a random move, but good for a driver who proved himself. Does this mean the brat Kwasniewski has been givin the pink slip??? One can only hope.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

de31168 wrote:
Has anyone been watching this NASCAR Gridiron stuff on NBCSN with the joe gibbs drivers and football players? They had a 20 lap race at Charlotte on last night that was pretty lol. It almost seemed TOO staged with all the passing and repassing. If it wasn't, then NASCAR should take note lol. Also the NFL guys riding shotgun seemed bored. One even had his cell phone out taking selfies and video as he rode along. Doesn't do much to show NASCAR as the bad ass sport they try to portray it. Also of note.. Holy hell the combo of Jeff Burton, Rick Allen, and Steve Letarte in the booth sucks.

It looked staged at first but then it seemed like they all said to hell with it and went at it for real in the second half. It looked like 1960s speedway racing. Slower down the straights and in the turns but no aero push.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Suarez going 4 wide into t3.. I thought to myself.. if they come off the corner the same 4 wide as going in, it's fixed. I was hoping they'd tear em all up though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:19 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

There is no way it was real because they didn't have a debris caution.

Also, does anyone remember Canadian Motor Speedway? Well, here is an update.

Quote:
We are moving forward with our final site plan design, but have stalled out a bit while negotiating with the MTO on the Bowen Rd./QEW Interchange. We did open an office in Fort Erie in November 2014 and have a few events coming up where we look forward to speaking with residents and fans. Motorama in Toronto March 13-15th and Niagara Falls Sports Expo in NF March 21st.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Ian-S wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:
No more Nationwide/Xfinity live on MotorsTV

Quote:
At the moment we're only looking at a potential highlights package, there will be no Live...

meh

Typical, wasn't it IMG who fucked up Champcar's TV rights back in the day too?

ESPN - happy to have someone take it off their hands, even if at reduced value, as long as it covers cost = NASCAR has good European coverage.
IMG - you don't want to pay what we're asking? tough, we do not negotiate. Nobody watches NASCAR.

I fucking hate bean counters, I'm expecting Premier's coverage of Cup to go the same way.

Glad to be proven wrong, Premier confirmed 3 more years of Sprint Cup Coverage last night.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

de31168 wrote:

I work for the Petty Driving Experience, and can swear up and down that it was definitely not staged. They wore the crap out of those cars, the executives were not happy at all. Especially the burnouts at the end, it was only the winner that was supposed to do that. :p

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speaking of the RPDE. Walt Disney World Speedway is being shut down by Disney
http://www.motorsport.com/automotive/ne ... d-speedway

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

de31168 wrote:
Also of note.. Holy hell the combo of Jeff Burton, Rick Allen, and Steve Letarte in the booth sucks.

Oh man it was painful to listen to them. They better do some serious practicing. Really boring and amateur sounding.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:44 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Underdogfan wrote:
Brennan Poole (who had 27 top 10's in 35 ARCA starts) has JUST been announced to drive 15 races for HScott in the #42. Kind of a random move, but good for a driver who proved himself. Does this mean the brat Kwasniewski has been givin the pink slip??? One can only hope.

Part-time this year in the 42, when Larson isn't running.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

zippy wrote:
I work for the Petty Driving Experience, and can swear up and down that it was definitely not staged. They wore the crap out of those cars, the executives were not happy at all. Especially the burnouts at the end, it was only the winner that was supposed to do that. :p

Lol well if that was legit, NASCAR needs to look at that for their next rules package.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:55 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Underdogfan wrote:

Hey now, Quasinoobski added much needed entertainment to the Cup lite series.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:24 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

de31168 wrote:
zippy wrote:

Lol well if that was legit, NASCAR needs to look at that for their next rules package.

No way. They were going much slower than the Cup cars. It was driving me nuts.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

About the NBC TV crew. I have always been a fan of Rick "PRAHBLEMS" Allen. But he's gonna have a hard time shining with these two newbs in the booth. Seriously who thought Steve Letarte was a good choice??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Strange to elevate 2 inexperienced guys STRAIGHT to the cup series. I know Burton has sat in the booth from time to time as a guest but AFAIK he has never called a full race.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I thought they'd try to get Wally in there. The whole line up has made me feel pretty iffy from the get go. I just see it being very boring like Punch/Jarrett/Petree

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 4:12 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

Jeff Gordon was on /r/NASCAR earlier today for an AMA

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:

That Dale Sr. story at the very top was :thumbsup: . I was at Pocono that day - the crowd around me was Earnhardt-centric, and my family and I were the only Gordon fans within earshot... when Dale bumped Jeff, the roar around us was deafening.

We got the last laugh when Jeff won, though. He went on to win four-in-a-row, and six of the next eight. That was a good summer. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:42 pm 

Patricia Driscoll granted no-contact order against Kurt Busch

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1737 738 739 740 7411060 Next