TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1704 705 706 707 7081060 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:17 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I have a signed poster from Charlie "Handlebars" Kovacs that disagrees with you.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:27 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

As if Danica needed to give me more reasons to dislike her.

Quote:
Earlier in her media availability, Patrick was asked about NASCAR's diversity program in light of the celebration of NASCAR Hall of Fame nominee Wendell Scott this weekend at Martinsville.

"I've never benefitted from NASCAR's diversity program," Patrick said. "... Well, clearly, then I wouldn't think there needs to be a diversity program if I'm here and I didn't get in. It wasn't like they asked me to be in it. They didn't give my team or me any money, they didn't say, 'We'd love you,' you know? So I would say that you have to just make it. I'm not saying that being a girl hasn't helped, but I didn't need a program to make it happen."

Congratulations, you didn't need the diversity program because you had GoDaddy pay your way to the top.. slutting yourself out in the magazines didn't hurt your cause either.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:08 am 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

And then, there's this gem:

I was really pissed off after qualifying. I went to the NASCAR hauler and I said, "What the [expletive] is this? Is that what we were trying to accomplish?"

Part of it was because it was Ricky, and part of it was because that could have just as easily been me. I know how important those races are to me and my team, but also my sponsors and the people who invest in those events, especially the big ones at the speedways, but all of them. ... I was fighting for not having someone that wasn't deserving being in that situation.

He wanted to go home. As much as a girlfriend, I wanted him to stay and be there, I was like "I get it, if you want to go home, go home. I get it." He wanted to ride the tractor all day and not even watch the race, which I wouldn't want to watch either if I was in that scenario, so I really understood where he was coming from. He ended up doing the right thing. He had some sponsor obligations the next day.

I just hope that no one undeserving is ever in that scenario in the future. Hopefully NASCAR does something that it doesn't happen.

Translation: My boyfriend got DNQed, so I bitched to NASCAR about it, even tho he and I played by the same rules NASCAR laid out in September.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:34 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

Waaah

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That time of month?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:21 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/nascar/es ... cca72.html

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

She's right though. Drive for diversity is not really required if you ask Willy T Ribbs, Shawna Robinson, Patty Moise, Sarah Christian or Bill Lester and Dega qualifying really was a joke by universal opinion so are we just mocking Danica cuz its Danica?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:35 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Hotdogger wrote:
She's right though. Drive for diversity is not really required if you ask Willy T Ribbs, Shawna Robinson, Patty Moise, Sarah Christian or Bill Lester

Well, the racing world is dominated by white males, so it can only be good if the culture could be spread.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Danica is a joke, only there because of Go Daddy's incompetence. Maybe if Johanna Long could get some sponsorship things would be different.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

dicksplaash wrote:
Hotdogger wrote:
She's right though. Drive for diversity is not really required if you ask Willy T Ribbs, Shawna Robinson, Patty Moise, Sarah Christian or Bill Lester

Well, the racing world is dominated by white males, so it can only be good if the culture could be spread.

Not being a white male, I can only agree but you need to make it on your talent instead of your race. Larson would have made it to where he is without d4d. He was already well known for his talent long before d4d picked him up for that one season in K&N. Darrell Wallace Jr is so far the only real d4d 'product' of any worth and even he has yet to make it further than Marc Davis did. Lets see.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Danica is a joke, only there because of Go Daddy's incompetence. Maybe if Johanna Long could get some sponsorship things would be different.

Hey, as much as I think Johanna Long could totally kick ass out there, it's not Danica's fault Go Daddy pours money into her. Is she supposed to be like "oh no, dont give my team that much money, it's not fair to the Johanna Longs of the world"?

So that makes Danica a joke? Just curious how that is.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:21 pm 

Talladega qualy sucks, we all get that. I feel like she's only bitching because she doesn't have Wrecky Stenhouse to bounce off of to trigger a 10-car wreck.

Not really her fault for giving a dumb reason, tho. GoDaddy pours their infinite resources on her and praying that she's the next Dale Earnhardt or Jeff Gordon or Jimmie Johnson or whatever.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:53 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I do prefer to look at her career from an objective point of view and not be among those quick to dismiss her, but man, she has a way of being annoying. Kurt Busch in the first few years of his career, "never knowing when to shut up" annoying.

Her point about the d4d was actually valid, but even though the Talladega qualifying was weird, everyone ran under the same set of rules, some tried to "play the game" and ended up being screwed by it. I didn't see anything with that session, beyond the drivers trying to screw each other over, that was any different than the rest of the year. Nothing to get worked up about.

Performance-wise, she's improved a fair amount (still makes Ernie Irvan-like mistakes, though), and I've defended her when people have been quick to dismiss her unreasonably for this reason and that (the "BUT SHE'S IN CHAMPIONSHIP-WINNING EQUIPMENT" still makes me LOL). I've always found her interviews and stuff pretty meh since the beginning of her career, however.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

She can turn a 30 second interview for any other driver into a 5 minute interview, because she just can't stop talking.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:40 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I remember when she ran ARCA Daytona for the first time and every interview she kept repeating the basic fundamentals of stock car racing the way her crew chief explained them to her. Yes Danica we all know how stock cars work at Daytona, you don't. But I guess in fairness she really had no idea what else to talk about.

I agree with Gael though.. "How's the car today?" - Any other racer "It's tight, we'll work on it." Danica - "It's tight because when you have weight on the right front spring it doesn't want to turn and so Tony and the boys said they would go ahead and change that spring and put some blocks of rubber in it because that's how stock cars make turns because they are so heavy and all the weight goes on that corner from their design and then hopefully if I lift a little sooner and drive a little lower line like they said I should be doing then it should not be so tight and maybe we can pick up a few tenths off that half second we're behind everyone and then we'll be in great shape for the race."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Precisely. Busch was like that in his early years, and he'd use words you weren't even sure he knew what they meant. Also, he looked like a gopher\beaver hybrid with those ears of his.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Am I the only one who thought Johanna was overvalued? Especially during her early career?

Also what happened to Chrissy Wallace? I thought she was better the Johanna and Danica.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:43 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

On my phone so I'm not gonna attempt to copy and paste it, but that tweet Steve Byrnes' wife sent is just about the saddest thing I've ever read.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

http://theorangeconesblog.blogspot.com/ ... er-to.html

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:26 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

David_Hetzel wrote:
Am I the only one who thought Johanna was overvalued? Especially during her early career?

She came up way too early in her career, but she's done more with less. Danica's done less with more, IMO.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1704 705 706 707 7081060 Next