TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71140 Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Funny how those two were big men in their cars, but as soon as they get out they want no part of each other. If I was the dude that got run over, I'd be rolling dude's intestines out like a garden hose

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Airborne Park Speedway has been listed for sale
http://www.dirttrackdigest.com/NewPress/?p=12206

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Update on the construction progress of Dominion Raceway, the 4/10 mile oval getting paved now

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:43 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

56 cars entered so far for this year's Snowball Derby
http://speed51.com/snowball-derby-entri ... te-102015/

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PASS Super lates had their national championship finale at Greenville-Pickens tonight. 125 lapper, "The Howler".

Clean race with only one or two yellows for stalled cars. Lead changed hands a couple of times as cars burned their tires off. Drivers starting in the back stormed their way to the front. Zane Smith in the #77 took the lead somewhere around 50 to go and picked his way through lap traffic as 2nd through 6th raced each other extremely hard. #73 Joey Doiron restarted in 22nd at one point and fought through all the traffic and had the fastest piece as the race came down to the wire and the leader caught more traffic. On the white flag he was at the 77's bumper. He gave him a couple of shots headed into turn 1 but Smith held tough. Going into 3 Doiron moved him and got through to take the checkered flag.

As he checked up after the line, Smith stayed in the throttle and ran Doiron the fuck over, hooking him in the left rear, jacking his rear tires off the ground and sending him drivers side flush into the turn 1 wall, destroying his car. It took him a minute Joey climbed out and limped back down the front stretch to victory lane while Smith drove straight to his own hauler.

Kind of a shitty way to end what was a decent race. The V8 Renegades had a great race too in the closing laps. 1-2 side by side for a good 9 or 10 laps, banging doors and smoking tires until one of them tried to dive bomb the other and ran him up the track and head on into the outside wall.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:50 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Video of that renegade battle from my camera

And the crash from another fan cam. Actually looks like the outside car tried to hook the inside car and stuffed himself.
https://youtu.be/JFtuerruHuE?t=173

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

And from the PASS Facebook. Zane Smith was fined a total of $3000 and docked 150 points both for the intentional wreck, and for not reporting to the front stretch for an interview/skipping post race tech.
Quote:
As the field took the white flag on the final lap, Doiron was on Smith’s back bumper as they entered turn one. The two made slight contact allowing Doiron to pull alongside down the backstretch. With a half car length advantage at the finish, Doiron took the win, but the two cars made contact just past the finish line sending Doiron hard into the outside wall.
Following the incident, several penalties were handed down to Zane Smith. Smith was fined $2000 and 100 championship points for extreme aggressive driving on the final lap. He was also docked an additional 50 points and $1000 for not pulling onto the front straightaway following the race and for not reporting to the tech area immediately after the race. Additionally, he will have to start last in the final 2 PASS South races at Concord Speedway and Hickory Motor Speedway, regardless of where he qualifies, and will be on strict probation for the remainder of the season.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

New London-Waterford Speedbowl hosting INEX Legends Asphalt Nationals in 2016.
http://legendsnation.com/2015/10/26/201 ... nnecticut/

somewhat shocked that they announced the 2016 venue this early, they normally wait until March or April of the same year. Although they have done alot later (the 2011 Legends Big Money 100 at Charlotte was announced within 1 month before it happened.)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:08 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Gonna be a shitshowwww.

We had 50+ show up for the "big money" Legends race this weekend and it was a mess.

Can't wait for 400 cars and a weekend of wreckin.'

Maybe my cousins will dust off their old cars and have a go.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

at least Waterford is a bigger track compared to some of their past host tracks. No way in hell 400 cars show up though, that didn't even happen for the Legends Million at Charlotte a few years back. And that was when car counts were still high there on a weekly basis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Yeah, they'll be turning 16.7-8's most of the time. Before the SK Lite's started racing there, Legends were the third fastest division the track ran.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

for those coming to the Carolina's this weekend for either World of Outlaws World Finals or the North South Shootout, looks like the weather will be no bueno. Looks like there is a chance of Millbridge having racing on Wednesday and Charlotte/Concord on most of Thursday and Friday still if the weather is clear and the track is workable (hopefully weepers aren't too bad at Concord's half mile. The quarter mile has it extremely bad).

I was planning on going to both on Saturday until some issues came up, might be a wait and see pattern anyway. I know Concord has Sunday as a rain date I believe but I think WoO Sprints has their banquet on Sunday so who knows if Saturday will have a rain date for World Finals.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:07 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looks like the rain date for any possible rainouts this weekend at Charlotte and Concord will be on Sunday (for Saturday events mainly).

drone footage of the new Dominion Raceway complex as of recently. Looks like it will be a very nice complex with the 4/10 mile oval, road course & dragstrip.

Charlotte released their INEX Winter Heat schedule, looks like they will be racing on the newly reconstructed 1/5 mile oval next month as well as the newly reconfigured road course. Can't wait for when I get to try those 2 tracks out soon again when I get back behind the wheel, unsure when that will be but planning on it being soon.

Race of Champions returning to Oswego next year after running at Chemung. The event will see the return of the a-main being 250 laps in length for the first time since the last RoC that ran at Flemington.
http://racedayct.com/2015/11/race-of-ch ... -for-2016/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RoC back at Oswego is fine and dandy as long as they do not run the Supers as a support class. I know a few of the teams don't like doing it and I know for a fact that the SuperMod fans don't like paying $50+ just to watch the Supers in a 100 lapper. Asphalt Mod and SuperMod fans are a different breed.

Nothing against the Mods, they're cool cars and can put on a great show, but they are TERRIBLE at Oswego, at least in the last 5 years or so. Always follow the leader. I sat through the 200 a few years ago where they didn't have a single pass on track in any position for over 100 laps. It is not a good track for them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:21 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

westracing01 wrote:
I sat through the 200 a few years ago where they didn't have a single pass on track in any position for over 100 laps. It is not a good track for them.

Oh god that sounds awful. Reminds me of the last races I saw at Bluegrass Speedway before it went out of business. They did an absolutely awful job of managing the dirt the last few seasons there, and it reached its peak in the last late model race I saw there. The groove was so narrow, the leaders couldn't even pass lapped traffic. Everyone got stuck in a train behind the slowest car on track and couldn't pass him for laps on end. Brutal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:36 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

There has been a sudden flood of 2016 schedules this past week. South Boston Speedway and Motor Mile Speedway released theirs today, Southside Speedway released theirs a few days ago, and Shenandoah Speedway and Dominion Raceway has had their schedules out for a couple of weeks. That's all of the tracks in Virginia with the exception of Langley Speedway and Virginia Motor Speedway (dirt). (Lonesome Pine might as well be in West Virginia and Franklin County is a joke so they don't count)

For the last 2-3 years Motor Mile Speedway has been running a short schedule usually not consisting of more than about 7 race nights per season but for 2016 they're planning on running a "full" schedule of 14 race nights. Also of note is Dominion Raceway is planning on having their Late Model division race every race night, which will be on average 3 weekends a month from April through September. I think this is going to spread an already shallow pool of Late Models even thinner. This likely wouldn't be as big of an issue if it wasn't for the fact that all of the NASCAR sanctioned tracks in Virginia race on Saturday nights. By my count there were 35 race nights scheduled for Late Model Stock Cars between Langley, South Boston, and Motor Mile last season. So far, without Langley's schedule, there's 51 races nights scheduled for Late Model Stock Cars between South Boston, Motor Mile, and Dominion. With that many races in this region, most of which overlapping with at least two other track's schedules I don't see how any of the tracks are going to have strong car counts on regular race nights. Not to mention the CARS Tour and Northern NC NASCAR sanctioned tracks Southern National Motorsports Park and East Carolina Motor Speedway racing on Saturday nights as well which are both less than a 3 hour drive from central VA. The next couple of seasons will likely be a wake up call to either work harder to share cars or find a way to make the cars cheaper to race.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It would be alot better if the tracks in the region worked with each other on schedules. Hopefully that will happen sooner or later. I think Anderson SC or Kingsport TN is the closest NASCAR sanctioned pavement tracks that runs a non Saturday night program (both on Fridays) in the region right now. I think ACE and Wake County run on Fridays as well with Late Model Stocks too (not NASCAR points though)

I think a weeknight show during the summer would work decently well in this area. It does in other areas/or with scale car classes like Legends (doesn't Thompson or Waterford run a weekly Thursday night program?).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

markmartinfan wrote:
(Lonesome Pine might as well be in West Virginia and Franklin County is a joke so they don't count)

Lonesome Pine is nowhere near the West Virginia line. Kentucky and Tennessee, yes. Motor Mile is a lot closer to the West Virginia line (roughly about 30 minutes away).

Also, the people that race Kingsport on Fridays race Lonesome Pine Saturdays as those two tracks are separated by about 50 miles and are actually run by the same ownership group.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:33 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

racer612008 wrote:
It would be alot better if the tracks in the region worked with each other on schedules. Hopefully that will happen sooner or later. I think Anderson SC or Kingsport TN is the closest NASCAR sanctioned pavement tracks that runs a non Saturday night program (both on Fridays) in the region right now. I think ACE and Wake County run on Fridays as well with Late Model Stocks too (not NASCAR points though)

I think a weeknight show during the summer would work decently well in this area. It does in other areas/or with scale car classes like Legends (doesn't Thompson or Waterford run a weekly Thursday night program?).

Thompson runs their "weekly" schedule(~8 races throughout the year) on Wednesday nights, while Waterford runs their weekly program(Bandoleros, Legends, X-Car(4 cyl hobby stock), and Super X-Car(8 cyl hobby stock) on Thursday nights.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:51 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

SecretAgentHarvick wrote:
markmartinfan wrote:
(Lonesome Pine might as well be in West Virginia and Franklin County is a joke so they don't count)

Lonesome Pine is nowhere near the West Virginia line. Kentucky and Tennessee, yes. Motor Mile is a lot closer to the West Virginia line (roughly about 30 minutes away).

Also, the people that race Kingsport on Fridays race Lonesome Pine Saturdays as those two tracks are separated by about 50 miles and are actually run by the same ownership group.

For me on the east coast of Virginia it's so far away it might as well be another state, but yeah it's closer to TN. Normally I would have looked at a map first but I was tired.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2789 posts ]  Go to page Previous 167 68 69 70 71140 Next