TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 1:49 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well, atleast its shades of the old Bristol. One dominant groove, only now its the top instead of bottom, good bit of contact fighting over that groove and non-stop action all night long. Sucks that Cup drivers won both races but it is what it is.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:04 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Reminder for euros without NASCAR coverage, the Cup race will be live on ServusTV.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I really think it's a case of "one step forward, three steps back" for Kyle.

I hate the biatch, and have since he joined Gibbs. Still, he actually did show up at Daytona with a different attitude, and it showed up on the track and in post-race interviews.

Then Darlington happened. Old Kyle was back!

Then he spent the next few races rebuilding the better rep he got at the start of the season. Media (as they tend to do) was all over that shit. He even admitted a mistake at Watkins Glen. WHOA.

Then last night happened. Old Kyle is back!!

Did he ever even leave, though? True colors sure do have a way of shining through when the pressure's on, eh Kyle?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

You know, if not for the almost deadly implications, Kyle Busch would be the kind of guy who'd swing the truck around, drive in the other direction, and collide head-on at full speed into another driver as a means of revenge.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:55 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

I think he'd be more than glad to do that, but not quite so much as Carl Edwards, methinks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:45 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Mobil1fan wrote:
DAMMIT JASON WHITE

I've been saying it for months, he needs a new crew chief. Chad Kendrick just isn't working out.
He held on to a top 2 spot for over 100 laps before running out of gas.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Here is exactly what I would do if I were running Nascar about Kyle Busch.

I would call Kyle Busch, his truck series spotter and Joe Gibbs into a meeting in the trailer.

I would then show Busch a replay of the first incident with Elliott Sadler. Then ask him and his spotter these questions:

-Did he expect Sadler to lift in the middle of a straightaway and risk getting run over from behind in order for Busch to fit into a hole that wasn't there?

-Was Busch's truck clear when Busch tried to come up into that hole?

Then I would send a very strong message to Kyle Busch. I would then inform him that he's parked for the rest of the weekend. I would then inform Joe Gibbs that he is welcome to find a driver to sub for Kyle Busch in both the Nationwide and Truck Series events. I would tell him that he needs to take more responsibility for his actions and not put other people in jeopardy when he looses his temper, whether it's justified or not. Hopefully that message will be the wake-up call that Kyle Busch needs to finally grow up as a driver.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Personally I'd just park him for the rest of the weekend, it's the only way he is going to learn, but Nascar don't have the balls to do that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:
You know, if not for the almost deadly implications, Kyle Busch would be the kind of guy who'd swing the truck around, drive in the other direction, and collide head-on at full speed into another driver as a means of revenge.

You know Jack Ingram lost the 1986 Busch Series championship by doing exactly what you described in this post? LOL.

After said incident, Ingram was suspended for the final three races of 1986 and lost the points by a slim margin to Larry Pearson I think.

edit: Holy SHIT! I found this on Youtube of the Ingram incident! Awesome!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well, the main reason I brought it up was because I used to do that alot in NASCAR '98 on the old Playstation when I was a kid. Good times. :lol:

But yeah, I remember that now, awesome.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:05 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cartman wrote:
Well, the main reason I brought it up was because I used to do that alot in NASCAR '98 on the old Playstation when I was a kid. Good times. :lol:

First NASCAR game I ever had was NASCAR 2000 for the same system and that's all I ever did. Still remember when they had the commentators in those games. BP would always say "That's not the fastest way around the track." :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:59 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

On the reason why they don't race trucks on Thursday I always figured it was for space in the infield. Parades are cool though.

As for the truck race. Storm kept screwing up the feed for me. I wish Sadler would of actually done something as opposed to nothing. Maybe he will get some revenge tomorrow night but I doubt it. NASCAR needs to park Kyle for a weekend to send a message. Worked for Harvick years ago. Maybe he will piss off Richard Petty. Petty could still beat the shit out of him I bet.

They should make it where if you don't have a drivers license you can't race. Then we wouldn't have to see Michale Anett wreck every week and Kyle would be gone for the rest of the year. Some race tracks in Indiana require you to have a valid Indiana drivers license, some don't.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
They should make it where if you don't have a drivers license you can't race.

That's how it used to be (in the UK) about 20 years ago, then Nigel Mansell got banned for speeding so the MSA changed the rules so you didn't need a road license to race - did you ever have to have a road license to race in America? or is it the same story over there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:12 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Cartman wrote:

But yeah, I remember that now, awesome.

Was it that game, or was it Andretti Racing that if you hit head on with a car going the wrong direction, you wouldn't bounce backwards violently, but go "through" the oncoming car and fly through the air (still moving forward)?? haha

As for the Ingram incident... holy shit indeed!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

From twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/31n2Spotter/statu ... 8876348417

@31n2Spotter Brett Griffin
29 gave a 18 a "friendly nudge" on pit road just before the start of practice. #nascar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:42 pm 

Harvick should have nailed him. Just trashed the rear of Busch's car, and then claimed a stuck throttle.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:45 pm 

Joe A wrote:
Harvick should have nailed him. Just trashed the rear of Busch's car, and then claimed a stuck throttle.

And then claimed ignorance about how he was actually in his BACKUP car, with the primary car still pristine and ready to go :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Racefan4ever wrote:
On the reason why they don't race trucks on Thursday I always figured it was for space in the infield. Parades are cool though.

As for the truck race. Storm kept screwing up the feed for me. I wish Sadler would of actually done something as opposed to nothing. Maybe he will get some revenge tomorrow night but I doubt it. NASCAR needs to park Kyle for a weekend to send a message. Worked for Harvick years ago. Maybe he will piss off Richard Petty. Petty could still beat the shit out of him I bet.

They should make it where if you don't have a drivers license you can't race. Then we wouldn't have to see Michale Anett wreck every week and Kyle would be gone for the rest of the year. Some race tracks in Indiana require you to have a valid Indiana drivers license, some don't.

That would fuck over half the kids in Legends cars. Plus you only have to be 14 to run a street or ministock, and 15 to run the Touring Divisions.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Earl fastest so far in final practice (before qualifying, anyway), Keselowski's 4th. The guy's just quick anywhere lately, it seems.

**edit**

One more practice before Q... oops.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Busch is on the N'Wide pole. Starting third...Elliott Sadler.

Where did that devil-smile emoticon go?? This is the perfect situation for it!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 234 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next