TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1553 554 555 556 5571060 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I have no problem with them racing whatever the hell they want, but we're not paying them millions of dollars to race in Cup either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Man, this sucks... I was refreshing my Twitter feed over and over again last night, looking for news, but reports were so varied that you couldn't really believe any of them. It was an all around crappy night of trying to get more info, and then having your heart sink as the official word breaks out. :(

He had such a diverse career, and though he never got any solid opportunities in Cup (first year, new team at JGR shouldn't really count), I think he might have been able to accomplish something with just a bit of stability with a strong team. That 01 car he drove (in '01) was one of my favourites schemes that year, so I rooted for him quite a bit that year.

God speed, Jason.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:38 pm 
Eddie Jordan

I always liked Jason.

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:
Man, this sucks... I was refreshing my Twitter feed over and over again last night, looking for news, but reports were so varied that you couldn't really believe any of them. It was an all around crappy night of trying to get more info, and then having your heart sink as the official word breaks out. :(

He had such a diverse career, and though he never got any solid opportunities in Cup (first year, new team at JGR shouldn't really count), I think he might have been able to accomplish something with just a bit of stability with a strong team. That 01 car he drove (in '01) was one of my favourites schemes that year, so I rooted for him quite a bit that year.

God speed, Jason.

I read that there were a lot of rumors and speculation flying around twitter last night. Fortunately some of the people I follow like Mike Joy and Jeff Gluck were only reporting information that was confirmed by either local media and/or law enforcement.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Jason Leffler's death caused by blunt force neck injury, according to Delaware (Pa.) County ME office.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Does that mean something hit his neck or his head resulting in a neck injury? Odd wording.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I think that's medical speak for "we think he had a partial basal skull fracture caused by blunt force trauma".

That guy on Twitter that was doing updates was without realising it describing what happens when you suffer a BSF, normally the artery is severed as well which is what causes the uncontrollable bleeding, it's also possible to rupture the artery without having a BSF.

Do these guys wear HANS devices? always wondered that (not that, that would stop a top down injury).

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I would assume Leffler was wearing one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

FHgrad99 wrote:
Andre wrote:

God speed, Jason.

I read that there were a lot of rumors and speculation flying around twitter last night. Fortunately some of the people I follow like Mike Joy and Jeff Gluck were only reporting information that was confirmed by either local media and/or law enforcement.

Yeah, it was difficult to sift through the murky information coming forward. One guy was saying "NONE OF THIS IS TRUE, he's been upgraded to critical from serious", while others were jumping to "RIP Jason Leffler" tweets. Austin Petty was one of them, who later said he got word through his own personal grapevine that he had died.

Joey and I were getting annoyed, but yeah, you had to focus on the trusted journalists' tweets, even though it's hard to do.

I'm that @Asuley person who follows you on Twitter, btw. :p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Gotten questions about if Jason Leffler was wearing a HANS. Team says it was a Simpson hybrid head and neck restraint system.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Andre wrote:

God speed, Jason.

I mentioned on Twitter that it was one of my favorite paint schemes of all time. Looked so much better than Robby's when he took Cingular to Childress.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Great looking scheme... but man those Intrepids were boring looking cars.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Perfect for turning into other makes on NR2k3 though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:41 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks like Keselowski said some things that pissed Hendrick off.

What Brad said:
Quote:
"There are little things you can do," Keselowski said of Ford-backed teams opening up lines of communication in an effort to improve performances on the track. "What keeps it from going too far is the fact that Hendrick and Gibbs have this nasty little habit of going to other teams and outbidding other people and taking those employees and stealing our information, and, when that happens, that puts walls up between the camps because you are giving up more than one piece of information — you are giving up two companies' information and trying to protect yourself against that, it forces you to put up walls.

"It doesn't necessarily lend itself to working together. But still, we are going to put in a valiant effort where we can and where it makes sense to put Ford in a position to have the best results possible."

Keselowski cited two incidents where he claimed Hendrick and Gibbs — who between them run the likes of series points leader and five-time Cup champ Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kyle Busch, Denny Hamlin and Dale Earnhardt Jr. — lured away Ford team employees with big offers.

"Gibbs stole the Roush aero director and took all the information," said Keselowski, who drives the No. 2 Miller Lite Ford Fusion. "And Hendricks took three employees from our Chase-winning team last year."

Keselowski likened it to baseball.

"There's a reason those two teams (Hendrick and Gibbs) are higher up on the boards than us — they have more money and sponsors to do so; it's almost like Major League Baseball in that sense. The Yankees and Red Sox are always going to outbid the Oakland Athletics. That's just part of the deal. So, you find yourself trying to play moneyball to beat them."

Not so good for racing? "It is terrible," said Keselowski. "But it is what it is."

Hendrick's response:
Quote:
“Roger Penske and I are great friends and have raced together for years. We’ve always competed with the utmost respect, and I have immense admiration for his organization. You won’t find anyone at Hendrick Motorsports who feels differently.

“The comments Brad reportedly made were misinformed. The truth is that we hired one tire changer, who was a backup for Penske and whose contract was up. We also brought over one mechanic from their Nationwide program and, when the Penske engine shop was closing, added a few of those people. What Brad left out was that his organization also hired one of our tire changers.

“All of this was aboveboard and is part of doing business in a competitive environment. I take no issue with any of it, and I expect Roger would say the same.

"Brad misrepresents the facts and spends a lot of time making insinuations and accusations about other teams when he should be focused on his own program and competing at a high level. I hope he figures that out and begins representing himself and the sport with more class.”

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:46 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yeah, Brad is basically complaining about stuff that seems pretty fair IMO. It's not "stealing" if you just offer a person good money for his/her services. It's just business.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I love Brad but I don't agree with his comments here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

He does seem to have devolved an over inflated opinion of err, his own opinion since winning the series.
Maybe he was like that before, or he's just trying to be more like his favourite hero, but it comes off that he's just shouting off because he thinks he has some right to.

The best kind of outspoken person is the one who knows when to keep his mouth shut, Brad doesn't seem to have grasped that concept just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:34 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

He just holds an enormous grudge against Hendrick for not giving him the #5 Cup ride for 2010 when Mark decided he wanted to see out his contract.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It almost seems like he's trying to be outspoken just for the sake of it now. He's made some good points in the past but now it just seems he's looking for stuff to complain about. (Sounds like alot of us on this board heh)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So apparently Berlin Raceway's "biggest announcement in track history" is the cast of Duck Dynasty showing up do autographs and be grand marshalls in August. Yay.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 21191 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1553 554 555 556 5571060 Next