TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 8:00 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1224 225 226 227 228302 Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
thank God it wasn't Ferrari, then it would be just like that poll to choose the car name (that Alonso chose)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Really :roll:
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 6968839169

Just make it clear what happened at Spa must not happen again & let them race.

If they have more contact & Nico is clearly to blame again then take some sort of action but even then i'd disagree with making him sit out a race. Only after a 2nd incident would maybe give Lewis full strategy choice for a race or prevent Nico from looking at Lewis' telemetry or something along those lines.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because F1 teams aren't allowed to use F1 footage :slaphead:

This is how Red Bull got around it in their video celebrating Ricciardo's first win

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's pretty cool. Although my dirty mind thought the images at around 25-30 seconds was a bit ooh-errr missus.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gaara wrote:

seriously??? 8O

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Every bit of footage is owned and licensed by FOM. Even the footage we take at GPs is actually the property of FOM.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:39 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mercedes have taken undisclosed disciplinary action against Nico but there still free to race.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115620

Nico also accepted blame for the contact & apologized then released a statement on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/nicorosberg/po ... 6499289874
Quote:
In the days since the Belgian Grand Prix in Spa, I have spent a lot of time thinking about what happened during the race and discussing it with the team.
I have already expressed my regret about the incident but, after meeting with Toto, Paddy and Lewis today, I wish to go a step further and describe it as an error of judgement on my part.
The number one rule for us as team-mates is that we must not collide but that is exactly what happened.

For that error of judgement, I apologize to Lewis and the team. I also want to say sorry to the fans who were deprived of our battle for the lead in Belgium.
Lewis and I have been given clear instructions about how we race each other.
As drivers, we have a clear responsibility to the team, the fans of the sport, our partners and Mercedes-Benz to deliver clean racing. We take that responsibility very seriously.
I look forward to concluding the season with hard, fair competition on and off track right up to the final lap of the season in Abu Dhabi.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:46 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

"I'm so sorry for Lewis and Mercedes that I've managed to make a mistake and come away from the Belgian GP with an increased lead in the title race"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:51 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:58 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
Gaara wrote:

seriously??? 8O

Yes. It's why teams have filming days for sponsors purposes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Every bit of footage is owned and licensed by FOM. Even the footage we take at GPs is actually the property of FOM.

phil1993 wrote:

That's FUBAR in it's extremest form. Without the teams and drivers there wouldn't be any footage at all.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes, but it means broadcasters pay lots of money.

And where does that money go?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

lol, yeah, that sounds so ridiculous. F1 :slaphead:

Changing subjects: I don't know if this has already been discussed, but why is Vettel being spanked by Ricciardo? Is the car better suited to Daniel? Is Vettel losing motivation and just having fun out there in the field? Is he looking away to change teams? Is he becoming too old for this shit?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

coldtyre wrote:
lol, yeah, that sounds so ridiculous. F1 :slaphead:

Changing subjects: I don't know if this has already been discussed, but why is Vettel being spanked by Ricciardo? Is the car better suited to Daniel? Is Vettel losing motivation and just having fun out there in the field? Is he looking away to change teams? Is he becoming too old for this shit?

Several reasons - Ricciardo is probably a better driver than Webber was during his latter years for a start.

Vettel really nailed a technique which involved rotating the rear of the car in a way which was alien to many drivers, especially Webber, and this year with reduced downforce the RB10 is more 'normal', so he's had to adapt his driving style, hence why we're seeing more mistakes. Plus Vettel has had to suffer from a weaker car, whereas the RB10 is probably a better car than what Ricciardo has been used to. Vettel has also had the bulk of the technical problems - bear in mind at Spa he lost a lot of FP1 running and all of FP2, so he was on the back foot in terms of set-up etc. Australia, Monaco and Austria he all had technical problems. Plus in quali in Spain. Strategy has also played a part - just the way it happens sometimes. For example in Montreal they tried to get him ahead of Hulkenberg but he ended up behind Ricciardo. Ditto with Hungary - he was ahead of Dan but missed the time to pit. Whereas in the past he had a lot go right, this year he's had a lot of little things go wrong and it adds up. Plus, perhaps the last five years of fighting for the title and being at the front has taken its mental toll on Vettel?

That's not to take away from what Ricciardo's doing, because he's doing a very good job.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:31 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

TBH I get the feeling that Vettel isn't really TOO bothered with the way Ricciardo is in the spotlights rather than him (not meant in a negative way, because he's still a competitive dude, but not sure how to put it better)

micha wrote:
kals wrote:

phil1993 wrote:

That's FUBAR in it's extremest form. Without the teams and drivers there wouldn't be any footage at all.

Not entirely sure but I think the same happens in the big football leagues? Unless the teams buy the footage (for their respective "Team X TV") they can't use anything.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Vettel is just taking a bit more time to learn how to drive fast, plus he had a fair share of mechanical retirements

next year he'll win some 10 races and clinch the 5th

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:19 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shit, the way Mercedes is carrying on anyone would have thought that Rosberg pulled a Senna on Prost in 1990. Forcing him to publicly apologise and take disciplinary action? Bloody Nora, it was a matter of 10 cm at best, and the very definition of a racing incident from Rosberg saying he wasn't going to yield the corner. They have exasperated the problem with the immediate comments after the race and looks more or less like they are trying to be shown to "do something" to the head head honcho's of Mercedes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:48 am 
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion
TBK Fantasy Football 2012/2013 champion

I'm just glad they sorted it out. They are showing that they can deal with having two drivers compete for the top spot.
We still get racing, all is well.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:11 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I hope they never sort it out and there's a huge amount of dramarama at each and ever race/qualy, hell practice session.

Pick your side and enjoy folks, F1 is rarely this good! ;)

With regards to Vettel, well, they always said the true test of a great driver was their performance when they're not in the fastest car on the grid.
Dude's still young though, hell he'll still be around in 10 years time fighting with Verstappen for championships in all likelihood ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

glorfindel wrote:
They are showing that they can deal with having two drivers compete for the top spot.

If anything they're showing the complete opposite, they have no control over their drivers (one gets to the point where he feels he has to wreck his team-mate to prove a point, and the other goes running to the press broadcasting the teams debriefing before the washing up has even been done) and in the case of Toto, he also opens his mouth before engaging his brain far too often for someone supposed to be in a managerial role.

Then the team starts running Twitter polls asking what to do, are they out of their tiny little minds or just taking the piss?

But yeah, keep it up, it's far more entertaining than other reality tv shows :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1224 225 226 227 228302 Next