TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:19 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36302 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:20 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Looks a lot better with the black added.

I lolled at this at taki's site its to obvious.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Антон wrote:
They need to return to the Formula 1 :D

Not Necessary F1 is Fucked by the looks of these thing.. Thank God for series like FIA GTs and BTCC..

Single seater open wheel series are dead to me now.

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:44 pm 
Sub Forum Moderator
Sub Forum Moderator

phil1993 wrote:
I like
[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkMh_PCfWTo&feature=youtu.be[/youtubeidiot]

I really hope that "#W05Sup" is meant to read "wassup".

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:14 pm 
The most anticipated member

As there's no other solution or perspective for better looking noses, at least not in a short term, all I can say we'll get used to it guys....how many weird cars we have seen through all of these years? Hundreds of them....and we're still watching F1 and consuming F1 afterall...

When I first saw Jordan EJ11 in 2001, man, I though that was outrageous...however we ended getting accustomed to that view and the car today doesn't seem that bad. What about Williams FW26? My gooooooooodness, FW26 was a scandal at that time...today the Batmobile is really interesting. What about the platypus noses? Jeeeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ, that was absolutely shocking, however, what happened guys? Everyone still watched F1, loved F1, talked about F1 and celebrated F1...

If they asked my opinion, gonna be very honest, with the exception of danger factor, I would never change the 1994 technical regulations, it would be 1994 regulations for eternity...because cars were somewhat good looking. As this is not possible, F1 changes every year, you have crazy ideas from these engineering guys who all spend their times designing solutions rather than chasing girls (joke), what can you expect? That's F1 buddies....I'm in this long story of being F1 fan for quite some time, I'm into this "business" since early 90's, I have seen of all....

We even accepted IndyCar's new Dallara chassis, didn't we? Yeah we did.....What I would never ever accept in my life is DeltaWing and I still don't accept it, but with the exception of that apocalyptic monstrosity...everything else is fine.

McLaren and Lotus look fine!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:16 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Ferrari?

Edit
Nevermind, seems to be a months-old design by an Italian magazine.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I like the Lotus. Yes, it is horribly hideous. But at least it doesn't look like every other car out there.

Red Bull's car will hopefully look aesthetically pleasing...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:08 am 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

The good thing with these fucking appalling nose designs is that they go hand in hand with the appalling new engine sounds. It would have been quite annoying to have great sounding cars with awful engine sounds, but at least here we get the full package of shittyness. Combined with the shit racing that we will most likely get and the pending double point races fiasco, this season might finally be the one where people realise that F1 is not the pinnacle of motorsports anymore. I'm actually looking forward to this.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:12 am 
Aeroplane Bloke
Aeroplane Bloke

F1 2014, a cavalcade of shit already.

But we will all be watching come Melbourne.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:24 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I do hope common sense will prevail, like in 2012 when the stepped noses got out of hand, they eventually mandated some rules about the vanity panel and the crisis was over.

This years cars aren't going to win any beauty awards (which is a shame because if it wasn't for the nose I'd say the Mclaren is a good looking beast) but hopefully the blight of the current regs are only temporary.

iks wrote:
Red Bull's car will hopefully look aesthetically pleasing...

The one team that's dedicated to aerodynamic superiority and maximising efficiency over anything else?
The team that didn't bother with a vanity panel in 2013?

I expect their's to be one of the most extreme solutions tbh, which will be more annoying when it's still dominating every lap.

P.S I didn't see it reported here but apparently they want to ban tyre warmers for 2015?
YES PLEASE!
That'd change the racing completely and make the starts and pitstops even more exciting. Not just the 1st couple of corners after a pitstop will a driver be vunerable to a warmed up tyred car behind, it could well be the whole rest of the lap and maybe more.
The ability to be fast and safe on cold tyres would really sort the men from the boys.
I'm sure it'll be shot down on needless safety grounds but damn, I can dream for the moment ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:38 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Amazing how many people get upset about how the cars look and sound, f1 has always had strange looking cars, most of last years high nosed cars looked terrible imo. The V8 did not sound great if you compared it to the v12 or v10.The double points rule sucks and im sure it will go eventually.
F1 is all about change and that is what makes it interesting to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:49 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Which ever morons that framed the rules in such a way that we get these hideous dick front wings, needs to be taken out the back and given a good reaming by said wings!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:59 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

scarsurfing wrote:
Amazing how many people get upset about how the cars look and sound, f1 has always had strange looking cars, most of last years high nosed cars looked terrible imo. The V8 did not sound great if you compared it to the v12 or v10.The double points rule sucks and im sure it will go eventually.
F1 is all about change and that is what makes it interesting to me.

I do believe, as the boss of Caterham said in the week, I believe, that F1 markets itself as an exoctic brand, an elitist series that we, the proles that prop it up through our hard earned money week on week, should feel fortunate that such an illustrious series graces our countries once a year.

But you can't market yourself as an elite, top of the pyramid series if you turn up and race garbage trucks. Looks are a part of the deal, the cars have to look good as much as they have to push the limits of speed and technology, etc.

In this case though it really doesn't matter what we think.
F1 has hooked us, we're lifelong fans and we'll still be bitching and moaning about the good old days (which, ironically, are probably still to come :p ) when we're into our 80s if we're lucky enough to live that long.

However the casual fans are the meat and drink of the TV and sponsorship revenue and they too will put up with a lot less than us, the addicts desperately waiting for our next dose, do.
If they start thinking the cars are ugly or laughable, the whole reputation of the sport could be in question.

That said, it's a bit of a storm in a teacup in a minute. We'll probably have 1 season of ugly noses then they'll write some rules cleaning it up for next season and bam, all over.

At least, I hope ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:00 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Better?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:06 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

webbsy wrote:
Which ever morons that framed the rules in such a way that we get these hideous dick front wings, needs to be taken out the back and given a good reaming by said wings!

Yeah seems like a mistake maybe they will correct it for next year like the stepped nose.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:17 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Could be worse.Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:43 am 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Might as well make the most of the variety before everyone else just copies whatever design Red Bull comes up with for 2015

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:52 am 

Talladega wrote:
The good thing with these fucking appalling nose designs is that they go hand in hand with the appalling new engine sounds. It would have been quite annoying to have great sounding cars with awful engine sounds, but at least here we get the full package of shittyness. Combined with the shit racing that we will most likely get and the pending double point races fiasco, this season might finally be the one where people realise that F1 is not the pinnacle of motorsports anymore. I'm actually looking forward to this.

THIS!!!

I must say, though, that Mclaren's livery is GREAT, even better than their usual beautiful liveries. I'm a chrome/silver lover and when you hide/camouflage the pillars with black, as on Taki's photoshop Marcel posted, then it's quite a pretty car.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Maybe next year Honda will want green for their fake eco advertising.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StanV wrote:
I'm liking what I'm hearing.

Same, they sound almost identical to the old cars.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:18 am 

The sound on the Caterham video is pathetic, imho

just to bring another view on it ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6033 posts ]  Go to page Previous 132 33 34 35 36302 Next