TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 620 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:18 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I didn't even planned to wake up and watch quali,seems like I made a great decision.
F1 since around Silverstone,and Redbullls big update+Pirelli tyres is really horrible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:42 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I missed Q1/2. Q3 was a let down with nobody challenging Vettel. Expected the Mercedes to have more, and Vettel abandoned a lap at the end too.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:01 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Location: let them make on all nascar tracks roofs,there u go, make roof like on a house and they can race
DinoMarko93 wrote:
I didn't even planned to wake up and watch quali,seems like I made a great decision.
F1 since around Silverstone,and Redbullls big update+Pirelli tyres is really horrible.

I made the same Decision.Thank god

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:26 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Alonso has complained about the tyres, leading Hembery to comment:
"I can only suggest he goes to ask the soon-to-be four-times champion how to get the best from the same tyres."

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:17 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I'm not really in favour of forcing the drivers to be nice, but if F1 is to continue to improve then the drivers should be banned from complaining about the tyres. They are not lasting long by design. That's actually brilliant by Pirelli, not bad. If the teams hadn't fucked around at Silverstone (and before) and ignored Pirellis recommendations then we'd still have the fun, better tyres too.

Everything to do with F1 being boring is tyre related right now, and that's caused by the teams, not Pirelli. If we're going to keep a control tyre that creates fun racing then everyone needs to grow up and stop criticizing them, or if they can't do that, have FOM/FIA ban it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:20 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That's why F1 is always in the state it's in, endless moaning from the teams. Complain about costs then complain about cost cutting.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:05 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Was interesting seeing Alonso and Hamiltons interviews regarding Vettels "traction control". Lewis basically outright said Vettel had traction control, which was a bit..childish to be honest. Alonso said it isn't TC, it's just an aggressive throttle and torque map, which all of the Renault cars have. Ferrari have a similar system but it isn't as good, and it is their responsibility to improve it, not Red Bulls to slow down. A very grown up and impressive interview from Alonso actually, since he was basically being baited into slagging off Vettel and didn't take the bait. It's a very different mindset Alonso has this weekend. It'd be silly to suggest that the teams don't know about these systems and Mr Minardi broke the news. The teams research everybody in the pit lane extensively. Remember when Ferrari and Bridgestone were measuring the width of the Michelin tyres under load to prove they were too wide? The reason the teams had partitions up and block the views as much as possible is because the teams hire photographers to get as much information as possible. Are we really suggesting that the teams didn't know about this, and Giancarlo was the first to notice? Kinda insulting to the other teams.

Anyway, apparently this is all based off of Mr Minardis claims. He does press releases every race to try and stay relevant. Apparently they're a bit mad and silly to read and are otherwise ignored because of how stupid they are. The difference here is he mentioned RBR potentially cheating, which a lot of people are hoping for. His claims are obviously rubbish because the mention of 50m early acceleration would mean Vettels accelerating before the corner, which is obviously impossible.

Brundle said it was kind of depressing really. Got drivers doing fantastic things like that and the first thing people do is shout cheat and boo them. Look back at the Schumacher days, and whilst there were a lot of cheating accusations they often had proper evidence behind them (1994 for example). But a good one to look at was Monaco 1997, where Schumacher was 4-7 seconds a lap faster than *everybody* in the opening laps, and nobody accused him of cheating - we just admired how fucking incredible that was.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

ellis wrote:
I'm not really in favour of forcing the drivers to be nice, but if F1 is to continue to improve then the drivers should be banned from complaining about the tyres. They are not lasting long by design. That's actually brilliant by Pirelli, not bad. If the teams hadn't fucked around at Silverstone (and before) and ignored Pirellis recommendations then we'd still have the fun, better tyres too.

Everything to do with F1 being boring is tyre related right now, and that's caused by the teams, not Pirelli. If we're going to keep a control tyre that creates fun racing then everyone needs to grow up and stop criticizing them, or if they can't do that, have FOM/FIA ban it.

i tought it was brilliant in the beginning but actually im kinda annoyed by that. My point his: we've got the fastest driver in the world sitting on the fastest cars in the world and instead of letting them go as fast as they can we put on a competition on who is more gentle on the tyres, no matter if that means he need to go slower. Let them go as fast as they can and win the best. Modern f1 has way too many gimmicks. Kers, Drs, tires, locked engines....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:20 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

cambridge wrote:
ellis wrote:

i tought it was brilliant in the beginning but actually im kinda annoyed by that. My point his: we've got the fastest driver in the world sitting on the fastest cars in the world and instead of letting them go as fast as they can we put on a competition on who is more gentle on the tyres, no matter if that means he need to go slower. Let them go as fast as they can and win the best. Modern f1 has way too many gimmicks. Kers, Drs, tires, locked engines....

Well the old tyres were fine because you had to push anyway and you gained enough time that you could use the extra stop. And then later it became a competition on who could drive slowly. I totally agree with you that that situation sucked, but there is a fine line and when Pirelli had the right tyres it was amazing, but the teams complained.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Don't think I'll be watching any of this live. Judging by the comments so far I'll sleep in, have low expectations and then watch the race when I get up Sunday morning.

This has become largely irrelevant now as my TV has made it's own mind up not to allow me to watch the race, live or otherwise. Or any other programming for that matter. Need a new inverter board pronto.

I've seen the quali results, did anything good happen? I see both Saubers made it into the top 10.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:25 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

cambridge wrote:
ellis wrote:

Purism is fine as a concept, but do realise it would mean the death of the sport with no-one watching...

There aren't enough purists in the world who'd watch to make the sport financially viable, basically.

So for better or worse, the sport HAS to entertain people on their Sunday afternoon, or they'll look elsewhere.

Quite right too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:39 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

looks like no chance of rain tomorrow. However, hoping for a good race tomorrow. Certainly the possibilities should be there to get ahead of Vettel, not only into turn 1, but all the way up to turn 6.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:00 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

You know, the race needs more than Vettel not winning to be good.

If Rosberg had got ahead of Vettel at turn 1 but everything else about Singapore remained exactly the same, I'd still be moaning about a shitty race and I would hope the fans would too....

3 races in a row now have been shitty apart from a few overtakes in the last 10 laps. Doesn't matter who wins if there's no passing, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Very well said Paul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:41 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

no rain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fabs wrote:
no rain

don't do that to us :x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:17 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
no rain

You need some new material. May I suggest the following...

Spoiler:
Fabs wrote:
rain

:thumbsup:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:13 pm 

I'm simply reading weather forecasts and they say no rain by race time.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Oh. I thought you were an oracle. My bad!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

[youtubeidiot]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJWZx7pSnqw[/youtubeidiot]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 620 Next