TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 743 Next

Will we see a 7th different winner in 7 races ?
Poll ended at Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:41 am
Yes 53%  53%  [ 38 ]
No 47%  47%  [ 34 ]
Total votes: 72
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:15 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Hm, my guts say Raikkonen or Grosjean. You guys know better who's quick in which kind of weather and stuff but Lotus has been quick all season and this is Montreal. I think all might come together for them this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:39 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Two drivers who really NEED to put in a performance this weekend are Schumacher and Hamilton.

Schumacher will be keen to show Monaco pole was no fluke and Hamilton just wants some result to make some sense out of his mess of a season so far....

Outside bet on Raikkonen dragging a performance out of the Lotus too

(And, yes, blatantly picking drivers who haven't won yet in a desperate hope to keep the streak alive, after all that it'll probably be Vettel though :p )

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
Two drivers who really NEED to put in a performance this weekend are Schumacher and Hamilton.

Schumacher will be keen to show Monaco pole was no fluke and Hamilton just wants some result to make some sense out of his mess of a season so far....

:?

Hamilton hasn't had a mess of a season so far, McLaren has. Get your facts right.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:00 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

:?

Hamilton hasn't had a mess of a season so far, McLaren has. Get your facts right.

There are no facts its called opinions...

Yeah Mclaren haven't been doing great, Lewis hasn't been reacting to that too well either imo, preferring to go insular and introverted than digging down and pulling out a great performance, etc.

I think he badly needs the team to perform soon otherwise he'll walk....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The facts are that Lewis has driven very well so far this season and been sensible, his poorest race being Monaco where he let Alonso and Vettel jump him due to using his tyres up too quickly.

The facts are also that McLaren have hampered Jenson and Lewis on a continuous basis this season, with Lewis facing the brunt of misfortune.

The facts are that despite these issues his demeanour has been anything but introverted. He hasn't been faux-happy but has stood by the team and not shown a sliver of negativity toward them.

I don't get how you think his season has been a mess. Opinion or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
Juihi wrote:
stay up to 2:00am on a monday morning then I want to be entertained

You've got it easy! Canada goes from 4am til 6am in eastern seaboard Australia :flag:

(We have a public holiday Monday though)

2:00am is for all the European and Middle Eastern races which make up the majority, none of this finishing at middnight stuff for us :p , Canada is 6am to I'm guessing around 8am.... then I have to go work

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:20 am 

Only the American races are at a bad time for me(around 2 am). Most are around 8pm-10pm.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

kals wrote:
The facts are that Lewis has driven very well so far this season and been sensible, his poorest race being Monaco where he let Alonso and Vettel jump him due to using his tyres up too quickly.

The facts are also that McLaren have hampered Jenson and Lewis on a continuous basis this season, with Lewis facing the brunt of misfortune.

The facts are that despite these issues his demeanour has been anything but introverted. He hasn't been faux-happy but has stood by the team and not shown a sliver of negativity toward them.

I don't get how you think his season has been a mess. Opinion or not.

Great post. Lewis & Fernando have been excellent this season. Lewis is only 13 points away from leading the championship, despite poor clutch settings in Australia, losing a place under the SC in Australia, having a poor stop in Malaysia & several in Bahrain, the grid penalty in China and the qualifying exclusion in Spain. In a parallel universe, Lewis has won 3 or 4 of this season's races.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:06 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Seriously loving this public holiday thing, that being said 4am wouldn't even be that big a deal if it wasn't a holiday. Could sleep from 10pm, get 6 hours sleep then the race would finish in time for work! Anyway looking forward to a good one.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:15 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

a nice poll question would be: "will there be a 7th different gp winner for the 7th Grand Prix of the season?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Cool thing is it's entirely possible as well! still got Kimi, Romain, Lewis and Michael who are all easily capable of winning

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:49 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

We might see an upset as well, Maldonado won when no one expected him prior to he race. Perez was guaranteed to overtake Alonso for the win with his late race pace, but made a positioning + braking mistake when pushing too hard.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:10 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's the Canadian Grand Prix, which means that JV comes out of hiding for a little rant
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/ju ... sfeed=true

He does raise a few interesting points though

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Some choice words from Jacques 'Do that again and I'll put you in a tree' Villeneuve.

In the meantime, a Scottish person on narcotics;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18270959

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:27 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Also, JPM's comeback of 'Yeah, bet you got some experience with that. You already killed someone this season' was extraordinarily callous.

----
It will happen one day, but F1 needs the right woman. De Villota is not that, neither is Wolff. If they come to F1, they will set the process back another ten years rather than advance it. I know DTM isn't the best indicator of F1 talent, considering that Wolff does spend most of her weekend battling with 13 time F1 race winner David Coulthard, but nothing suggests she could cut it in F1.

Look at Danica in IndyCars, she came along and although she only took one win, she wasn't embarrassing at all. I'm sure she helped pave the way for Ana Beatriz and Simona de Silvestro.

There will be a talented woman at some point; the best I can see now is Alice Powell, but I don't think she'd be good enough for F1. The other two women in GP3 are unlikely to progress up the ladder further.

I wrote this back in March and little has changed, except that Wolff has joined De Villota.
http://www.f1zone.net/news/formula-one- ... man/12833/

---

Oh, and before I clicked on the link I naturally assumed it'd be Jackie Stewart saying something ridiculous, again. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:46 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

phil1993 wrote:
If they come to F1, they will set the process back another ten years rather than advance it.

this is one really good point. I've never thought so far, but you are right :thumbsup:

For the GP, it is very difficult to give prediction. The Lotus have been good on the straights I believe, but somehow they ruin their weekend by something unusual. If it rains usually Alonso is there. But still, Ferrari has not the best car so it will be difficult for them in normal conditions.
I really can't give any prediction :lol: I hope for Hamilton to keep the championship up there even more exciting :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:05 am 

codename_47 wrote:

Making a pole have nothing to do with "luck". Nobody "flukes" into the fastest time. To do the fastest time, you need a car for it and, specially around Monaco, enough skills to do so.

A driver can fluke into a win or a good result but there is 0% luck involved when you are faster than all the other 23 competitors.

And Schumacher have been putting in good performances all year, exception to his crash into Bruno. MercedesAMGF1 team that needs to give him a car that can actually last for a whole race.
phil1993 wrote:
Great post. Lewis & Fernando have been excellent this season. Lewis is only 13 points away from leading the championship, despite poor clutch settings in Australia, losing a place under the SC in Australia, having a poor stop in Malaysia & several in Bahrain, the grid penalty in China and the qualifying exclusion in Spain. In a parallel universe, Lewis has won 3 or 4 of this season's races.

Because of the quali problem, we don't know if Lewis would have walked that race or not, but I think everybody would agree that it's fair to say Lewis was "robbed" a win there. Aside from that, I don't remember any other race where Lewis had more pace than the winner, with or without Mclaren's mistakes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:22 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't know if he was robbed of a win, but it's the loss of points. Probably 10 in Bahrain and maybe another 10 or 15 in Spain. In a season as close as this one, it could make a huge difference come Brazil.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Im sure these points could miss in the end...

In 2010 only those 18 pts where enough to make him WDC if his tyre didnt explode in Barcelona...
But that is just all if, why, when speculations from the past so we must leave it, it is how it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 am 

well :oops:

2007 - champion if it wouldn't be for his exploded tyre in Istanbul
2009 - champion if McLaren would have built him a better car
2010 - champion if he didn't have that tyre burst in Barcelona
2011 - would not be a deserving champion

interestingly, I still feel that Hamilton drove best in his first year in F1.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 848 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 743 Next