TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 666 Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:54 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
Astonishing. They replace an experienced driver, who has more points than his teammate, with an unexperienced and (likely) less talented one.

But richer!

And if Renault is in as much shit financially as has been supposed (because that snake-oil merchant from "Lotus" has contributed slightly more than sod-all), then the money comes first.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Just worked out, I think there's only gravel left at Malmedy and Stavelot :(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Think you're right. Maybe the exit of the chicane before Stavelot?

I've said before that I don't have a huge issue with it at Eau Rouge and Blanchimont. Les Combes and Rivage is just ridiculous though. And Pouhon has always looked awful since.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Today a Toro Rosso truck was involved in a car accident on the A4 near my hometown Düren.
Luckily, nobody was seriously injured...

photo from xpb.cc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Think you're right. Maybe the exit of the chicane before Stavelot?

I've said before that I don't have a huge issue with it at Eau Rouge and Blanchimont. Les Combes and Rivage is just ridiculous though. And Pouhon has always looked awful since.

But Eau Rouge isn't the same as it was before 2002. Its really straight now. Pouhon is the hardest challenge, but more run-off. Especially now the cars are so reliable, you need more gravel! :p

Self pluggling
http://www.f1zone.net/news/belgian-grand-prixview/8349/

Also, here's Custard has a modified helmet for this weekend

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:58 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Maybe the exit of the chicane before Stavelot?

Yep, Pif Paf, or Fagnes as it's officially called. Although I believe it won't take long before that's going to be paved as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:08 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Rain probability updated based on srs sources.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:54 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
Astonishing. They replace an experienced driver, who has more points than his teammate, with an unexperienced and (likely) less talented one.

Bruno has a full season under his belt, although in the shittiest car, atleast he knows all the tracks, and I think he is more talented if im honest. But we will see. He brings more money to the team I assume and Nick hasn't lived up to expectations unfortunately.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:06 am 

Scotty wrote:

I don't rate Senna either (just a name tbb), but he might do OK. If Petrov gets beaten by him consider it curtains for his career.

Yeah sure he's bad...Coming second in British F3 and GP2 with almost zero karting experience,yes it's only the Senna same... :flag:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:42 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Small bit of new tarmac
http://twitpic.com/6ayvg4

Rivage exit
http://twitpic.com/6ayw81

Christ, tomorrow might be a wash-out
SPA F1: Fri conditions remain a concern; UKMO, EC & other models indicative of 50-75mm rain possible during day. Sat: Showers at times; 10mm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

the kerbs look :yuk:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:59 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I've warmed to them now, looks good.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm 

Scotty wrote:
FlyingJohn wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I don't rate Senna either (just a name tbb), but he might do OK. If Petrov gets beaten by him consider it curtains for his career.

Yeah sure he's bad...Coming second in British F3 and GP2 with almost zero karting experience,yes it's only the Senna same... :flag:

Senna should have smashed Yamamoto and Chandhok last year, but didn't.

HRT's Chanhok/Yamamoto's car was always going to be the better car thats what has been said.Alguersuari didn't do GP2 but raced World Series by Renault and didn't really became a superstar there(Coming 6th in the championschip). As for Maldonado -> the guy did 4 years of GP2 need to say more ? Not saying he is Vettel/Di Resta potential but he can become a decent/good driver. But I get youre point :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 pm 

No rain on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Latest weather update

Quote:
While the predicted trajectory of this low has remained constant, its evolution and speed of movement has slowed a little, thanks to warmer air from the south, meaning a somewhat improved forecast for Friday's sessions. Practice day is expected to dawn dry, but cloud will very quickly build up from the west throughout the morning. The first session is now likely to remain dry, as the rain will still be on its way from central France, but there is a chance of it arriving before the end of the second session. Temperaturres will get up to 23 degrees in the afternoon before the deluge arrives.

Heavy rain is expected after both sessions have been completed and this will last into the evening and continue overnight.

Saturday will dawn wet, but within a few hours the rain risk should reduce. Final practice is likely to start out wet but the main band of rain will clear to the east as the morning develops. It will remain mostly cloudy into the qualifying session and there is a chance of some sprinkles - just like last year - during the knockout session. Temperatures will become much cooler, reaching just 17 Celsius.

Further rain is expected on Saturday evening and this, allied to a low of just eight Celsius, will result in a miserable evening to be out and about.

Race day is expected to produce a slight improvement in conditions. It will start mostly cloudy but there could be some sunny intervals during the support events. These conditions are likely to continue into the afternoon, but as ever in the Ardennes there will be a stream of cloud coming in from the north-west, meaning the threat of rain during the race is never too far away.

Probably be wrong but meh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rain would be cool but it's nice just to have F1 back in less than 24 hours. :thumbsup:

Shame I won't be here on Sunday to watch it... So you guys can thank me when it's awesome. :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:12 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Press conference
http://www.f1zone.net/news/thursday-fia ... ence/8393/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Dissapointed for Heidfeld, he has been made the scapegoat for Renault being absolutely useless with development this season. They started with the 4th best car and are now well behind Mercedes, Force India and no better than Sauber and Toro Rosso.

I don't rate Senna but he brings $$$$ and the rose tinted so and so can get a hard on for that helmet, in a car with that livery again, but given their money issues Petrov might as well get his name etched in for 2012 and 2013 since no one will be replacing him, but meh either Kubica will be back for 2012 or if they have sense Grosjean will be in alongside Petrov.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unfortunately most peoples expectations for Renault this season were based upon the first test.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 pm 
"club baby seals", sounds like some delicious sandwich

phil1993 wrote:
Latest weather update

Quote:
While the predicted trajectory of this low has remained constant, its evolution and speed of movement has slowed a little, thanks to warmer air from the south, meaning a somewhat improved forecast for Friday's sessions. Practice day is expected to dawn dry, but cloud will very quickly build up from the west throughout the morning. The first session is now likely to remain dry, as the rain will still be on its way from central France, but there is a chance of it arriving before the end of the second session. Temperaturres will get up to 23 degrees in the afternoon before the deluge arrives.

Heavy rain is expected after both sessions have been completed and this will last into the evening and continue overnight.

Saturday will dawn wet, but within a few hours the rain risk should reduce. Final practice is likely to start out wet but the main band of rain will clear to the east as the morning develops. It will remain mostly cloudy into the qualifying session and there is a chance of some sprinkles - just like last year - during the knockout session. Temperatures will become much cooler, reaching just 17 Celsius.

Further rain is expected on Saturday evening and this, allied to a low of just eight Celsius, will result in a miserable evening to be out and about.

Race day is expected to produce a slight improvement in conditions. It will start mostly cloudy but there could be some sunny intervals during the support events. These conditions are likely to continue into the afternoon, but as ever in the Ardennes there will be a stream of cloud coming in from the north-west, meaning the threat of rain during the race is never too far away.

Probably be wrong but meh

Storm forecasters have been giving "code red" for tomorrow in the whole southern end of Belgium, which means...well, last week I sort of survived a code red in a tent but others sadly didn't. Could get ugly tomorrow, hopefully not.

Last edited by StanV on Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 666 Next