TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 6466 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:26 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

RB do have to be favourites. Won't be easy because McLaren will certainly be very strong, Ferrari will be right up there and we've seen the Mercedes straightline speed today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Monza isn't just straight line speed though, you've got the Lesmos, Ascari and the chicanes to deal with.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If Merc get ahead of any of them they'll be hard to pass, at least depending on where the DRS activation is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:31 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
Yes, but its so frustrating to watch, because as we saw today Rosberg can really drive, yet hasn't got the car.

Brundle says its 50-50 between Kobayashi/Hamilton. I agree with what he says: Lewis was too casual and failed to notice Kobayashi, but Kobayashi was taking a fight to him that he was never going to win.

Don't know how you can deduce from today that Rosberg is that good when his team mate, who started last, finished ahead of him and he(Nico)had no technical problem, whatsoever. :o

Martin is a fantastic commentator but sometimes he just doesn't get it. Blaming Koba for "being there" is rubbish.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:32 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Regiotap wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Schumacher had help from accidents and the what not, Button had to come back from a broken wing.

Button had help from SC. So equal.

It's not like Micheal didn't get any benefit from the SC either...

Without it I doubt either driver would have finished as high up as they did.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Schumacher. He really drove a good race. Might be in a good position at Monza if his car is this good on low downforce tracks.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
phil1993 wrote:
Yes, but its so frustrating to watch, because as we saw today Rosberg can really drive, yet hasn't got the car.

Brundle says its 50-50 between Kobayashi/Hamilton. I agree with what he says: Lewis was too casual and failed to notice Kobayashi, but Kobayashi was taking a fight to him that he was never going to win.

Don't know how you can deduce from today that Rosberg is that good when his team mate, who started last, finished ahead of him and he(Nico)had no technical problem, whatsoever. :o

Because Nico has beaten Schumacher quite comprehensively in 2010 and has been ahead a lot in 2011. Schumi did a good drive today, but we've never seen Schumacher at the front in the Mercedes like Rosberg was today and in China.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:39 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

Because Nico has beaten Schumacher quite comprehensively in 2010 and has been ahead a lot in 2011. Schumi did a good drive today, but we've never seen Schumacher at the front in the Mercedes like Rosberg was today and in China.

You wrote "as we saw today Rosberg can really drive, yet hasn't got the car". Today we only saw he been beaten fair and square by his team mate who was unfortunate to start last. Nico was in front merely because of a good start and then he kept there a while because it's very hard to overtake the Mercedes. Absolutely nothing special from Nico today. And Even in China, he was in first place at some moments but that was more down to different strategies, he would never fight for the win really.

All in all, if you ask me, the 2 best drives from a Mercedes driver this year were both from Schumacher, in Canada and today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:44 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
You wrote "as we saw today Rosberg can really drive, yet hasn't got the car". Today we only saw he been beaten fair and square by his team mate who was unfortunate to start last. Nico was in front merely because of a good start and then he kept there a while because it's very hard to overtake the Mercedes. Absolutely nothing special from Nico today. And Even in China, he was in first place at some moments but that was more down to different strategies, he would never fight for the win really.

All in all, if you ask me, the 2 best drives from a Mercedes driver this year were both from Schumacher, in Canada and today.

Yes, they were impressive drivers by Michael, but I rate Rosberg highly. Everyone fawned over Kubica last season when Nico got just as many podiums and even more points.

At the start, he got Vettel and kept him behind well, then did the same against a few other drivers despite the W02 being shit. How can you say it was nothing special? Sure, in the end he got beaten by Schumacher, but would you use that same reasoning with Webber today?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:53 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Button

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:56 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

McLaren screwed up today. "Button could have won", says Withmarsh. "Hamilton could have won", says Withmarsh. All the experts agreed that this wan't a Red Bull circuit and McLaren would be the car to beat.
And look there, a Red Bull 1-2 :p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:56 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

A 7

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I just love these kind of comments from Lewis. “I was in a good position and I’d already got past one of the Ferraris, but then I was hit by Kamui (Kobayashi). I don’t really know what happened, but I
hit the wall pretty hard and my race was immediately over. I was ahead, so I don’t know why I got hit."

Last edited by Karan on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The story "McLaren could have won" is for so many races this year. They (both team and their drivers) have made so much mistakes this year. The advantage Vettel got in the championship, is not the advantage Vettel got in the race. Ofcourse the RedBull is a good car, en also very reliable. But the McLaren have a better racepace in many races this year. But Vettel still finish on top almost every race. There are still discussions if Vettel is the best driver on the grid, but I think he is.

Last edited by Regiotap on Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

We have maybe the pass of the year (Webber at Alonso in Eau Rouge :8: ), cool other passes (Hamilton and Schumacher's charge, Alonso passed by Button), a cool winner, but i was disappointed all those run-offs killing why Spa is a challenging track, and some stupid wrecks (Lewis, Bruno, you idiots) and a too easier title victory for Vettel make me feels like watching a cool race at Barcelona or Hockenheim, but not really a cool Spa-Francorchamps race. Then, an average Belgian GP is better than an average Hungaroring or Valencia race.

I give a 7 for this race, but no more.

Motorsport Lover since 1988
First TBK member to post it with a wiimote

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:03 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
Yes, they were impressive drivers by Michael, but I rate Rosberg highly. Everyone fawned over Kubica last season when Nico got just as many podiums and even more points.

At the start, he got Vettel and kept him behind well, then did the same against a few other drivers despite the W02 being shit. How can you say it was nothing special? Sure, in the end he got beaten by Schumacher, but would you use that same reasoning with Webber today?

Mark was unlucky(?) with his start but made up for it. Nico could defend quite well because Mercedes have a high top speed. Remember Silverstone where Perez stayed the whole race held by Nico?

I'm not saying Nico isn't a world champ driver but, I would like to see Rosberg alongside with Kubica, Hamilton, Alonso or Vettel as a team mate. This old Schumi is quite an unkown parameter to evaluate Nico.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vettel still would be almost 100 points ahead without the McLaren mistakes, most of his wins he about lead from start to finish. McLaren screwing up behind him would not have had much influence. But both of the drivers should have been ahead of Webber in the points standings.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Yes, that is of course a problem. Rosberg's only real barometer was against Webber. But that was in 2006, when Nico was a rookie and judging someone in a rookie season is always hard, especially with another five years experience. He beat Nakajima, who was crap and was pretty good against Wurz, who had been out of full time F1 for the best part of 6 years.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:51 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

phil1993 wrote:
Up to the SC was 11/10, then on it was 8 or 9.

This.

I gave it ten anyways. This race had everything. Only last two or three laps didn't give us much, but after SC much was on shoulders of Schumacher and Button when they fought their way up in the score table.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:06 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Lewis Hamilton wrote:
After watching the replay, I realize it was my fault today 100%. I didn't give Kobayashi enough room though I thought in was past.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1318 posts ]  Go to page Previous 160 61 62 63 6466 Next