TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:07 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2702 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1131 132 133 134 135 136 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd be surprised to see Vettel beat Webber next season but it will be very close. Toro Rosso is the better package at the moment.

Webber has been one of the best drivers this season, not sure why so many people think he's overrated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Webber has been one of the best drivers this season, not sure why so many people think he's overrated.

Yes, he has destroyed DC this season. Maybe having Vettel in the same team will even boost his motivation. I can see Red Bull near the front next year with that pair of drivers and the possibility of switching to the Ferrari engine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Destroying DC means utterly nothing as everyone else would does the same
Webbo is solid driver but certain fans exaggerate his abilities thus people says he is overrated.
Had chance at Silverstone to prove people wrong but failed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:32 pm 
As Mark Hughes confirmed in his article on Mark a couple of months ago, he actually had a minor issue at Silverstone which caused his spin on lap 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:40 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ryan86 wrote:
It was mentioned that this race had this sesaons 3 first time winners on the podium. The same ocurred on the 2003 Brazil GP podium, though of course only one person had actually won a GP at that point. :p

And Alonso wasn't actually there on the podium. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:59 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

so it helped a lot to get it right at that moment :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:50 pm 
Eddie Jordan

10 from me.

P.S. Personally think Valencia and Spa should be included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Speedworx wrote:

P.S. Personally think Valencia and Spa should be included.

Valencia voting was divided between old and new forum so that makes it more difficult to handle. Spa is not yet there because voting time has not expired I think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:45 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I personally put it 9. 8 for the race and 1 for surprise winner which this time was on merit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
Joey wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I voted for a 8.

It was okay although there was a few incidents and some good racing (aided by the wet track)

A real pleasure to see Vettel becoming a GP winner but I think 8 is fair.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:26 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Webber had his best chance yet taken away by two kids arsing about last year, though wasn't it a Monaco 84 situation. 3rd catching 2nd catching 1st.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:42 pm 

Quote:
Rivals slam Hamilton's driving

A week after the Spa-Francorchamps penalty controversy, championship leader Lewis Hamilton's on-track antics are back in the spotlight.

The McLaren driver got involved in some close encounters during Sunday's Italian Grand Prix, including with his old foe and former teammate, Fernando Alonso.

"There was some unnecessary movements he made," the Spaniard told reporters in his native tongue at Monza, "and he repeated them with Timo Glock and Mark Webber. It is his way of racing."

Toyota's Glock was also not pleased when asked about Hamilton's driving. "I do not know what he was thinking. I was right next to him but he left me no room. Sometimes he drives as though he is completely alone on the track," the German is quoted as saying by RTL. "The next time I am with him (on track), I will behave with him in exactly the same way," Glock promised.

23-year-old Hamilton also made contact with Red Bull's Webber during a wheel to wheel battle with the Australian at the first chicane. "I made sure I covered my inside spot, but I didn't want to stay there on the wet patch or I wouldn't have made the corner," the Briton explained afterwards.

Take care Hamilton :whistling:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lewis wasn't always like this, I recall a fantastic battle with Piquet Jr. and Glock himself at Istanbul where all 3 gave each other enough room and put together the most exciting 5 laps in GP2 history. Looks like all the fame went to his head and he thinks he can do stuff like that now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:55 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Lasek99 wrote:
Lewis wasn't always like this, I recall a fantastic battle with Piquet Jr. and Glock himself at Istanbul where all 3 gave each other enough room and put together the most exciting 5 laps in GP2 history. Looks like all the fame went to his head and he thinks he can do stuff like that now.

Either that or he's been watching videos of Schumacher recently..

Every time they do/did it I think "You have a lot of talent, why squander it in such a way. There's really no need to weave about on the track like that when you're good enough to get by cleanly.."

But both of them usually preferred bullying their way past NOW than waiting for a chance to do it cleanly......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:25 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fantastic race by Vettel and ToroRosso. Im really happy that the team formerly known as Minardi has finally won is first race. Watching the podium and watching him doing the director during the italian anthem reminded me of the good old Schumy days. :thumbsup:

And as usual the rules are made for every driver but Hamilton who can freely try to kill first Glock than Webber while they were tryin to overtake him and finish the race without a penalty

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:28 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Schumack wrote:
Destroying DC means utterly nothing as everyone else would does the same

Oh like Christian Klien?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:30 am 
codename: any chance of an example of Schumacher driving someone off the road at speed? I honestly can't recall any. There's no disputing he parked his car in the side of an opponent on more than one occasion, but on low speed corners, and not with the intention of passing either. If memory serves, his passing moves were generally very clean. In this instance, had Timo lost the car on the white line or the grass after Lewis had pushed him off, it would have been a massive shunt.

Glad to see the drivers generally coming out and declaring their displeasure at it, though I'd like to see more from Webber, given he was clearly faster at that stage of the race, and the impact seemed to put an end to his challenge for some reason.

Regarding Webber being overrated - he most certainly is, at least by our press. He is a solid top 6-10 driver without a doubt, but given the way our media has always touted him as a future world champion, you'd think he'd have won a race by now. Think Alesi, minus the red blooded insanity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:42 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

goose wrote:
codename: any chance of an example of Schumacher driving someone off the road at speed? I honestly can't recall any. There's no disputing he parked his car in the side of an opponent on more than one occasion, but on low speed corners, and not with the intention of passing either. If memory serves, his passing moves were generally very clean. In this instance, had Timo lost the car on the white line or the grass after Lewis had pushed him off, it would have been a massive shunt.

Off the top of my head, Silverstone 2003 lap 1 pushing Alonso all the way to the grass...

The one move blocking thing fine, but when they're already alongside you the "oh hai I see what ur doin thur...I'm gonna push you so you're going to want to lift off and go behind or I'll cause a mighty accident, anything but let you by" mentality is really a step too far imo...

And no, I'm not saying Schumacher began this trend, nor was he the only one....but that's just one example I can remember at this late hour,....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:56 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

has the Glock Camera car already been posted?

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr84NX_mUVg

look at the way hamilton suddently changes his line. In that part of the track they go very fast and the sandtrap is short so it could really have been a nasty crash if glock would have not been good enough to keep his car straight.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2702 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1131 132 133 134 135 136 Next