TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2968 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5149 Next
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

MaxD wrote:
Canm someone confirm this for me...

Have the BBC definately announced that they will be using The chain as their theme tune????????????

BBC haven't officially announced it, but the insider over on DigitalSpy who's been right about almost everything so far says they're using it. Not sure if they're using the original or a more modern cover though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:55 am 
He said they've decided on the original. Plus that's what they used at SPOTY

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:21 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Still no F1 in HD this year

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/broadcastin ... ition.html

Quote:
Director of BBC Sport Roger Mosey wrote on the BBC Sport Editors' blog that the corporation's F1 coverage "won't yet be available in HD" but added that "we'd very much like it to be"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:23 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Bernie can't hold out on this much longer, I think every single major market now has the ability to broadcast comprehensively in HD.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:18 pm 

why bernie doesnt want HD? :o

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:43 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

$$$

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

According to the BBC employee at DigitalSpy when the BBC started pushing Bernie for a HD feed after initially refusing he came up with the idea of providing only the 'Major' Races in HD & the rest in SD. BBC rejected the idea as they wanted everything in HD or nothing in HD.

With HD becomming more avaliable around thw world I woudn't be surprised to see F1 go HD in 2010, especially if the BBC continue to push Bernie for it like they seem to be doing.

In a bit of Non-F1 related TV news, I notice that MotorsTV have made the switch to Widescreen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 2:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Even Chile should have HD massively by 2010. Would be insane if F1 doesn't go HD. That reminds me that i have a year to get a full HD tv screen.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:00 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Mattzel89 wrote:
$$$

Is it about getting the technical equipment like HD cameras and lenses?

Or is there more to it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:10 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

I think it's more about the production costs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bigears wrote:
Mattzel89 wrote:
$$$

Is it about getting the technical equipment like HD cameras and lenses?

Or is there more to it?

F1 already uses HD cameras since 2006. Most of the lenses however are still SD. Box lenses used for far distant angles (a higher zoom ratio is required) are HD though. But FOM has only 2 or 3 of them. So with their current equipment FOM is not able to record a full native HD picture. Only upscaled SD is the highest possible quality.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Looks like we could be getting more team radio transmissions this year:

http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/01/ ... v-viewers/
Quote:
Radio conversations between team and driver have been available for a few years, but the team had a button it needed to press to make the channel open to the TV director. Renault were always very good and open about this, even though it used to irritate them that the director kept playing clips of them telling Fisi to push harder. Ferrari and McLaren were useless at opening the line, and would simply open it at the end, after a victory for some stage managed gushing. This season the radios will be open all the time from every team, so you should hear some much more insightful stuff and get a feel for how the big names come across on radio in the heat of battle.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30012009/ ... -2009.html
Quote:
Fans to discover more F1 'secrets' in 2009 Formula 1 fans will be privy to more information in 2009 than they have been used to in the past, with the broadcasting of more pit-to-car radio transmissions during grands prix and the possible publication of cars' weights after qualifying.

Whilst television viewers have already been able to listen in on - occasionally colourful - selected in-car radio conversations, thy have hitherto been just that, selected. Henceforth, former ITV-F1 commentator James Allen has revealed in his online blog, teams will no longer have the option of filling the public in only when they press a button on the pit wall - but rather will have no control over what is broadcast, and when.

BTW official announcement from the BBC regarding the exact details of there F1 coverage is expected On Tuesday 24th February! Will be in the from of a Q&A Press Conference with there entire F1 team.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:14 am 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

hopefully some sort of preview show soon (even if it was only for the intro :p ), although they tend to wait with those until the weekend before the first GP.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeiser wrote:

BTW official announcement from the BBC regarding the exact details of there F1 coverage is expected On Tuesday 24th February! Will be in the from of a Q&A Press Conference with there entire F1 team.

Will wait for that then before I update my satellite instalation. If BBC will have multiple feeds will it be like premiere? Premiere worked with my receiver (push a button to make the subchannel list appear), will this also be the same for the BBC subchannels? Or does this only work on oficial sky receivers?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:37 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

cookie wrote:
Or does this only work on oficial sky receivers?

It should work with your digital receiver. The other BBC channels are just on another transponder so they should appear in your channel list (ID: STREAM-1, STREAM-2 etc...)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

cookie wrote:
If BBC will have multiple feeds will it be like premiere? Premiere worked with my receiver (push a button to make the subchannel list appear), will this also be the same for the BBC subchannels? Or does this only work on oficial sky receivers?
It won't be like that.

With Premiere, as you say you could make a sub-channel List appear with all the various feeds avaliable through there SportPortal. However the BBCi feeds are not linked like that unless your using an official Sky Reciever or Freeview/Cable box. When using a proper Sky box its actually fairly similar to Premiere once inside the BBC Sports Active screen & on whatever feeds avaliable, While on there Interactice Sports Screen You just press the Number thats attached to the feed you want & while on the various feeds you just press the blue button to bring up a list of other feeds avaliable via a small dropdown menu, also to change Audio-Track you can simply press the Right or Left arrow key.

However outside of an official Box as far as Im aware you just have the 7 seperate channels that contain the different feeds & you have to change the channel to switch feeds. These 7 Channels are usually called 'STREAM-0, STREAM-1 Etc....'.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

All these talk about HD coverage make me jealous. My local channel is still showing crappy 4:3 quality. Still, if we got same commentators as we had last year, i probably continue watching F1 at RTL, with 16:9 reso and more qood quality..

HD to F1 coverage to here?That would take years to come..

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:59 pm 

to me all does not matter. I'm not even aware if I have been watching 4:3 or 16:9... as long as I receive F1 (live) I'm happy :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:39 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

StefMeiser wrote:
cookie wrote:
If BBC will have multiple feeds will it be like premiere? Premiere worked with my receiver (push a button to make the subchannel list appear), will this also be the same for the BBC subchannels? Or does this only work on oficial sky receivers?
It won't be like that.

With Premiere, as you say you could make a sub-channel List appear with all the various feeds avaliable through there SportPortal. However the BBCi feeds are not linked like that unless your using an official Sky Reciever or Freeview/Cable box. When using a proper Sky box its actually fairly similar to Premiere once inside the BBC Sports Active screen & on whatever feeds avaliable, While on there Interactice Sports Screen You just press the Number thats attached to the feed you want & while on the various feeds you just press the blue button to bring up a list of other feeds avaliable via a small dropdown menu, also to change Audio-Track you can simply press the Right or Left arrow key.

However outside of an official Box as far as Im aware you just have the 7 seperate channels that contain the different feeds & you have to change the channel to switch feeds. These 7 Channels are usually called 'STREAM-0, STREAM-1 Etc....'.

Thanks for the info, even better that they are seperate channels, that way I can set my dvd recorder to record the onboard feed or whatever they show when I'm not home

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:46 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Asmer wrote:
All these talk about HD coverage make me jealous. My local channel is still showing crappy 4:3 quality. Still, if we got same commentators as we had last year, i probably continue watching F1 at RTL, with 16:9 reso and more qood quality..

HD to F1 coverage to here?That would take years to come..

don't worry, F1's still not being produced in HD

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2968 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5149 Next