TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 5:40 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1143 144 145 146 147 148 Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I doubt that. Sure they might sign him in future but not now for 2011.

Alonso's been bitten by that kind of deal before...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:45 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Gaara wrote:
Alonso's been bitten by that kind of deal before...

When?

I can only think of his move to McLaren from Renault, and McLaren offered him a car which was a clear championship contender. His manager only "forgot" to put the number one clause into the contract. Luckily.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:24 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

My friend just told me about this. Im not surprised at one point of alonsos life he needs to try and drive for Scuderia. I just hope he continues his behaviour like in 2008 and stop moaning :)

Quote:
http://f1.racestart.nl/nieuws/alonso-voor-vier-jaar-naar-ferrari.html

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:44 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

This is like the 53th secret Alonsodeal in history, i'll believe it when they anounce it :p

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:03 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Seems like Honda might have found a buyer. We're talking about the second richest Mexican in the world. Something 'slim' I think.

I'm looking forward to the rescue deal and hopefully they'll have a great livery :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Which we've already talked about...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:45 pm 

this might fix the post ;)

Quote:
Carlos Slim buys Honda team

Sunday, 28 December 2008
Dec.28 (GMM) Departing Honda's Brackley based formula one team has been rescued by the second richest man in the world, according to increasingly widespread reports in the wake of Christmas. The unofficial news was first carried at the weekend by the Italian newspaper La Stampa, which said the Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim has succeeded in buying the team for a symbolic single dollar.
Slim, who controls the telecommunications giant Telmex, was among several interested parties in the Japanese manufacturer's outfit, including David Richards.

La Stampa acknowledged that the news is not official.

"But two things are certain -- the team has been saved and the drivers will be Jenson Button and rookie Bruno Senna in place of Rubens Barrichello," the Turin-published newspaper said.

It is believed Slim is prepared to fund the F1 team to the tune of a healthy $300 million per year.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:49 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

still nothing official :roll:

Quote:
Slim one of four speaking to Honda

By Jonathan Noble

Honda Racing are in talks with four potential buyers including wealthy Mexican businessman Carlos Slim, autosport.com has learned, but no deal has yet been completed.

Reports emerging out of South America on Saturday suggested that Slim, ranked as the world's second richest man behind American investor Warren Buffett, had actually finalised a contract to take over Honda.

Italian newspaper La Stampa also wrote that Slim had agreed a deal that would see the team line-up on the grid in 2009 with Jenson Button and Bruno Senna as their drivers.

However, although talks are progressing well, it is understood that the situation remains unchanged from how it was just before Christmas, with public confirmation of the progress of the buyout discussions unlikely before the New Year.

Honda Racing CEO Nick Fry had told autosport.com earlier this month that there had been encouraging progress in finding a buyer.

"We have had a high level of interest in the team since Honda Motor Co. announced their withdrawal from Formula One," Fry said. "Since that time, Ross and I have been engaged in ongoing discussions with several serious potential new owners who have expressed an interest in purchasing the team."

Sources have told autosport.com that there are four parties considering getting involved - with Slim believed to be heading the running at the moment.

Although the identity of the buyers has not been confirmed, it is believed that apart from Slim they are Prodrive boss David Richards with the Kuwait-based Investment Dar Company (TID), Greek shipping magnate Achilleas Kallakis and an unidentified Swiss group.

Force India boss Vijay Mallya had also been linked with the team, but this is believed to have been purely an interest in the assets should the team have been closed and their facilities put up for sale.

Original contact between Honda Racing chiefs and Slim was made late last season, with discussions primarily based on a potential sponsorship link-up between his Telmex company and the team.

This came about through the team's interest in Senna, who is sponsored by Embratel, a Brazilian subsidiary of Telmex.

When Honda announced that it was to quit F1, the sponsorship talks changed into buyout discussions - with Slim recently making a big push to invest heavily in business expansion despite the worldwide economic slowdown.

Slim, who also owns the mobile phone company America Movil, recently increased his stake in American luxury retailers Saks to 18 percent. At the start of December his Inbursa brokerage in Mexico bought $150 million (USD) of shares in Citigroup after their price sank to levels not seen since the early 1990's.

Slim visited Honda Racing's Brackley headquarters just before Christmas, but the holiday period has put a temporary hold on discussions before talks can resume in the next week to try and sort out a deal in early January.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:06 pm 

If Ferrari really want to have Alonso, they'll have to find him a slower team-mate or just give Massa a white powder in his car so he'll be slower.

However I just hope that Bruno gets a seat next year in a team which will be able to score some points.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I heard Honda might be bought for $1. True?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:31 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Orges wrote:
My friend just told me about this. Im not surprised at one point of alonsos life he needs to try and drive for Scuderia. I just hope he continues his behaviour like in 2008 and stop moaning :)

Quote:
http://f1.racestart.nl/nieuws/alonso-voor-vier-jaar-naar-ferrari.html

I absolutely agree with you, before 2008, Alonso was little whiny twat, but this year he is really changed up for good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:35 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

xxxx wrote:
This is like the 53th secret Alonsodeal in history, i'll believe it when they anounce it :p

Well, that's the same situation as Kimi Raikkonen when he was driving a Mclaren. Lots of rumours linking him to Ferrari and finally he got the seat. And Santander will switch to Ferrari in 2010, so Alonso driving a Ferrari it's not a dream.

Klemen wrote:
If Ferrari really want to have Alonso, they'll have to find him a slower team-mate or just give Massa a white powder in his car so he'll be slower.

IMO Massa or Raikkonen are just slower team-mates, without white powder or any kind of help. Who scored most points in the last 6 races of the season? Alonso in his crappy Renault :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

amq55 wrote:
I heard Honda might be bought for $1. True?

Yep, to help it sell.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:21 pm 

farruquito wrote:
xxxx wrote:

Well, that's the same situation as Kimi Raikkonen when he was driving a Mclaren. Lots of rumours linking him to Ferrari and finally he got the seat. And Santander will switch to Ferrari in 2010, so Alonso driving a Ferrari it's not a dream.

Klemen wrote:

IMO Massa or Raikkonen are just slower team-mates, without white powder or any kind of help. Who scored most points in the last 6 races of the season? Alonso in his crappy Renault :)

Let's be honest. If Renault would really be such a crappy car he wouldn't win even one race right? Even Piquet finished 4th in Fuji, while Alonso won. In Singapur he won just beacuse of pure luck but in Fuji he deserved it by great driving although Hamilton's late breaking helped him a lot. In the last part of the season he was awesome but through the whole season he made some mistakes as well. I don't dobut in his skills, he beat Schumacher in 2006 that says a lot about him but if team-mate beats him he loses his mind. Massa might be slower than Alonso but I dobut of Kimi is.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:37 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Let's wait to see how will be Kimi's performance in 2009...if he does the same as 2008 I really can't believe Kimi is quicker than Fernando. And Massa...he wasn't faster than Fisico when they were team-mates in Sauber. And we know what happened when Alonso and Fisico were team-mates.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:46 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Massa was in his 2nd season while Fisi was doing his 9th, not really a reference.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:50 pm 

farruquito wrote:
Let's wait to see how will be Kimi's performance in 2009...if he does the same as 2008 I really can't believe Kimi is quicker than Fernando. And Massa...he wasn't faster than Fisico when they were team-mates in Sauber. And we know what happened when Alonso and Fisico were team-mates.

I would not rely on that kind of comparisons. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Not really? Compare British GP 2008 with British GP 2002. One driver did the same brilliant drive. Guess who.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Alonso got owned by a rookie Image

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1143 144 145 146 147 148 Next