TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
only hope for a Leclerc victory is pole in Monaco and pray from qualifying checkered to first pit stop for Ferrari not to fuck his strategy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:26 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Karan wrote:
Tsunoda nearly took Ricciardo out after the race lol And Ricciardo called it "immaturity". Getting spicy at RB after only one race...

Video of Tsunoda's dipshitness.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... vVpFX.html

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:31 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This is why Yuki will never get the Red Bull 2nd seat (not that I think Dan will either). You think they want that sort of tit-headedness when they ask him to move over for Max?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:33 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Very unprofessional

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:42 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I cannot believe for all the off season realistic predictions of "It'll be just as bad as last year" we got the one thing no-one predicted:

It'll be so much worse than last season

Red Bull are much further ahead of even Perez didn't really need to try and just use the car pace to ease his way into second.
And we all know he isn't a superstar

Like Jesus Christ, I dont even think the battle for 3rd is going to be that good, Ferrari seem a clear 2nd place behind red bull, with Mclaren a bit behind that and Mercedes there or there abouts with Mclaren depending on if they can stop their car overheating if it comes within a start finish straight of another car.

Then Aston Martin again in their own little oasis and everyone else battling for the final point

Holy shit.....cannot believe how bad this season is gonna be.

Also disappointed in Ricciardo not doing the decent thing in giving the place back that he was gifted
He was let through to try and pass the car ahead, he couldn't but he didn't give the place back at the final turn as should be the right thing to do
But more and more its looking like it wasn't Mclaren that was the weak link in that setup and his time is rapidly coming to an end (Perez will be happy with this, he can saunter around with easy 2nds and maybe get near max on Street tracks and not have a threat to his drive)

1/10.
The only good parts were George passing Leclerc and the 2 Ferrari's fighting.

Don´t be so negative

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I can't blame him; it's just very disheartening. No matter how much of a purist one may be, everyone wants to see an actual fight for the top prize at the end of the day, not a procession leading up to a foregone conclusion. Yes, domination has always happened in F1 but over the past 10 years or so, it seems to have become the norm that one team and their No. 1 driver will have a near-uninterrupted run of close to 100% domination in almost every race of every season during that period.

Basically, now it's gotten to a point where every season is like Schumacher's 2002 run; first Hamilton, and now Verstappen, it's become almost a running joke to people who don't follow F1 or even those who follow other motorsport series where they are used to seeing at least 3-4 win contenders in any given race.

Note I'm not faulting either driver or their teams, as they are merely doing their jobs perfectly, but maybe something has to change in terms of the regulations.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

It is the draconian rules set that has caused this. Red Bull got it right from the get go, and once that advantage is baked in (like the start of the hybrid era) it is almost impossible to catch up. If the design rules were more open then teams would be able to pursue other design avenues. Yes, it in no guarantee that other design ideas would topple Red Bull, but at least there would be the chance for other ideas that might possibly be better.

The way the rules are now, there is practically no chance of that happening.

As a side note, I personally hate with a passion this whole short sighted "franchise" garbage and hope for Max to continue his domination so that when the inevitable Drive to Survive audience gets fatigue and these "billion" dollar valuations decline, Liberty will be forced to actually look into ways to improve the health of the actual sport. ie opening up the rule set. Rather than being an investment company looking to maximise "stakeholder" return over the underlying product.

Nothing exemplifies this better than the whole Andretti refusal and justification that they will diminsh the pot. Here is a thought.......increase the amount of fucking money you give back to the teams and NOT the shareholders. Just a crazy thought. The sooner they bugger off the better.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:23 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

webbsy wrote:
It is the draconian rules set that has caused this. Red Bull got it right from the get go, and once that advantage is baked in (like the start of the hybrid era) it is almost impossible to catch up. If the design rules were more open then teams would be able to pursue other design avenues. Yes, it in no guarantee that other design ideas would topple Red Bull, but at least there would be the chance for other ideas that might possibly be better.

The way the rules are now, there is practically no chance of that happening.

True, that and the lack of in-season testing. It's one thing to simulate your upgrade packages and hope they work on track, but it likely forces teams to be conservative. Whereas, if they were able to at least test out different concepts before introducing them in a GP, it might help shuffle up the field a little more.

webbsy wrote:
As a side note, I personally hate with a passion this whole short sighted "franchise" garbage and hope for Max to continue his domination so that when the inevitable Drive to Survive audience gets fatigue and these "billion" dollar valuations decline, Liberty will be forced to actually look into ways to improve the health of the actual sport. ie opening up the rule set.

IMO I don't think Liberty will even stick around when that happens, they'll probably jump ship and find a new owner when revenue/viewership starts to inevitably drop.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:08 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Fabs wrote:
Philthy82 wrote:
ZeroX wrote:
The average lap time for all those drivers across those 5 laps are all within about half a second, what exactly do you mean?

Yeah those times alone don't exactly show Max with the advantage.

I was mostly looking at the consistency and the fact it improved over the five first laps.
To me it indicated he was much heavier on fuel and had very low deg.

I might not be wrong
Still a good margin over a stint so Red Bull will be 10 or 15 secs up to road by the end of the race.
That is if they lock out the front row.

Not a bad prediction

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 10:50 am 

I wonder if Brundle will be pulled aside for a "serious talking to" after the comments he made about the cars during the race.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:10 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Also disappointed in Ricciardo not doing the decent thing in giving the place back that he was gifted
He was let through to try and pass the car ahead, he couldn't but he didn't give the place back at the final turn as should be the right thing to do
But more and more its looking like it wasn't Mclaren that was the weak link in that setup and his time is rapidly coming to an end (Perez will be happy with this, he can saunter around with easy 2nds and maybe get near max on Street tracks and not have a threat to his drive).

That take seems a bit harsh based on an armchair perspective. How do we know Ricciardo wasn't told by the team to hold back and not attack Tsunoda? He was on fresh softs on that stint, had DRS and could've likely overtaken Tsunoda and taken the place on merit. But maybe he held back from attacking per instruction from the team, to avoid risking contact, thereby playing the team game. And if so, it would've only been fair for Tsunoda to do the same instead of throwing that tantrum.

If I were Tsunoda, I'd be on my best behaviour this year and not give my employer any excuse to sack me, knowing Lawson is eagerly waiting to get the call from RB...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:41 am 

Let Yuki loose, we need some form of entertainment this season

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ZeroX wrote:
I wonder if Brundle will be pulled aside for a "serious talking to" after the comments he made about the cars during the race.

Not everyone follows the English coverage. What happened?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:21 pm 

Omega wrote:
ZeroX wrote:

Not everyone follows the English coverage. What happened?

He basically said the change in 2014 to this turbo-hybrid formula that made the cars heavy and horrible to drive was wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The race wasn't that bad, I've seen much worse. We had a few good battles, but it's logical after 27 hours of testing and 1 hour qualy at the same track that there won't be any surprises during the race. The teams had tons of data.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn´t expect it, but I´m not against races on a Saturday evening! It gives me more time to watch it, and Sunday is free again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Karan wrote:
Tsunoda nearly took Ricciardo out after the race lol And Ricciardo called it "immaturity". Getting spicy at RB after only one race...

Video of Tsunoda's dipshitness.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... vVpFX.html

I must say, I didn´t see the logic either to swap drivers that are 13th and 14th, with only a couple of laps to go, with a huge gap to pointsscoring positions. Yuki should listen to the teams decisions, but the team should have realised that maybe it wasn´t worth it anymore.

Ricciardo wasn´t going to close a gap of 10 seconds in 5 laps, passing Magnussen, Zhou and Stroll as if he were Verstappen and they got blue flags.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:28 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I believe that races like yesterday are a necessary evil, eventually anticipating a classic race to come

the only problem is being a classic or a regular race, the winner seems to be always the same

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:34 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

If there was anyone in VCARB who knew how to put a decent strategy together then the situation would never have happened. Yuki went from fighting Stroll and Zhou to being stuck behind KMag because the team left him out on the first set of hards for 5 laps too long, and then put him on another set of hards.

The behaviour after the race wasn't on but at least it wasn't in response to a single slight - rather a string of them (the bad strategy, getting stuck behind the Haas, being told to move over and then not being given the place back at the end).

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I feel also that nine other teams don't have clear idea why Red Bull is so strong.

Also, the number of sensors etc. gives so much information that there isn't many events where things go badly wrong.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 146 posts ]  Go to page Previous 14 5 6 7 8 Next