TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3844 Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
micha wrote:
Latest rumor is that Aston Martin is also in the market to scoop up Verstappen. And that Sr is even willing to sacrifice his son to make it happen.

If Stroll Sr. pulls off that move, expect more headphones to be smashed by Toto.

actually is a master move by papa Strulovich, put Verstappen on the green car, make his son drive the Mercedes and voilá a Stroll in championship contention

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:29 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

JJ wrote:
Maybe Massa, feeling the pressure, would have crashed out in the last 3 remaining races - losing the championship. Or maybe after winning(?) in Singapore he would have slipped in a hotel room bathroom and broken his leg - losing the championship. There are infinite amount of possible scenarios.

You can play these hypotheticals all you want. How about this one, had Renault been caught, arguably they would have been banned for several races (like BAR were for running illegal cars in '05) and that changes everything all over again.

The crux of this issue is negligence and a lack of due diligence from the FIA, which I'm glad Massa is calling them out on.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:49 pm 

The outcome of the championship is a formality, what he wants is the cash.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

micha wrote:
Latest rumor is that Aston Martin is also in the market to scoop up Verstappen. And that Sr is even willing to sacrifice his son to make it happen.

If Stroll Sr. pulls off that move, expect more headphones to be smashed by Toto.

Alonso/Verstappen would be an insane combo

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 4:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I can see Massa winning the suit then Bernie and his blue caps pull a legal trap over him making him return all the cash to cover "legal procedures"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Juihi wrote:
micha wrote:

It will go sour within 2 or 3 races and I'm here for the spicy fireworks

The second Max gets anything like a preferential strategy or update, Alonso will tear the whole thing down :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:19 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:
micha wrote:

Last year there were rumours of Alonso going to Red Bull, so we could already dream in that direction

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Cool channel, recommend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:10 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

I believe it's going to be formally announced this weekend, as it was only tentatively agreed to previously - Australia will host the first F1 race in 2025 on March 9. The day after is a public holiday in Victoria so that's pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I guess they were onto something in the since-deleted tweet about Hamilton making his Ferrari debut at Melbourne :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Nice to have the traditional season opener back, though checking Wikipedia it only started as season opener in 1997, I thought it went back much further than that.

Be interesting to understand the economics of this - I thought Bahrain was paying a premium to get the season opener, would have thought another Middle East state would have paid for the privilege

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

gd49 wrote:
Be interesting to understand the economics of this - I thought Bahrain was paying a premium to get the season opener, would have thought another Middle East state would have paid for the privilege

I believe it is Ramadan related, in 2025 it starts on the 1st March and finishes on the 31st, so we'll quite possibly see the Chinese and Japanese races in March too with Bahrain and Saudi in April

3x TBKL rFactor Hillclimb champion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:17 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think I read somewhere that Albert Park's latest contract also guarantees them two(?) season openers over the duration of the contract, which is why it is that race first and not Suzuka or somewhere else.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:33 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:
I believe it is Ramadan related, in 2025 it starts on the 1st March and finishes on the 31st, so we'll quite possibly see the Chinese and Japanese races in March too with Bahrain and Saudi in April

Suzuka in March sounds like a bad idea. They should put Brazilian GP and Mexican GP in between, in order to push Suzuka to April.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:21 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

gd49 wrote:
Nice to have the traditional season opener back, though checking Wikipedia it only started as season opener in 1997, I thought it went back much further than that.

Pretty sure Albert Park made its debut in 1996. Right after Adelaide rounded off the 1995 season.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:30 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

EsbenT wrote:
gd49 wrote:

Pretty sure Albert Park made its debut in 1996. Right after Adelaide rounded off the 1995 season.

Yep, 96 was the first race in Melbourne.

Also, Bahrain these days seems like it's a small fish in the Middle Eastern pond, when you look at the efforts that Saudi, UAE and Qatar have made these last few years.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

EsbenT wrote:
gd49 wrote:

Indeed, will always remember it thanks to MR. BRUNDLE and his opening lap acrobatics. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That was my first proper F1 race after we stopped on Senna's death and was too young to remember (As a baby already watched F1 since I was born in 87, if you really wanna get into the count...), anyway that crash and the rookie Villenueve almost winning in a damaged race car got me hooked.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Juihi wrote:

one day they might change Ramadan rules so they could keep their sportswashing privileges season opener

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:32 pm 

motorsport.com wrote:
Susie Wolff has filed a criminal complaint against the FIA over allegations made against her at the end of last year.

The F1 Driver Academy managing director, who is wife of Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff, found herself at the centre of a media storm in December after the FIA announced it was looking into a potential conflict of interest between them.

This followed a media report suggesting that confidential information had been shared between the pair, and that teams had complained to the FIA. Both these counts were subsequently strongly denied.

The matter emerged in public after the FIA issued a statement saying that: “The FIA is aware of media speculation centred on the allegation of information of a confidential nature being passed to an F1 team principal from a member of FOM personnel. The FIA Compliance Department is looking into the matter."

While the Wolffs were not named in the statement, it was obvious who the governing body was referring to, and their identify was also briefed to media.

Ok, so if this is now a criminal case this relates to libel/defamation. However, if the FIA statement did not even mention her or Toto Wolff, then I don't see what case the FIA itself has to answer here?

And what exactly will you achieve if the organisation is found guilty of said crime? Other than trying to get money out of them, nothing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 873 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3844 Next