TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Omega wrote:
Alonso already said after the race that he thought it was a race accident, and no penalty was needed.

People see him as the lion of F1 and the only one left that can be relied on to say it as it is, but he's also a massive fucking hypocrite at times

Literally any other driver doing that, he'd have gone full Alonso on the radio and in the press "you can't drive with these people, they have no mirrors, they will kill somebody" etc etc

His future team mate and son of the guy who is about to give him millions of dollars to toil around in the midfield?
Oh sure, now his dangerous move that sent him up in the air is no problem at all........give me a break fernando :roll:
He was pretty chilled on the radio straight after it happened too - I'm not sure he would have been doing the political calculations then, maybe he thought he did get too close before pulling out

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 11:17 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I give him the benefit of the doubt for the radio message, he was possibly in shock from feeling he was going to die entangled in a fence seconds before.

Post-race comments? Ridiculously nice. Does he really need those millions that much to start bowing down to the Strolls?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 2:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
dunno why don't Pirelli make a tire that last the whole race like Bridgestone did. Is not like cars need gimmicks to get close and easy pass like we did 10 years ago

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 4:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
dunno why don't Pirelli make a tire that last the whole race like Bridgestone did. Is not like cars need gimmicks to get close and easy pass like we did 10 years ago

Because that's what was asked of them. Pirelli were asked to design a tyre that has varying degrees of wear to improve the show but, by now, the teams have figured out how to game the system and that's how you end up with 3/4 of the race being done on mediums, nobody touching the hards unless they absolutely must and turning inters into slicks to save a stop.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 pm 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

webbsy wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
These tyre test practice sessions are pretty rubbish. Race weekends aren't the time for meaningless test sessions.

Not helped by the tyres being terrible

The longer the Pirelli era has gone on the more obvious it is to me at least, that a big reason why the racing has been crap for the last 5-6 years is that after the first few years of being in the sport, the tyres are just terrible.

You can argue (and justifiably) that the teams constant request for them to be changed after the first few years has led to the current tyres, but it is clear that Pirelli are just doing the bare minimum required.

The sooner they are replaced the better in my opinion. Get a manufacturer that actually wants to progress tyre technology/construction, not one that has won the contract and is just doing what it needs to do to get by.

And this is coming from someone that was a big supporter of them for the first few years.

Like it's been mentioned above this is what Pirelli has been asked to provide. The 2011 Canadian GP was the blueprint but FIA somehow thought such race can be manufactured frequently if only by telling the tire company what to do. It didn't work out at all. And when Pirelli came up with a less durable tire we had a few races when tires couldn't last the distance and they got all the heat if they didn't know what they are doing (even if teams pushed over the designated tire life and still blamed Pirelli). And obviously FIA washed their hands saying it's not really their fault despite the original higher tire wear request. All in all, the bad press fell on Pirelli so it's no wonder they eventually created a more durable tire if still not enough to last the entire distance which would make the races even more boring (with refuelling ban even the mandatory two compound rule doesn't quite bring the unknown factor except maybe desert tracks with little grip). After all those years teams have learned how to manipulate the compounds and yeah, medium is the desired choice by default. The net gains/loss to hards or softs is non-existent anymore so the juice ain't worth the squeeze. The ban on tire blankets might add to some gap changes around the pitstops though with refuelling still banned it might not be as significant as in IndyCar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mercedes fastest by now, perhaps is finally their turn to win

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:06 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Well they never could win here when they were the dominant team, maybe Mexico just makes sure whoever is winning all season doesn't get to win on its hallowed ground

LOL no, it's just practice, Max will turn his engine up for Q3 and it'll be another Max pole

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:21 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Even if they don't win, it would be great to see six cars fighting at the front.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:07 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm sure the stadium section has a great atmosphere, but it's the most boring piece of track to watch the cars on.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:14 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The Darcy F1 stream seems to have failed and been removed from the website within the last 20 mins :ohmy:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:20 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

For a moment I though Vettel would miss out on Q2 with 0.000s. Then Zhou went a bit faster.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mercedes is being a class of the field. Took a while but they returned

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

My left nut for a Bottas victory.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:36 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
mclaren2008 wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
These tyre test practice sessions are pretty rubbish. Race weekends aren't the time for meaningless test sessions.

Not helped by the tyres being terrible

The longer the Pirelli era has gone on the more obvious it is to me at least, that a big reason why the racing has been crap for the last 5-6 years is that after the first few years of being in the sport, the tyres are just terrible.

You can argue (and justifiably) that the teams constant request for them to be changed after the first few years has led to the current tyres, but it is clear that Pirelli are just doing the bare minimum required.

The sooner they are replaced the better in my opinion. Get a manufacturer that actually wants to progress tyre technology/construction, not one that has won the contract and is just doing what it needs to do to get by.

And this is coming from someone that was a big supporter of them for the first few years.

(Not so) hot take: The first few years had better racing because Pirelli were doing what the FIA wanted, before they caved and started letting the teams have an opinion. When the teams started bitching about 'dangerous' tyres, they were perfectly within their rights to say "use the tyres as we direct and stop whining" but the FIA wouldn't back them up, and it changed at that point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:38 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I suspect they are boosting it in the mix, but the crowd noise for Perez is pretty cool.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So tight at the top. Hope Q3 is the same

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:43 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Now finally Red Bull will run at full boost and fresh tyres, lets see how long this hope lasts :p

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bottas is surprisingly quick. Difficult to predict who will take pole, and will it be a disadvantage at the start anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:52 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Verstappen's lap looked mega from the part of the onboard they showed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2022 9:53 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

best thing about short tracks are those small gaps

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 155 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 58 Next