TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 9:06 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
what can I say, I'm an italian racing fanboy :lol: :lol:

Hey, if you're honest about it and own it, then what can I say? :lol:

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:35 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

rcrossin wrote:
Omega wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
Only Hamilton has proven he´s a dick outside the car too.

Can you elaborate on this? Mayeb im out of the loop, but as much as i like to see Hamilton lose and am sick of his domination, I always liked him as a person. He didn't hesitate to talk shit about being in Saudi Arabia and even wore his LGBT helmet there without giving a fuck, which I respect. Seems like a decent dude. Also honest about his mental health struggles.

Isn't it clear? Campaigning for...

- Peace in Ukraine
- LGBQT rights in Saudi Arabia
- The USA's ridiculous anti-abortion laws
- Black Lives Matter
- Bahrain's human rights abuses
- Chinese animal rights (they call dogs "livestock" FYI)
- Criticising the Hungarian government while in Hungary
- Veganism
- UNICEF
- Reducing your carbon footprint

Also regularly appearing in children's hospitals, being made a member of the British empire for charitable contributions, fulfilling make-a-wish kids wishes, giving away free meals to NHS workers during the pandemic and giving away food to school children...

...makes you a dick.

Oh he does dodge taxes, which every driver on the grid does. So I guess there's that.

Look if people want to irrationally hate the guy, by all means. I'm not his biggest fan, but fuck I have respect for him and what he's done.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2022 11:46 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

peterohanrahanrahan wrote:
rcrossin wrote:
Omega wrote:

Can you elaborate on this? Mayeb im out of the loop, but as much as i like to see Hamilton lose and am sick of his domination, I always liked him as a person. He didn't hesitate to talk shit about being in Saudi Arabia and even wore his LGBT helmet there without giving a fuck, which I respect. Seems like a decent dude. Also honest about his mental health struggles.

- Peace in Ukraine
- Black Lives Matter
- Veganism
- UNICEF

Also regularly appearing in children's hospitals, being made a member of the British empire for charitable contributions, fulfilling make-a-wish kids wishes, giving away free meals to NHS workers during the pandemic and giving away food to school children...

...makes you a dick.

Oh he does dodge taxes, which every driver on the grid does. So I guess there's that.

Look if people want to irrationally hate the guy, by all means. I'm not his biggest fan, but fuck I have respect for him and what he's done.

Actually he pays his taxes now

But you know, he wears funny clothes and stuff, so fuck him

Dude has a cute dog, that's usually enough for the internet to fawn over someone :whistling:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 12:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***

isn't some of those tax deductible? so you don't need to feed the war machines of your country, or fund politicians that make parties during lockdown but instead funding the future of the nation where it is most needed

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:08 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

rcrossin wrote:
Omega wrote:

- Peace in Ukraine
- Black Lives Matter
- Veganism
- UNICEF

...makes you a dick.

Support comes & goes. I cheered when he won the title in 2008 because I had enough of Ferrari. Fast forward 14 years and I've had enough of Hamilton and his moaning about everything. It's time he goes. Hell, it's gotten so bad I'm starting to cheer for Russell to beat him every weekend and this board knows I'm the last person who would cheer for Russell :lol: I'm against old-timers hanging on past their years due to reputation. Raikkonen is out, next up are Alonso and Hamilton. If neither of them was on the grid in 2023 I'd be more than fine with that.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 1:08 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
isn't some of those tax deductible? so you don't need to feed the war machines of your country, or fund politicians that make parties during lockdown but instead funding the future of the nation where it is most needed

And Lewis Hamilton is the only person of moderate wealth who makes tax deductible donations?

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 2:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
no, I'm just asking

If I was filthy rich like him I would do exactly the same. When you got money you owe explanation to no one

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 3:59 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
no, I'm just asking

If I was filthy rich like him I would do exactly the same. When you got money you owe explanation to no one

To answer your question he probably could. Whether he does is for him to know.

I'm not filthy rich and I do it.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 10:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Vassago wrote:
rcrossin wrote:

- Peace in Ukraine
- Black Lives Matter
- Veganism
- UNICEF

...makes you a dick.

Support comes & goes. I cheered when he won the title in 2008 because I had enough of Ferrari. Fast forward 14 years and I've had enough of Hamilton and his moaning about everything. It's time he goes. Hell, it's gotten so bad I'm starting to cheer for Russell to beat him every weekend and this board knows I'm the last person who would cheer for Russell :lol: I'm against old-timers hanging on past their years due to reputation. Raikkonen is out, next up are Alonso and Hamilton. If neither of them was on the grid in 2023 I'd be more than fine with that.

Vettel will be out first but I think both Lewis and Alonso will just be seeing out their contracts (IIRC to the end of 2023 for both of them, though maybe more of a decision Lewis makes and a decision Fernando will have forced upon him)

Though I kind of hate the quest for youth F1 has gone through in recent years and if Fernando and Lewis and whoever else can prove that the performance window for F1 can extend into the mid 40s, that'd be awesome
If anything, Vettel has proved that peaking too early can damage the rest of your career :whistling:

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2022 8:14 pm 

codename_47 wrote:
Vassago wrote:

- Peace in Ukraine
- Black Lives Matter
- Veganism
- UNICEF

...makes you a dick.

Vettel will be out first but I think both Lewis and Alonso will just be seeing out their contracts (IIRC to the end of 2023 for both of them, though maybe more of a decision Lewis makes and a decision Fernando will have forced upon him)

Though I kind of hate the quest for youth F1 has gone through in recent years and if Fernando and Lewis and whoever else can prove that the performance window for F1 can extend into the mid 40s, that'd be awesome
If anything, Vettel has proved that peaking too early can damage the rest of your career :whistling:

I'd be more patient with the veterans if we had 26-28 cars on the grid. But with 20? Time to pack them bags. I'd rather see Piastri & Lawson in F1 right now instead of another year of Alonso, Hamilton or indeed Vettel.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 4:16 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
rcrossin wrote:

- Peace in Ukraine
- Black Lives Matter
- Veganism
- UNICEF

...makes you a dick.

Actually he pays his taxes now

But you know, he wears funny clothes and stuff, so fuck him

Dude has a cute dog, that's usually enough for the internet to fawn over someone :whistling:

He's also black. There you go, I'll say it. People always go up and arms about it being brought up as a reason, so everyone else is careful only speaking about the rest, just like you both did.

But sometimes, after you've exerted every other option, it is the main reason in many cases of irrational hate. Especially, when the person doesn't have the "facilitators for hate" that people of their persuasion are stereotypically believed to have (violence, sexism, shady businesses, foul language, etc...).

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 5:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I wasn´t even going to response because I really couldn´t be bothered, it always leads to the same anyway, but your assumption is the most predictable and yet the most retarded and sad idea possible and frankly makes you a bit of a racist yourself.

Carry on now.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 12:07 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Coldtyre wrote:
He's also black. There you go, I'll say it. People always go up and arms about it being brought up as a reason, so everyone else is careful only speaking about the rest, just like you both did

I was being subtle, trying to say it was because he's black but without saying he's black.

But you're 100% right.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2022 11:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd much rather have someone like Willy T Ribbs than Hamilton in F1. He is a true fighter, great driver, and a great all around guy.

So no, I dislike Hamilton because he's a piece of shit, not because of his skin color. That would be absurd.

Y'all are free to disagree but likewise, I am free to have this opinion. :wave:

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2022 10:01 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yes, you're free to have an incorrect opinion because he's clearly not a piece of shit.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2022 6:48 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:
Yes, you're free to have an incorrect opinion because he's clearly not a piece of shit.

So edgy.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:21 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

So edgy.

I mean, it's really not edgy to say somebody isn't a piece of shit :roll:

You could at least explain your opinion rather than just hide behind 'I'm free to have it'.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:25 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Allright allright allright, I´ll give you one of my reasons.

Hamilton is very openminded. Very woke, as it would be called these days. The problem I have with him, with a large portion of the "woke" people and with a couple of members here is: being all for free speech, anyone is free to have their opinion, as long as it is the same opinion as you have. Have a different opinion and you are shocked and you try to make the other person feel guilty or shame him for having that opinion.
Hamilton has often showed this behaviour, but it was the most obvious about 2 years ago when he went full into BLM and kneeling and stuff, and then got angry to his fellow drivers when they didn´t fill their social media with it like he did, or didn´t want to kneel. Other people had different opinions but he didn´t care.

To the members who are now going to be shocked and feel the need to write several paragraphs in reply: go ahead, but I can´t be bothered to go in discussion.

Suggesting that it is because he is black is one of the most stupid reasons I have read here. Yes, there will be people that don´t like him because his color, but the majority of the people who are against him do that because of his personality, or because they have had enough of his arrogance and domination.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 12:42 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Yeah and they hate his personality and arrogance because - he's black.

Thanks for making our point for us.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 12:54 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

So you dislike him because he's anti-racism and criticises people who have a platform and don't speak out against racism... and you consider that a completely non-racist POV?

I dislike plenty of Lewis's characteristics (iks' quote in the Spanish GP thread about the kid in hospital encapsulates it pretty well), but everything you just described is a big part of what redeems him for me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 481 posts ]  Go to page Previous 121 22 23 24 25 Next