TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:57 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 184 85 86 87 88125 Next

Which team do you think will have the upper hand with the new regs?
Poll ended at Mon Feb 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Mercedes 26%  26%  [ 11 ]
Red Bull 17%  17%  [ 7 ]
Ferrari 19%  19%  [ 8 ]
McLaren 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpine 12%  12%  [ 5 ]
Alpha Tauri 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Aston Martin 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Williams 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Alfa Romeo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Haas 10%  10%  [ 4 ]
Total votes: 42
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:44 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

looks like alpine might not be the villian in this one

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:10 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

TL;DW? 8mins is way too fucking long for a "shock" reveal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:24 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The reason the Stewart/Tyrell relationship doesn't exist anymore is because now there are sponsors, shareholders and driver managers all exerting their influence over the process, and if a driver isn't ruthless sooner or later they'll get screwed over by a team and be left without a drive. Peter Windsor probably also wonders out loud why they don't race open-face helmets or smoke in the car anymore.

And if Button can tell Honda he doesn't want to drive for them anymore as he's going to Williams, and then end up staying for 5 years and winning races and a championship, anything can happen. Alpine would absolutely take Ricciardo if he comes cheap enough (Otmar's said as much), they have to value results over pride and regardless of his speed at Mclaren he was making them look good less than 2 years ago. There may be a few more hurt feelings between them and Oscar now, but again if he becomes available and they think it's their best chance to move up the pecking order they'll build a bridge.

I wouldn't call Alpine the villain here but they put themselves in a position of not having a binding contract in place with any driver for one of their seats for next year, and ignoring that error through contract season. Internally they'll be holding whoever missed that accountable rather than feeling heartbroken over some antiquated sense of loyalty.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:02 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

If this article is true, it is even more of an own goal by Alpine than I thought. They signed him to the Driver Academy, not the race team, hence there being no F1 contract.

https://racingnews365.com/revealed-why- ... ne-in-2023

Which begs the question, why?

Is it because they never intended him to race with their race team next year? By giving him testing they have sacrificed a year of racing. I know which one is more valuable especially when you are talking about a junior champion.

Why offer Alonso anything at all let alone the "option" of another year which all involved should have known was going to be rejected?

Why even offer him a reserve drive at your main competitor? (this one just baffles me from an Alpine point of view, but in hindsight was Zak's way of getting his foot in the door)

Why dilly dather with a contract if his camp said no to Williams. That SURELY was a red flag. If they were going to keep Alonso for at minimum another year, and he said no to Williams what on Earth do they think he was going to do??? It was clearly Alpine or nothing. Then McLaren offered him something.

Which all of this leads to the inevitable conclusion. If Alonso stayed, they would be in exactly the same situation. McLaren offering him a better drive than Alpine. Ultimately Alonso retiring has nothing to do with the situation that was already unfolding.

I said it before, unless Oscar and Mark deliberately mislead hoodwinked Alpine, the fault is all theirs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 10:20 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Pretty sure Alonso knew things we don´t know yet, and thought holy shit, I have got to get out of here asap! Seb, you´re leaving? Is your seat already taken? Where is my phone.
Oscar, you want my seat? No? I get you, I´ll announce after the deadline to sign you has passed so you're free too.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:53 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As if Ferrari’s year couldn’t get any worse: almost every Ferrari sold after 2005 being recalled

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:22 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh really. A 17 year recall?

Edit
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ferrari ... 2005-2022/

Kind of important to be able to stop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Oh really. A 17 year recall?

Edit
https://www.motortrend.com/news/ferrari ... 2005-2022/

Kind of important to be able to stop.

Mattia 'Nothing needs to change' Binotto was presumably locked in a cupboard while the decision was taken.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
their track blunders are so contagious that's jumping the factory wall and affecting even their road cars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm not a Ferrari guy but it hurts. Everything about Ferrari sincerely hurts to see.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:22 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I think my shit box Fiat has better reliability at this point :(

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Philthy82 wrote:
The reason the Stewart/Tyrell relationship doesn't exist anymore is because now there are sponsors, shareholders and driver managers all exerting their influence over the process, and if a driver isn't ruthless sooner or later they'll get screwed over by a team and be left without a drive. Peter Windsor probably also wonders out loud why they don't race open-face helmets or smoke in the car anymore.

And if Button can tell Honda he doesn't want to drive for them anymore as he's going to Williams, and then end up staying for 5 years and winning races and a championship, anything can happen. Alpine would absolutely take Ricciardo if he comes cheap enough (Otmar's said as much), they have to value results over pride and regardless of his speed at Mclaren he was making them look good less than 2 years ago. There may be a few more hurt feelings between them and Oscar now, but again if he becomes available and they think it's their best chance to move up the pecking order they'll build a bridge.

I wouldn't call Alpine the villain here but they put themselves in a position of not having a binding contract in place with any driver for one of their seats for next year, and ignoring that error through contract season. Internally they'll be holding whoever missed that accountable rather than feeling heartbroken over some antiquated sense of loyalty.

PW specifically mentioned alpine having a contract with piastri (whether with the f1 team or driver academy doesn't matter, it's still a legally binding contract) to put him in either their car or williams' for 23. it's alpine's option to do so either way, so if the contract exists alpine is totally justified in expecting piastri to drive for them, -and this is the point PW was making- especially after investing so much into him and making his career even possible. as uncharacteristic as it is for alpine/renault, it doesn't seem like they dropped the ball on this one

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:52 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Dutch singer Floor Jansen will sing the Dutch national anthem during the Dutch GP.
You might know her from the band nightwish.

Also check this performance: https://youtu.be/plCScjvDOJM

It’s summer break so boring news time

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
I'm not a Ferrari guy but it hurts. Everything about Ferrari sincerely hurts to see.

I bet if Stephen Hawkins was still alive even he couldn’t work out Ferraris strategies….

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:31 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It shows how important strategy is. Having a fast car is not enough. Kind of pity though, we should have the fastest cars and the fastest drivers fighting each other and in a way we get that, but without smart people on the pitwall you're still nowhere.

F1 should do at least one race per season where the drivers get in the car, put their helmets on and from then on they are on their own, see you in 90 minutes. Drive close to the pitwall to indicate you'll be coming in the next lap, open visor in the pits and shout hard, medium or softs, and continue.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:35 pm 
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel
Isnt CCTV a Chinese television channel

micha wrote:
Dutch singer Floor Jansen will sing the Dutch national anthem during the Dutch GP.

Floor is amazing! Big fan! And most likely the most exciting 2 minutes of the GP broadcast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

it'll be very funny if they plan that to be a big show in honor of Jos jr and Hamilton ends up winning

pretty much like when Senna had a small scruff with Nakajima and Prost ended up winning at Interlagos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:08 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Beezle wrote:
micha wrote:

Floor is amazing! Big fan! And most likely the most exciting 2 minutes of the GP broadcast.

First ground effect and now this singer, Another improvement to the 2022 season just by focusing on a floor

Sorry

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:05 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

1) True.

2) For him to be this candid probably means that the application to be a new team has failed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

that is quite obvious when the stewards started taking victories away from Ferrari in favour of Mercedes

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2490 posts ]  Go to page Previous 184 85 86 87 88125 Next