TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:45 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 522 Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
:( Congratulations Max Verstappen, winner of the (dry) 2020 Austrian Grand Prix and 2020 World Drivers Championship

:whistling:

Makes me think that this year more than ever, you do want to be ahead in the standings. This season could stop abruptly after any race now, or rounds can go missing. Each victory matters.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 pm 

Metzo wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Yeah F1 needs to go to more short circuits. Another Tilke obsession I don't understand is how long all of his tracks are

you know that tilke's clients decide how long their track should have to be?

5 kms has been coalculated as the ultimate bolance of how often sponsors are visualised on tv, from which camera angles. If you chexl al the tracks the differemce in length is minimsl..that shows you the exactness of the calculation..its like Tilkes aural golden ratio of pitagora...
Also, asphalat runoffs have been projected to allow cars to stay om track without retirement so that the sponsores stay visible until the end of the race...
You can tell somethinh from one person that compares itself to Phidias and Pitagora..
Ok Tilke has people that tell him what to do ok, but so did the germans in the 30s..not an excuse..and Nuremberg is so close to Norisring..

People say eh...tilke is not to blame, its the rules etc...but Jaeno Zaffelli abides to the same rules...Portimao is grade 1...Termas del Rio Hondo is fantasvasti.. so being a moderm tracks ut a nice one is possible.. Tilke should design cat litter boxes but he would take all the sand out of it and fill with asphalat..and cats of honour would erefuse shitting in it.
Or rather, do the opposite, tale the cat poo out of tge cat litter boxx and put on the oytside of corners..that would slow the cars down.
People say eh safety eh...go and ask Salom's parents what think they of asphalat runoffs..go..
Hopefully the door of his house (Tilke, not Saloom) is asphalted too so he cant get out

So yes, also shorter circuits would be nice! Not necessary 5 kms, also 4.90 is good.
Good thing Tilke was not redesigning Zandvooort, Holland is already miserable landscape as it is.
:flag:

Last edited by MagioBelicke on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:08 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

deggis wrote:
Metzo wrote:
Schumifan wrote:
Yeah F1 needs to go to more short circuits. Another Tilke obsession I don't understand is how long all of his tracks are

More or less imposed by FIA's grade 1 guidelines.

Yeah, I find most permanent Tilke circuits as bland as the next TBK member but the big issue is the regs for new circuits, along with associated costs, although from what I know, Alex Wurz is trying to do something a little different with his company

I'd say this much - with Zandvoort rejoining the calendar and a potential chance this year for Mugello and Portimao to make an impression, I'm hopeful that we're going to see a slight shift in policy. If the FIA could tweak the regs, that would be great. But then we haven't had a new proper Tilkedrome for several years anyway - the most recent new circuits have mostly been urban circuits anyway (Sochi, Baku, Hanoi). Austin was the last brand new purpose-built circuit to be added to the calendar, and since then, we've seen Sepang, Yeongam, Buddh and Hockenheim all drop off the calendar. The only proper Tilkedromes on the calendar now are Sakhir, Shanghai and Abu Dhabi (plus Spielberg which was a revamped circuit)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:23 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Fabs wrote:
No rain

at this point, I wonder if NASCAR bought all of F1's chances to get rained on over the last 3 years

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:12 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Coldtyre wrote:
codename_47 wrote:
:( Congratulations Max Verstappen, winner of the (dry) 2020 Austrian Grand Prix and 2020 World Drivers Championship

Makes me think that this year more than ever, you do want to be ahead in the standings. This season could stop abruptly after any race now, or rounds can go missing. Each victory matters.

What we've learnt from double header races in NASCAR, Supercars and Indycar, among others is, if they run to the same rules and are both dry, you're gonna get the same winner.

Max'll win the first 2 races then will be hunted down over the rest of the season.

But he might have a shot if he can finish 3rd a lot

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Coldtyre wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Which means there will be much more pressure on the teams/drivers.

Which means Vettel will have some big crashes and (maybe) end the season with 5 points or something. :excited:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 1:16 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

iks wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

Which means there will be much more pressure on the teams/drivers.

Which means Vettel will have some big crashes and (maybe) end the season with 5 points or something. :excited:

Vettel mistakes lol

So 2019 man

He's gonna be a new driver this year and go into retirement with style, fighting max to the wire and making zero mistakes

2nd best driver 2020 Sebastien Vettel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
What we've learnt from double header races in NASCAR, Supercars and Indycar, among others is, if they run to the same rules and are both dry, you're gonna get the same winner.

Yeah I am a bit worried about that, the standings in general wouldn't move much.

All the silly ideas we've heard about grids, qualifying, starting orders would've been more than welcome for this sort of event. Or at least, no qualifying for the second race, make it a short practice of an hour and let them start in the same order as the previous race if they're not keen on mixing things up. Letting them practice fully again will only further confirm the natural positions as per each team's pace.

But let's be positive. If the leaders are close in pace, it just means that we will get twice the battles, and a chance at getting back at each other! Imagine last year's Leclerc/Verstappen, featuring a "back with a vengeance" part a week later :8:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:50 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I wonder how the Euro ban on people from the US will affect F1 particularly Hass? Will they be deemed able to be in Europe if they are already there, but if leave and then try to return then won't be allowed back in? Or are they allowed for work purposes? I haven't seen anything mentioned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

MagioBelicke wrote:
Metzo wrote:
Schumifan wrote:

5 kms has been coalculated as the ultimate bolance of how often sponsors are visualised on tv, from which camera angles. If you chexl al the tracks the differemce in length is minimsl..that shows you the exactness of the calculation..its like Tilkes aural golden ratio of pitagora...
Also, asphalat runoffs have been projected to allow cars to stay om track without retirement so that the sponsores stay visible until the end of the race...
You can tell somethinh from one person that compares itself to Phidias and Pitagora..
Ok Tilke has people that tell him what to do ok, but so did the germans in the 30s..not an excuse..and Nuremberg is so close to Norisring..

People say eh...tilke is not to blame, its the rules etc...but Jaeno Zaffelli abides to the same rules...Portimao is grade 1...Termas del Rio Hondo is fantasvasti.. so being a moderm tracks ut a nice one is possible.. Tilke should design cat litter boxes but he would take all the sand out of it and fill with asphalat..and cats of honour would erefuse shitting in it.
Or rather, do the opposite, tale the cat poo out of tge cat litter boxx and put on the oytside of corners..that would slow the cars down.
People say eh safety eh...go and ask Salom's parents what think they of asphalat runoffs..go..
Hopefully the door of his house (Tilke, not Saloom) is asphalted too so he cant get out

So yes, also shorter circuits would be nice! Not necessary 5 kms, also 4.90 is good.
Good thing Tilke was not redesigning Zandvooort, Holland is already miserable landscape as it is.
:flag:

Dude, I'm trying to understand what you are saying, I really do. But it's not easy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
racer612008 wrote:
Fabs wrote:
No rain

at this point, I wonder if NASCAR bought all of F1's chances to get rained on over the last 3 years

RainKiller 3000™ (patented by Max Mosley) is picking all the potential rain from F1 venues and sending to America oval tracks to double the fun killing races

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
NVirkkula wrote:
Ah, that explains. Why didn't the drivers just be honest and say that they don't like Toto then?

I guess nobody likes Toto, apart from Susie for obvious reasons and Bottas, because he's his employer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:25 pm 

Anyway, Formula Oooooooonnnnnee

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Checo posted earlier on the COVID testing he had to do to be cleared for the race.

Well... a bit tough I'd say
https://www.facebook.com/sergioperezf1/ ... 6372768043

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:46 am 
Official TBK Rain Predictor

In typical F1 fashion it looks like tomorrow could be a washout.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:37 pm 

But not this weekend so no worries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:11 am 

As an aside, I wrote a blog article on the greatest Austrian GP: https://historseye.wordpress.com/2020/0 ... rand-prix/. It seems black cars have a good record in Spielberg!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:25 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Fabs wrote:
Ferrari will hardly make it into Q3 lol
That's the truth! Time for another secret settlement with the FIA! Sigh...
Eddington mains wrote:
FiatFan83 wrote:
Eddington mains wrote:

:Snigger
It seems bigger than any of his competitors, but maybe that's just a myth...

I do feel its an unproven stereotype!!
Excuse me while I go off and conduct research on the topic...for science of course ;)

Sent from my One Max using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Eddington mains wrote:
FiatFan83 wrote:
Eddington mains wrote:

:Snigger
It seems bigger than any of his competitors, but maybe that's just a myth...

I do feel its an unproven stereotype!!

:8:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 421 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 522 Next