TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19113 Next
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
in conclusion, women in F1 shouldn't be posing in front of the cars, but inside of one driving it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:45 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
in conclusion, women in F1 shouldn't be posing in front of the cars, but inside of one driving it

Or just doing whatever the hell they want, which also applies to the companies that employed them.

If F1 doesn't want grid girls anymore, then that's it, it's a business decision made by an enterprise that's developing changes to a stagnant and/or dying product. There's plenty more motorsport events that have them and other types of events where the girls can be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Gabriel wrote:
Can the season start already?

For fucks sake.

Look on the bright side! The 2017 RDT didn't have 17 pages this soon :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
wait until they unveil the new cars

"well, the livery is good, but the halo kills the harmonic lines 0/10"

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:31 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So we had what, 11 or 12 pages before the Grid Girl ban, over at least a month... Now we've had 5 pages of bitching, with sparse commentary on the start time change, in a little over 2 days...

No point to this remark other that for some odd reason, I find it amusing.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:59 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Ian-S wrote:
Subject: 2018 (RIP) F1 Random Discussion Thread

Philthy82 wrote:
Ian-S wrote:
You guys all patting yourself on the backs for taking the moral high ground while still viewing a forum that has a popular thread titled "The Hot Babes thread" are part of the problem, grow a pair, keep this up and it won't be long before your self obsessed guilt over things you shouldn't feel guilty at has made it illegal to even look at a women.

The fact you can't see the difference between those two things probably explains why when something like this happens you think it's PC gone mad and the end of gender. One is promoting a clear discrepancy between what men are good for and what women are good for in a sport that wants to appeal to both men and women. That's not political correctness, that's just business sense. The other is a message forum post. If the TBK hot babes thread ends up becoming an international business with significant media exposure, then you'll have a point.

Typical response I expected since I didn't say any of that, let me repeat just incase you're having trouble understanding, I said that it was ironic that all you guys were so proud of yourself for taking a stand, whilst also viewing a forum with a thread named 'hot babes thread'.

Your response of making links not inferred and jumping to conclusions is about what I'd expect, you even parroted the cookie cutter "yes but it's not the same thing" response that so many movements use now when they hear something they don't like, yet you totally ignore the inconsistency of what I said because "looking at grid girls and looking at the hot babes thread' isn't the same thing.

Who comes to TBK for the hot babes thread?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:37 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ptclaus98 wrote:

we have a hot babes thread?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 8:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

trout wrote:
ptclaus98 wrote:

we have a hot babes thread?

Yes. And I'm pretty sure the beat off thread still exists as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

westracing01 wrote:
So we had what, 11 or 12 pages before the Grid Girl ban, over at least a month... Now we've had 5 pages of bitching, with sparse commentary on the start time change, in a little over 2 days...

No point to this remark other that for some odd reason, I find it amusing.

Given the fact that F1 released a statement on the matter, rather than simply silently making the grid girls disappear, I have a feeling they intended to spark this kind of reaction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:45 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Yeah, a good bit of publicity for a dark month where nothing noteworthy happend.

Liberty know how to play the game

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:22 am 
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.
There are number of people who complain about certain drivers.

BBC has quoted a darts walk-on girl who said that this job accounted for 60% of her income so I guess it's more important part of a model's resume that people think here.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:35 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Sky also has a piece written by a BSB one expressing similar sentiment.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:26 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Has anyone here been made redundant or had the threat of redundancy? I know I have. It happens in all industries when companies realign certain things, consolidate roles and responsibilities, and so on. It’s not fun. It’s a shitty situation. This is no different. So why are we giving this more attention?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:36 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Because some people want to bitch about feminism and gawk at pretty girls on grids?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

kals wrote:
Has anyone here been made redundant or had the threat of redundancy? I know I have. It happens in all industries when companies realign certain things, consolidate roles and responsibilities, and so on. It’s not fun. It’s a shitty situation. This is no different. So why are we giving this more attention?
I was made redundant about 8 years ago when the company I worked for went best. Shit sucked; wages owed weren't paid and, well, I didn't have a job!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Neil wrote:
kals wrote:
I was made redundant about 8 years ago when the company I worked for went best. Shit sucked; wages owed weren't paid and, well, I didn't have a job!

Sorry you had to go through that. Happened to me also, and happened to a lot of friends as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:12 am 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

kals wrote:
Neil wrote:
kals wrote:

Sorry you had to go through that. Happened to me also, and happened to a lot of friends as well.

Cheers. I was lucky in that I was able to go almost straight back to my old job, despite having been out of it for just under a year.

Hope it didn't take you too long to find work. There's something about being unemployed that, to me at least, feels quite shaming.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
Neil wrote:
kals wrote:

Same, and sorry to you both. I would point out that none of us would have said we were banned - this whole thing has been framed in a really weird way that no-one would apply to other situations like this.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:

I did. 2 weeks before my wife was to give birth to our first child. Our entire department only had 2 weeks notice. That was a pretty shit situation. Luckily I found work a couple of weeks after the birth...but meant I had a 2 and half hour commute one way, having to be up at 5:30 am.

I'm sure these ladies will pick up work. If they however are grid girls at all the races then yeah, that would be hard to replace.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:04 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The difference between being made redundant and what has happened to the grid girls is being made redundant is usually due to financial reasons or your company going bust, the grid girls are a political decision to appease the vocal minority who got offended on the girls behalf, even though it's quiet clear if you read /speak to them they neither felt objectified or exploited.

If of course Liberty have got rid of them for other reasons, then that's a whole other can of worms they don't want to open.

If Liberty wanted to appease both sides, they should have left the decision up to the circuits, then made a decision after a set period about how to proceed, but Liberty didn't do that. Will be interesting to see if MotoGP/BSB/WTCC/BTCC follow the example or whether they follow the approach of some darts promotors who've told their Governing body to go fuck themselves and they'll only stop using walk on girls when the Government deem it illegal.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2255 posts ]  Go to page Previous 115 16 17 18 19113 Next