It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 6:43 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:27 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

NVirkkula wrote:
Justin Time wrote:
What on earth are you finish people smoking, birch leaves? :D

No hard feelings, it's just a bit boring when the emotions aren't displayed. I totally get the finish mentality and I do admire it for its efficiency and integrity, but there's got to be a link to the highest suicide rate right there. Just compare the images after qualy with the images today. A jumping around Seb spreads much more emotion and Love and joy and atmosphere than a nod. I get it, I don't criticize it, i just can't get excited about it.

But I really did like your post :D

No, no, no. We don't smoke birch leaves. We take xylitol from birch sap and put it in our bubble gum. :lol:

And no hard feelings of course, it's a good point to refer to suicides, but in the 90's we had the great depression and it has more in to those statistics than our mentality in general. It's not that we are hiding our true emotions, we just keep our candel under the bushel and share it in a way that seems weird for other people. In general Finns just want to do things and not talk about it that much. Kinda like the opposite compared to Swedes...or rest of the world. If you've tried My Summer Car game, it's not actually lacking features or storyline. It's 1995 in Finland countryside! There is no storyline! Or actually there is, you are in Finland, during summer and you have a summer car project. You only meet other people when you need something (like food, money or service). Make no mistake, the game is not lacking anything and it's very enjoyable. You go back to the year of first ice hockey world championship and enjoy the silence of the countryside. Warm up the sauna, drink beer and eat sausage. What else do you need? Ok, I'm from Arctic Circle, so there should be more mosquitos and there should be midnight sun and occasional snowing, but hey, it's only a game.

So thanks for the compliments, I'm writing of course with a bit of a tongue on a cheek and I stereotype Finns just a bit. We are simple people, we enjoy nice things. Sure we kinda invented few amazing things during these first hundred years as an independent nation, had few wars but rebuild the country and we've won basically every important sports there is. But deep down Finns are nice and maybe a bit on introvert side. But once we win ice hockey world championship (or the olympics sometime soon), you see the real emotions. Even better if we beat Sweden in the finals. Sorry, Jacob, but you know how it is. :mrgreen:

Also, it's very nice to be a stereotypical Finn. You don't need to have work-personality or other personalities. Just watch F1, Rally and Ice Hockey and drink beer and eat sausage. :lol:

Fucking Finns, where do they get off being so racist to the Finnish? :? :yuk:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
the finns only act like genuine finns when they turn the bottle upside down into their mouths

after the first sip is all celebration

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

NVirkkula wrote:
Justin Time wrote:

No hard feelings, it's just a bit boring when the emotions aren't displayed. I totally get the finish mentality and I do admire it for its efficiency and integrity, but there's got to be a link to the highest suicide rate right there. Just compare the images after qualy with the images today. A jumping around Seb spreads much more emotion and Love and joy and atmosphere than a nod. I get it, I don't criticize it, i just can't get excited about it.

No, no, no. We don't smoke birch leaves. We take xylitol from birch sap and put it in our bubble gum. :lol:

And no hard feelings of course, it's a good point to refer to suicides, but in the 90's we had the great depression and it has more in to those statistics than our mentality in general. It's not that we are hiding our true emotions, we just keep our candel under the bushel and share it in a way that seems weird for other people. In general Finns just want to do things and not talk about it that much. Kinda like the opposite compared to Swedes...or rest of the world. If you've tried My Summer Car game, it's not actually lacking features or storyline. It's 1995 in Finland countryside! There is no storyline! Or actually there is, you are in Finland, during summer and you have a summer car project. You only meet other people when you need something (like food, money or service). Make no mistake, the game is not lacking anything and it's very enjoyable. You go back to the year of first ice hockey world championship and enjoy the silence of the countryside. Warm up the sauna, drink beer and eat sausage. What else do you need? Ok, I'm from Arctic Circle, so there should be more mosquitos and there should be midnight sun and occasional snowing, but hey, it's only a game.

So thanks for the compliments, I'm writing of course with a bit of a tongue on a cheek and I stereotype Finns just a bit. We are simple people, we enjoy nice things. Sure we kinda invented few amazing things during these first hundred years as an independent nation, had few wars but rebuild the country and we've won basically every important sports there is. But deep down Finns are nice and maybe a bit on introvert side. But once we win ice hockey world championship (or the olympics sometime soon), you see the real emotions. Even better if we beat Sweden in the finals. Sorry, Jacob, but you know how it is. :mrgreen:

Also, it's very nice to be a stereotypical Finn. You don't need to have work-personality or other personalities. Just watch F1, Rally and Ice Hockey and drink beer and eat sausage. :lol:

Man, My Summer Car is pretty difficult but very entertaining. Honestly, 1990s Finland seems like a near-paradise to me (not basing that solely on M.S.C. :p )...and even today if you don't live in Helsinki, Tampere, or some of the other bigger cities. There's also a lot of good metal bands from Finland, especially Rovaniemi at 66.6N. :p

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

So I know I've seen this race before, but I've never noticed how beautiful it is around the racetrack. I haven't been that taken aback since the first time I saw Imolas surroundings.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:01 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

iks wrote:
NVirkkula wrote:
Justin Time wrote:

Man, My Summer Car is pretty difficult but very entertaining. Honestly, 1990s Finland seems like a near-paradise to me (not basing that solely on M.S.C. :p )...and even today if you don't live in Helsinki, Tampere, or some of the other bigger cities. There's also a lot of good metal bands from Finland, especially Rovaniemi at 66.6N. :p

Wait, what? Holy hell! I've been living in Rovaniemi for nearly twelve years not knowing that I'm living on the 66.6N longitude! That's going to be a bumper sticker on my Rock'n'Roll Hellvrolet, right next to the Ace of Spades card sticker! Thanks @
iks
!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 pm 
This place is Purile and Childish
This place is Purile and Childish

NVirkkula wrote:
You only meet other people when you need something [...] and enjoy the silence of the countryside.

My favourite pastime when I spent a summer in Finland was to take the bus from the outskirts of Helsinki to the city centre and spend the whole time looking at people dead in the eye.
You could feel the terror and panic in their eyes, they had no idea how to react to it, it was so funny.

The Finns are the funniest people on Earth though. It's like you don't talk from Monday 9am to Friday 5pm, and after that time and a couple double-vodkas, you just become the funniest talkative motherfuckers around.
Gee do I miss it.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:06 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Talladega wrote:
My favourite pastime when I spent a summer in Finland was to take the bus from the outskirts of Helsinki to the city centre and spend the whole time looking at people dead in the eye.
You could feel the terror and panic in their eyes, they had no idea how to react to it, it was so funny.

Oh, you are just plain evil! Messing with people's heads like that, shame on you. Let me guess, you probably sit next to someone in the bus and started talking too?

Talladega wrote:
The Finns are the funniest people on Earth though. It's like you don't talk from Monday 9am to Friday 5pm, and after that time and a couple double-vodkas, you just become the funniest talkative motherfuckers around.
Gee do I miss it.

Yeah, you got that right. Probably because we don't spend the whole week running our mouths about economics and weather, we spare some brain capacity to make the most out of the weekends.