TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 11:05 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7141 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:19 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Wasn't the actual conversation something like:

Ken : Are you OK?
MB : Yes, just let's keep moving.
Ken : OK then.
MB : Ken...
Ken : Yes?
MB : When I leave the stall, do I turn left or right?
Ken : You're done for the day, Martin.

Worth to mention the Brazil 1994 where he got probably one of the heaviest hits to the head in the history of sports, yet walked away. Felt down few times on his way to the pits, had his briefing and flew of to the UK. Only went to see the doctor because the family said he doesn't seem to be ok. Still raced in the next GP weekend.

He must be a robot. Or the black knight from the Monthy Python.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

SFM wrote:
Jerom wrote:
Tobias wrote:
has anyone of you attended the Barcelona F1 winter tests? How is it like?

Did it twice in 2012 and 2013 and was good fun :) Cheap entry fee, all or most of the grandstands were accessible, walking around the track when it's 17 degrees and pick a good spot to take some pictures, standing on top of the pit building while cars pass by in the pitlane, sneaking into the paddock and running into some of the drivers and team members :)

Really calm atmosphere, no where near as hectic or busy as a Grand Prix-weekend. Can totally recommend it 8) :yes:

I can completely confirm that! I went there in 2016. 10 Euro for the whole day, almost all grandstands open, even the VIP area inside of T1. Almost no people at all, many with big cameras (just like me). You can really go everywhere, see everything, get the best shots with almost no people. For 10 Euro. I said I never go to a race after I went there :mrgreen: I can definitely recommend going there!

Was it 10 euro? I thought 20. Anyway, I also went in 2016. And I loved it. Cheap tickets to Barcelona, cheap airbnb, and F1 cars the entire day. And if the cars aren't running that day, you are still in barcelona. And indeed, you can try almost every grandstand. Only downside: the 30-40 minute walk from the trainstation to the track. And when you are tired from the trackwalking, you have to go back as well.

I'm planning to go back this year, this time with my father who was jealous after my stories.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:51 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Omega wrote:
SFM wrote:
Jerom wrote:

Did it twice in 2012 and 2013 and was good fun :) Cheap entry fee, all or most of the grandstands were accessible, walking around the track when it's 17 degrees and pick a good spot to take some pictures, standing on top of the pit building while cars pass by in the pitlane, sneaking into the paddock and running into some of the drivers and team members :)

Really calm atmosphere, no where near as hectic or busy as a Grand Prix-weekend. Can totally recommend it 8) :yes:

I can completely confirm that! I went there in 2016. 10 Euro for the whole day, almost all grandstands open, even the VIP area inside of T1. Almost no people at all, many with big cameras (just like me). You can really go everywhere, see everything, get the best shots with almost no people. For 10 Euro. I said I never go to a race after I went there :mrgreen: I can definitely recommend going there!

Was it 10 euro? I thought 20. Anyway, I also went in 2016. And I loved it. Cheap tickets to Barcelona, cheap airbnb, and F1 cars the entire day. And if the cars aren't running that day, you are still in barcelona. And indeed, you can try almost every grandstand. Only downside: the 30-40 minute walk from the trainstation to the track. And when you are tired from the trackwalking, you have to go back as well.

I'm planning to go back this year, this time with my father who was jealous after my stories.

I thought we paid 20 Euro for 2 days :D

I also agree with the Barcelona factor. I travel a lot and there aren't many cities where I'd just go back without asking but Barcelona is one of them.

We took the bus from the station, very convenient and stops very close to the main grandstand, it just that you have to wait for quite a while since it isn't running that frequently. I forgot how often it runs but I'd guess every half hour.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Villeneuve lamenting modern F1:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... ck-respect

He's definitely right about this though:
Quote:
Villeneuve added there is too great an emphasis placed on technology in F1.

"Take the engine, it's beautiful technology, but it's for engineers - it shouldn't be in F1," he said.

"It doesn't bring anything.

"Take it away, it should't be there, it's crazy engineering.

"I wouldn't want it on my road car."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Why do people keep asking about his opinion? Or does he shout it loud enough till someone steps up and admits "yeah no now he knows that I heard him, I can't pretend to ignore him anymore or people will think I'm a jerk"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:34 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Because he's topicworthy. He just gives great clickbaits. Is he always on the right track? Hell no! Does he have experience of F1? Yes, he's a world champion. Sold!

I think JV knows this and sometimes just exploits the situation. Sometime he's right with what he says, but sometimes he says something utterly idiotic and still makes the headlines. Here he's half right. F1 has overly complex engine rules (or should we say power source rules, to be more precise?) but then again it helps to develop road cars. But would I want to have a Honda or Renault with KERS, ERS, DRS, FRICS, MGU-K and what ever and then try to figure it out why it stopped in the worst possible moment? No. So this time JV actually has a point.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:54 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Some of what he says is true but in his truth he's showing he's a hypocrite (I'm referring to his comments about drivers not having any respect for their competitors)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:28 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Who cares if he's right? It's not like he's saying anything we haven't heard repeatedly for the past 3 years, so why does anyone care?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:11 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I don't mind high tech engines.

But I would like to have that feeling again that they are pushed to the limit in each race and if they go 'kaboom', bad luck.

But because of the engine freeze and limited number of engines all the engineering went into making the reliable and are tuned down in each race.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

McLaren will be launching on February 24, and Sauber has confirmed Pascal Wehrlein for this season.

Claire Williams has also hinted that their driver line-up will be announced this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Someone wants Manor: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... r-for-2017

Hope it goes through.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:10 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

High tech engines should be showcased in the WEC, imagine the publicity it would get if they could say "hey this car won the 24 hour race using only 5 gallons of fuel".

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:49 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bottas confirmed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:01 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:07 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Surely this is Coulthard's year?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:42 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

dicksplaash wrote:
Surely this is Coulthard's year?

Again, no... DC just can't catch a break can he?

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.ph ... o-williams

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's all meh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Wehrlein to Sauber is great news for both! It's at least a very minor step up from the Manor (IMO) and his pace and talent should allow him to regularly compete for points more consistently. Unless of course, 2017 is nothing like last year...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Meh, this only ensures that the price for watching F1 doubles this year in Finland.
So, Vipleague for me. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Glad to see Pascal has a drive, although I would have liked to see him in a slightly better team.

Massa? Meh. Nice guy, but he already looked on the decline last season. Even if he does know the team, there are plenty of other experienced drivers who could have been up to speed in no time and a better choice.

Not sure what to see think about Bottas. Everyone seems convinced that he's going to be some kind of Rubens/Heikki, playing the perfect number two. It's possible that he could threaten Lewis on occasion.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2816 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 7141 Next