TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:04 pm 
"The Cricket"
"The Cricket"

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

It's raining.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

5 - Race was ok, but I was expecting it to be better. Had a few interesting moments though

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:19 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

First race this year I've fallen asleep during.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:38 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Who's that dumb looking bitch [next to Adrian] ?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:35 am 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

I fall asleep during every race.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

At first it was quite OK, but the director really sucked. No replay's of Ricciardo's incident, Trulli got a puncture when Petrov hit him or what ever happened to Senna at the early stages.

Also, the safety car rules needs to be changed, Kobayashi and Trulli really got screwed because of the SC period. They should have been given a lap back, but no. Stupid FIA.

Vettel really crowned the mediocre race when he lapped all the cars on the last lap, they were still somewhat fighting for the positions.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:48 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Button

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:04 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

It's his wife (afaik). :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:20 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

d'Ambrosio for having a good battle with Petrov (it's the first time this year I'm being chauvinistic :oops: )

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:31 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

No wonder Glock crashed

“Then, unfortunately, in the second sector Ricciardo drove into the rear-right of the car and from that moment my steering wheel was not straight, it was quite a lot to the right, and in all the left-hand corners the car was really difficult to drive.”

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:36 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lewis gets involved in many of these kind of incidents, I thought this time the penalty was fair, I didn't see Massa doing any wrong, it was not that it was dangerous like Massa was saying, but clearly it was Lewis' fault and ruined Massa's race.

On the other hand, it is amazing that Lewis and Michael raced lap after lap eachother in Monza, close fighting and racing, which didn't end in tears (even though it was close a few times), but in Singapore after a couple of corners they touched.

Could it be that Lewis somehow is more respectful towards someone like Schumacher?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:43 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

aerogi wrote:
Lewis gets involved in many of these kind of incidents, I thought this time the penalty was fair, I didn't see Massa doing any wrong, it was not that it was dangerous like Massa was saying, but clearly it was Lewis' fault and ruined Massa's race.

On the other hand, it is amazing that Lewis and Michael raced lap after lap eachother in Monza, close fighting and racing, which didn't end in tears (even though it was close a few times), but in Singapore after a couple of corners they touched.

Could it be that Lewis somehow is more respectful towards someone like Schumacher?

Probably more like that Schumacher is an extremely defensive driver which everyone knows, and Lewis figured out that the Mercedes had a much better top speed in Monza. He knew that he was the one to make the counting move and if something went wrong he'd probably ruin his own and Schumacher's race.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:15 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

aerogi wrote:

At least on the BBC's build-up it was mentioned that McLaren were unhappy with how long Hamilton spent behind Schumacher at Monza and wanted more aggression from Hamilton. Which is what they got at Singapore, but resulted in him damaging his wing and getting a drive through.

I don't think Hamilton can win at the moment - he gets criticised for driving a conservative race at Monza, and then he gets criticised for making aggressive moves in the following race, and earlier in the season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:20 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

He's just having a very bad season, probably his worst in F1. He's only been on the podium four times.

There seem to be a lot of things wrong for him right now, which only he can put right. Its silly errors though - he was on course for the win in Hungary then spun, made that foolish error at Spa and then that tiny mistake yesterday. Jenson is showing him how its done this season, despite having 2 race ending mechanical failures.

If the Hamilton that turned up at the Nurburgring can turn up to every race, there's a potential world champion for 2012. But that Lewis Hamilton seems to turn up far too infrequently

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:44 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think Hamilton needs to start ignoring the crtics and even his team to a degree and go back to driving with his natural instincts. Sure it has its risks, but its whats worked for him in the past and brought him success so why not revert to it. He's not going to have success trying to drive like Button one race, and Kobayashi the next.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Karan wrote:
I think Hamilton needs to start ignoring the crtics and even his team to a degree and go back to driving with his natural instincts. Sure it has its risks, but its whats worked for him in the past and brought him success so why not revert to it. He's not going to have success trying to drive like Button one race, and Kobayashi the next.

I'm not sure, when he had success in the past, overtaking was a rather obscure and rare event back then...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I think he needs to learn from the criticism. It doesn't help matters that Whitmarsh continues to insist he doesn't need to change when it clears what he is doing now isn't working at all. It's remarkable he's barely matured since 08 or so. Compare Vettel now with 09. Button now with 09. Even Alonso now with his title winning/07 self. They've all improved. Lewis has stood still which is a shame since when on form he absolutely brilliant.

People say that he is pushing because his car is poor compared to the RBR but I see both Alonso [in an even worse car] and Button driving their butts off also, both are damned good racers and neither get into half the trouble Lewis gets himself caught up in. [Button has the most overtakes this season]. Yesterday like Spa was just a silly error that could definitely have been avoided.

I get he might be frustrated the RBR is so much better but driving as he has he isn't going to take advantage of any RBR [Vettel] problems anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:11 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In the Belgian GP thread, I wrote:
There is an easy solution, though, and that is to get Anthony back involved in the running of his life.

Said it before, saying it again, will continue to say it until it actually happens.

XIX have been horrendous managers for Hamilton. They don't 'manage' in the F1 sense, they are more like football agents (although of course some footballers have family as their agents). There was no-one there with Lewis yesterday, and that is not what he needs right now, with Jenson in the process of turning McLaren into 'his' team.

Interestingly enough, most of the English newspapers appear to have taken Massa's side in this to some degree.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:29 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Vettel, managed to drive something like 12 seconds away in the distance twice, after the start and the SC period. I think he could have been way further ahead. Also credits to Kovalainen, managed to keep one Renault behind.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 906 posts ]  Go to page Previous 142 43 44 45 46 Next