TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 797 Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:32 pm 

maclauren wrote:
I just wonder if Pouhon can be taken flat out by the Red Bulls. Seems unlikely, but they did take both Campsa and Turn 8 in Istanbul flat in qualifying.

I would post just that and also include Copse.
phil1993 wrote:
The key to the weekend will be Pouhon. Everyone knows McLaren will be fast in S1 and S3 because of the long straights, whilst corners like Eau Rouge and Blanchimont will be flat out for all the top teams. If McLaren can take Pouhon flat out then they'll be the ones to beat but if they can't it'll be close. Remember that in 2009 Red Bull were much better on circuits like Silverstone etc but at Spa they weren't so great...

I think only Red Bull has a chance to go flat out there but even that is not likely imo because seeing Fisico's pole last year, he had more than 305kmh in the brazing point and took the corner at more than 275. Even if Red Bull reach the corner at less speed(let's say 300kmh), they'll have to be much quicker in the apex of the corner than last year's pole.

Eau Rouge and Blanchimont are now flat out for all cars, even for Hispania, not only the top teams because they are too open in their current shape. Another important thing is that last year RBR was also the best car in Spa although it didn't appear to be looking at the results but Vettel did a fantastic qualy time with much more fuel. Vettel's time was the second fuel corrected even with a big mistake in Stavelot. In the race Vettel's pace was the best but he got stuck in the begining of the race and Fisichella and Raikkonen ran away.
Lady Felchington wrote:
It's not just about taking corners flat or not. If Red Bull and McLaren can both take a corner flat, but there cane be a speed between taking a corner flat and taking a corner flat with not as much as grip as to dull the engine. Most teams were able to take turn 8 at Istanbul flat, even Mercedes were able to, but Red Bull were still much faster because they could maintain the speed through the corner.

Very well pointed out. Red Bulls were flat out in T8 but almost didn't lose speed while inside the corner while Kobayashi, who was also flat out there, lost quite some speed.

Last edited by Artur Craft on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Artur Craft wrote:
(...)

Can someone please replace Mattzel as main video poster this weekend? :D

Comments like this make me wonder why the hell did I waste my time over the last 6 years.
Another reason to finally retire from video posting at the end of the year :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:42 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Did I read right - they've added tarmac run-off to Les Combes to stop drivers from cutting the corner?

That is retarded

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:43 pm 
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SCH-R910 using Tapatalk

And now you see why the FIA should not hold their F1 GPs at places like Watkins Glen, Sears Point, Road America, along with plenty of other American road courses.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Echti wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
(...)

Comments like this make me wonder why the hell did I waste my time over the last 6 years.
Another reason to finally retire from video posting at the end of the year :thumbsup:

:(

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:50 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Bullshit, really, why ruining Spa more and more?! FIA :yuk:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:07 pm 

Echti wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
(...)

don't get mad. Your videos are great and a good sample of what happens in each session but you usually don't upload onboards and that's what I refered when asked someone to replace Mattzel. And as you already upload other kind of videos, I thought it would be better if someone else uploaded the onboards to not overload you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tommy Vercetti wrote:
And now you see why the FIA should not hold their F1 GPs at places like Watkins Glen, Sears Point, Road America, along with plenty of other American road courses.

THIS X 1000!!! They shant be butchering any of our good tracks... That's what Austin's for.

I'm insert Road Atlanta and VIR into the list of kickass tracks TV mentioned.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:26 pm 

phil1993 wrote:
As compensation for the tarmac, they should put mines underneath the runoff so that when Yamamoto runs off, he explodes

LOL ROFL :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm 
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod
Power-Hungry Shithead Mod

Echti wrote:
Artur Craft wrote:
(...)

Can you please stop whining? So what if someone else does videos. Don't be deterred. I'm sure plenty of people like your videos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Man, let's make a petition (or whatever it's called that with a lot of signs) for they stop ruining all these tracks. Gravel is part of the game. At least to keep Suzuka gravel alive then.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:07 pm 

Yes, online petitions always make a difference...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

They tend to ignore the F1 Racing survey so you'd think they'd listen to a petition?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Slam wrote:
I think they should bring back over-sized polystyrene blocks in run-off areas. I'm thinking Emanuele Pirro, Hockenheim 1989 stylee.

I think Pirro was actually slightly concussed in that crash.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Joe A wrote:

Can you please stop whining? So what if someone else does videos. Don't be deterred. I'm sure plenty of people like your videos.

It has nothing to do with whining, it's a fact. I'm the only one who is regularly posting F1 videos from every qualifying and race since 2004 (!) (never missed race since then) and every practice session since 2007, don't you think I deserve a little bit more respect?? Comments like the one above just increase the level of frustration that is building up over months now. I spend a lot of time of my very busy life in capturing videos and uploading them, pay a shitload of money for my webspace to ensure a stable and fast download speed but nobody gives a damn. I posted HD videos at the beginning of the year but nobody gave a damn, so I stopped it. The download rate of my videos has never been so low as it is this year. No wonder actually, videowise it has basically turned into a one man show.
But why am I still doing this?? I don't know...just finish the season and then it'll be over.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

im only interested in onboard lap videos, or some big crashes and FOM highlights i never download all the spins, run offs... just onboard laps, good battles for position or big crashes, i always say thankyou to the uploader cuz i know that its hard work - it takes a lot of time to upload that while you could be doing something else

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:39 pm 

Bleu wrote:
Slam wrote:
I think they should bring back over-sized polystyrene blocks in run-off areas. I'm thinking Emanuele Pirro, Hockenheim 1989 stylee.

I think Pirro was actually slightly concussed in that crash.

Until that crash happened I always thought the blocks were made of concrete. So anyone who thinks that they are possibly the biggest retard on the forum, I invite you to reconsider.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:51 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Look Echti, i, like many other members here, really appreciate your work even if i'm not always thanking you for it.
For your lack of download thing, i'd be one of the persons who's not downloading (or very rarely) anymore, i've moved on, i got new priorities in my life.
Also, i'm a bit surprised when you complain about the effort you were making to upload your videos. It's a forum and it's written nowhere that Echti has to upload every races of every week-end to make his already "very busy life" worse. You're supposed to do that in your free time and for your own pleasure, in the first place.
So, i'm a a bit disappointed by this reaction.
But by the sound of your comment, you should move on too, i guess uploading videos is good for a time, then you have to hand it over to someone else.
It's my opinion anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 pm 

Ecthi, I support your decision. :thumbsup:
If you spent too much time and money on it, it's better for you to enjoy your free time instead of uploading videos, although I'll miss them a lot. Thanks a lot for all those years!

Where do you think FI can get this weekend?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:38 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

Echti djeez, don't be such a dramaqueen. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 1925 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 797 Next