TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 7:34 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

What will his penalty, if any, for his incident with Barichello at Hungary?
Nothing 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Fine and or reprimand 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
10 place grid penalty for next race 40%  40%  [ 17 ]
Ban for 1 race 14%  14%  [ 6 ]
Ban for 2 or more races 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
Banned for life. 23%  23%  [ 10 ]
Total votes: 43
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

tommy84 wrote:
If I was Michael I would race in sportscars for Audi. He has won everything in F1, but didn't make it at Le Mans in his Mercedes Junior days. He was by far the fastest driver at night back in 1991

Le Mans overall would be a huge thing in his CV despite his all-time record 7 F1 WDC titles

Jacky Ickx, Derek Bell, Tom Kristensen - there must a line saying "Michael Schumacher" as well

But on the other hand - what he did wrong was riding in the German Superbike Championship. He would have found a new challenge if he'd started in the Supersport 600 class before

He's scared of sportscars. Big crashes and whatnot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:52 pm 

Artur Craft wrote:
Scarsurfing just pointed out what I think is the biggest problem for Michael. The reflexes of a person decrease with age and this is very well known.

His starts this year are at least very good, so IMO reaction time is not a problem here.

Artur Craft wrote:
Reading stuff about Alzheimer's disease I found out that people who read a lot have much less chance of getting the brain affected because of the stimulus the act of reading brings and I imagine this can also happen to the reflexes. Barrichelo, as an example, is also aged but because he never stopped with top competition, he kept his brain stimulated regarding velocity of reaction(reflexes), Michael didn't.

I reckon the 3 years without strong stimulus made him lose forever some speed in reacting to the car's behavior.

Again, problem is IMO in car feeling or/and it's setup and behaviour. Maybe he needs more time to get grips with new spec cars, and it's obviously natural when testing possibilities are clearly limited.
So mileage and more mileage is a key to unleash Michael's full performance.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:14 pm 

Yeah, his starts are quite good and that would contradicts my point, at first sight. But good starts are not only due to reaction time, it also involves engine mapping and experience in positioning the car in the better places once the cars are moving.

If the problem isn't reaction, then Michael will fall a lot in my consideraton because I used to think that he(the previous Schummy) would be way faster than Rosberg in any type of car: understeery, oversteery or more neutral.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:00 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Schumi is still a very good driver, but with a crap car he cant do nothing, its simple - its F1

without a car ur nothing, he will win but he must have a good car

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 am 

but he's been beaten by Rosberg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:23 am 

Let's just say like in the past race, Rosberg was on par with him, indicating that MS has pace, but lacking a car that suits his style. Barcelona is another fine example of what would happen to a driver by not having a suitable car.

And good starts are not only about reaction time. It is about the experience on where to put the car before, in and after the first corner, another indication of how solid he would be when he has a car that's not understeering too much.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Artur Craft wrote:
but he's been beaten by Rosberg

He likes a car the is pointy and has sensitive steering that gives the oversteer effect but still has grip. Montoya was a fan of that too.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

His move on Barrichello today proved Schu still has his fighting spirit from years ago. The fighting spirit he was hated for by many. Really, if driving people in the wall is all that is left behind after his comeback, he can go now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:04 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

im going with Pure Genius because it's obvious his sole intention of coming back was to make TBK and atlasf1 go insane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:05 pm 

Even a 7 times World Champion can't beat entropy. He may still got the will, the fighting spirit, the killer eye of a champion but bit by bit he's losing the right stuff, and unfortunately it seems the bad habits will be the last to go... I would have voted yes at the start of the season as I was totally cheering him and being supportive (eventhough I've never been a fan) but not anymore. At least, and I'm not being sarcastic by saying that, he still knows how to give those arrogant in a funny way answers to controversial matters like his blocking move on Barrichello today.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

michael schumacher has lost a step and is effectively ralf schumacher

ralf schumacher has lost a step and is effectively zsolt baumgartner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:06 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

i feel like that is a great comparision

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:11 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

As a Webber fan, I feel honoured that he is clearly now trying to out-Webber Webber

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:11 pm 

move today wasn't really clever, if that continious...hmm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:41 pm 

Shakads wrote:
Even a 7 times World Champion can't beat entropy.

Nico would be a start.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:03 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I think in a situation he and the whole team is in you'll try everything. Remember, Rubens and Michael were fighting for 1 (!) championship point.
Michael Schumacher scored 4 points out of the last 5 races. This is ridiculous.
The car can be thrown in the trash can; they can't get the tyres to work, strategy mistakes are made, car setup is wrong and so forth. The list is so damn long.
It went downhill from Montreal, he can't even manage to get into the top 10 during qualifying. And this is certainly not because of the driver.
It must be incredibly frustrating to see that your car has no pace at all and you're fighting for a couple of points and then there is a driver coming from behind who is 4 seconds faster than you and desperate defending is the only thing you can do.

I start to feel sorry for Michael to be honest.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:24 pm 

Before I didn't accepted the car as excuse but looking into last year when Fisichella was very fast in the Force India and in the following week was ridicolous at Ferrari, it really shows how a driver can be totally lost with a specific car. I doubt Kimi would beat Fisichella in the FI, but at best he would be 2 tenths faster, while in Ferrari Fisichella was seconds slower.

Woudn't be surprised if in a Ferrari 2006 car, even the nowadays Schumacher would put a big margin on Rosberg, although this "test" will, obviously, never happen. As a Schumi fan it's getting annoying to see him like this and the most frustrating part is that I don't know if the Brackley team can make the Mercedes 2011 a good car for Michael.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:57 am 
Artur Craft wrote:
Before I didn't accepted the car as excuse but looking into last year when Fisichella was very fast in the Force India and in the following week was ridicolous at Ferrari, it really shows how a driver can be totally lost with a specific car. I doubt Kimi would beat Fisichella in the FI, but at best he would be 2 tenths faster, while in Ferrari Fisichella was seconds slower.

Woudn't be surprised if in a Ferrari 2006 car, even the nowadays Schumacher would put a big margin on Rosberg, although this "test" will, obviously, never happen. As a Schumi fan it's getting annoying to see him like this and the most frustrating part is that I don't know if the Brackley team can make the Mercedes 2011 a good car for Michael.

I'm also starting to worry about the 2011 car. Especially since it will be a lottery in terms of designing the car and matching it with new tyres.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:07 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

One thing that could work in their favour is that the Pirelli test driver will be a certain Mr N. Heidfeld.

But yeah, bad times at the moment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:12 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Im surprised other teams aren't complaining about Nick being the test driver? Giving Mercedes a possible advantage?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next