TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 Next
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:58 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

yep, that's a good point, even though I dislike characters like Vettel and Hamilton, F1 needs them!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 4:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Wow. You guys know that you can simultaneously:

- Express sympathy for a fallen hero that was terribly unlucky,
- Admire the talented champion that beat him,
- Dislike/disregard some traits of said champion's personal life/beliefs,
- Dislike/disregard his associations with recognized (like it or not) stars of the show-biz.

All at the same time!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:05 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't like Lewis because I've met both him and his father, and they both have this crazy diva style sense of entitlement, his skin color has nothing to do with it, I dislike the Chilton brothers for the same reasons. However I rather enjoyed seeing him win today.

You people do realise pulling the race card every time you come across someone who doesn't like your chosen love is going to backfire on you eventually?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:16 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

2nd half was so overwhelmingly dissappointing. I thought all the different tyres the drivers were on was going to cause some sort of mayhem with around 15 laps to go and then the purple ones on very fresh purple tyres fighting against the supersofts or softs...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:19 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Daniil Kvyat moves to the top of the championship...

...of penalty points.

KVY - 7
ERI - 6
VES - 6
BOT - 6
GRO - 4
HUL - 4
WEH - 4
VET - 3
RAI - 3
(MAL - 3)
HAM - 2
NAS - 2
ALO - 2
HAR - 2
SAI - 2
GUT - 2
MAG - 2

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:30 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ian-S wrote:
I don't like Lewis because I've met both him and his father, and they both have this crazy diva style sense of entitlement, his skin color has nothing to do with it, I dislike the Chilton brothers for the same reasons. However I rather enjoyed seeing him win today.

You people do realise pulling the race card every time you come across someone who doesn't like your chosen love is going to backfire on you eventually?

It's been one guy lets not overreact.

This is why I feel I'm fortunate in not giving 2 shits about the drivers outside of the racetrack.
Lewis is the best overtaker on the grid (tho max is going to take that from him soon) and one of the bravest, whatever he gets up to outside the car is no concern of mine, it's his in car performances I judge him on

Same with Nico, but Nico has never managed that "wow" factor that lewis has. He's just a competent driver who can be relied on to bring the car home, which when he's driving the best car on the grid means wins when things go wrong for lewis.
But days like today he just vanishes and makes you wonder if he is champion material at all.

So no, we're not racists. We're racings....:p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't over react, dam it man, stop it! LOL

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 5:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Hamilton would be a true winner if he gave Bieber lead shoes and throwed him into the sea

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:23 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
Lewis is starting to use that religion card that Senna used after 1988 Monaco qualifying

the man wants to let go off Senna, but the kid won't let him do it

Is it too late now to say I'm sorry...

Yeah the religion card was a bit excessive there in his post race podium interview to Brundle. I understand he's very pleased with himself after a much needed win, rightfully so. But ease up on the blessed, prayed, God etc. card man...

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:25 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

What can you say about poor Danny Ric? That's two races in a row now that the team thwarted his chances to win. The frustration is completely understandable but he might want to keep that extreme bitterness behind closed doors in the team debrief. To quote Martin Brundle...stop moaning.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:26 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lewis has always been a divisive character and in the past it was obvious why. Nowadays some people have legitimate reasons for disliking Hamilton, like Ian-S, but most are clutching at straws. Hamilton is one of the best drivers in F1 yet is still not appreciated. People are saying he behaves like a child when things don't go his way, have those people seen Lewis at any time through 2016? He is entirely 180 degrees from Lewis in 2011. Each issue he's faced in 2016 he's been relaxed and accepting of the situation.

Who cares if he hangs out with Bieber and the Kardashians and posts on social media while attending various celebrity events? Is that stuff really offensive? And if so, why does it matter? It's what happens on track that counts.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:32 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
Lewis has always been a divisive character and in the past it was obvious why. Nowadays some people have legitimate reasons for disliking Hamilton, like Ian-S, but most are clutching at straws. Hamilton is one of the best drivers in F1 yet is still not appreciated. People are saying he behaves like a child when things don't go his way, have those people seen Lewis at any time through 2016? He is entirely 180 degrees from Lewis in 2011. Each issue he's faced in 2016 he's been relaxed and accepting of the situation.

Who cares if he hangs out with Bieber and the Kardashians and posts on social media while attending various celebrity events? Is that stuff really offensive? And if so, why does it matter? It's what happens on track that counts.

Lewis will never be able to shake his past reputation. He came into F1 as a polarizing figure and was thrust into the limelight driving for a top team and contending for the championship immediately. As you said, in his early days he was very outspoken and grumpy when things weren't going his way. He's much more measured and introspective after difficult moments...apart from the odd colorful moment. But as far as the majority of fans go, I don't think he will ever shake his reputation which is set in stone for many people.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:34 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Karan wrote:
kals wrote:

Lewis will never be able to shake his past reputation. He came into F1 as a polarizing figure and was thrust into the limelight driving for a top team and contending for the championship immediately. As you said, in his early days he was very outspoken and grumpy when things weren't going his way. He's much more measured and introspective after difficult moments...apart from the odd colorful moment. But as far as the majority of fans go, I don't think he will ever shake his reputation which is set in stone for many people.

That's fair Karan. The issue I take is that people continue to say "I don't like Lewis because of x" when the reason they are pushing is no longer true.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:37 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I don't know why we're so stressed about Lewis, because of a nightclub incident Lewis didn't even race today

/posting as if rumours aired in the run up to the race are always true.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

codename_47 wrote:
I don't know why we're so stressed about Lewis, because of a nightclub incident Lewis didn't even race today

/posting as if rumours aired in the run up to the race are always true.

That was just Italian media doing their best DailyMail impression. Like with almost all DM articles, there was zero fact or truth.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:43 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well what can i say as a Hamilton fan, i dont give a shit what he does, what he posts, or with who he hangs around in his free time.
I only care when he is racing and that is what matters the most, isnt it?
Without the racing pepole wouldnt know him, would they?

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 11:56 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Bieber is a talentless hack that needs to just go away and stay there.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 4:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'd just about suppressed my gag reflex after the events of that race until we were forced to watch 5 minutes of Lewis using the Monaco podium to flirt with Bieber. That's right up there with Kyle smashing the guitar in Nashville for unpleasant winner ceremonies for me.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:28 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Spoiler:

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:02 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
This is why I feel I'm fortunate in not giving 2 shits about the drivers outside of the racetrack.

That's what I do because I'm here to judge how these guys doing their job. I'm not here to judge their private life or leisure activities. That's their own business not mine. I don't want someone judging the things I enjoy doing. My business, however, is a different story because if I suck, this might affect job, company, my future, etc. Everyone can do whatever they feel like without any judging. No matter what they do off the track, the main thing is what they do on the track. Everything else must be left aside.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 773 posts ]  Go to page Previous 135 36 37 38 39 Next