TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:09 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3840 Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 pm 
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan
German Touring Car Series #1 Fan

Magnifico wrote:
Your a biased Webber fan though.

Correct

I see what you are saying. However, I'm sure if it was Vettel leading and Webber 5th 20 odd points behind, they'd say they were backing Sebastian all the way at this point, if they hadn't done so already

And yes, I do think McLaren should be backing Lewis

Last edited by James B on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
Write Button off? Yes. Absolutely. Probably the worst driver of the 5 in terms of speed and adaptability. Doesn't have the car to win the title on paper and can't make up for it with talent.

I wouldn't write Button off, not with the likelihood of a wet race or two to come

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Before this season I thought Button would completely be driven away by Hamilton. And especially in a team that was focused on Hamilton only in the seasons before.

But he surprised me (especially during the first races). Okay he might not be as fast on pure speed as Hamilton. But he sure is using his experience to the max, just looking at the decisions that made him win races, and also the F-Duct thing during this weekend. I think during some hectic races he might end up very surprising.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The thing with Button is that you can rely on him. Sure, he's occasionally struggled in qualifying but you'd trust him to keep it on the road and collect a good result. Two retirements this year - one mechanical and one inflicted by Vettel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:42 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
RtN wrote:
Write Button off? Yes. Absolutely. Probably the worst driver of the 5 in terms of speed and adaptability. Doesn't have the car to win the title on paper and can't make up for it with talent.

I wouldn't write Button off, not with the likelihood of a wet race or two to come

If we get 3 or 4 wet races then the formbook is completely useless.

I am assuming that at least 4 of the remaining races will be dry. Singapore being at night and not in the evening should guarantee that it is dry. Abu Dhabi will be dry. Brazil at that time of year can be wet and the last 3 GP weekends have been rain-disrupted, so it's 50\50 on that one. Same with Japan and Korea.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:46 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

RtN wrote:
As has Alonso being a clot (Silverstone, Spa).

I wouldn't argue against that. Alonso has had his worst driving season since 2003 as a Renault rookie. If he drove how we know he can he would be leading this championship imo, no doubt about it. Lost victories and podiums on several occasions this year.

RtN wrote:

Whether Vettel takes points off of Mark is down to Red Bull. And McLaren will not allow Jenson to take points off of Lewis.

Mclaren were happy for Jenson to do so this weekend. Given Jenson's stance to team orders and Mclarens public opinion until there is zero mathematical chance Jenson will be fighting Lewis. With the potential for some wet events where decision making is key Jenson could still be using his trumph card on the other four just yet. I think Jenson is the least naturally talented also and in the speed stakes is the slowest but there is more to racing than just speed otherwise Vettel would be champion already. Jenson has shown on several occasions that his decision making is much better than Lewis's even if in equal machinery he will never be a match.

RtN wrote:
There will be a tight fight. And I am betting it will be between Webber and Hamilton. Alonso just has too many things going against him, in my opinion, to involve him.

I'm gonna have to disagree. As long as Vettel keeps his head together and the RBR is as fast as we expect I'm pretty sure he can hoist himself into proper contention. He has been quicker than Mark for several races now on raw pace. Two wins and even if Mark is second that's 14 points eaten out of it with 10 in between them. So much can change and I can't wait.

Knowing my luck having argued this we'll have 3 of our contenders be taken out by a wayward Luizzi or something in Singapore. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:47 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well its changing race by race. Webber wins in Singapore and Button DNFs and you have it looking over for JB. But if JB gets a podium and Webber DNFs then its back open. What about the engine situation? Pressure on drivers? So what if the Red Bull should fly around Singapore if the drivers succumb to pressure. Its just an unknown and its fantastic.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:52 pm 

Any information about pit incident (ambulance)?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:55 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Magnifico wrote:
RtN wrote:
As has Alonso being a clot (Silverstone, Spa).

I wouldn't argue against that. Alonso has had his worst driving season since 2003 as a Renault rookie. If he drove how we know he can he would be leading this championship imo, no doubt about it. Lost victories and podiums on several occasions this year.

I won't argue against that. Massa's consistency has shown that the Ferrari is a solid package. If Alonso was driving as he is 'supposed' to he'd be in front.

Magnifico wrote:
RtN wrote:

Whether Vettel takes points off of Mark is down to Red Bull. And McLaren will not allow Jenson to take points off of Lewis.

Mclaren were happy for Jenson to do so this weekend. Given Jenson's stance to team orders and Mclarens public opinion until there is zero mathematical chance Jenson will be fighting Lewis. With the potential for some wet events where decision making is key Jenson could still be using his trumph card on the other four just yet. I think Jenson is the least naturally talented also and in the speed stakes is the slowest but there is more to racing than just speed otherwise Vettel would be champion already. Jenson has shown on several occasions that his decision making is much better than Lewis's even if in equal machinery he will never be a match.

Again, all valid points, although the one time that Jenson has directly threatened Lewis this year, McLaren ended up telling him to back off.

Magnifico wrote:
RtN wrote:
There will be a tight fight. And I am betting it will be between Webber and Hamilton. Alonso just has too many things going against him, in my opinion, to involve him.

I'm gonna have to disagree. As long as Vettel keeps his head together and the RBR is as fast as we expect I'm pretty sure he can hoist himself into proper contention. He has been quicker than Mark for several races now on raw pace. Two wins and even if Mark is second that's 14 points eaten out of it with 10 in between them. So much can change and I can't wait.

Knowing my luck having argued this we'll have 3 of our contenders be taken out by a wayward Luizzi or something in Singapore. :lol:

Vettel's problem is exactly that- keeping his head together. He did so today very well when the pressure was off a bit. But will he continue to cope? I don't think so. He's lacking mental maturity- perhaps a side effect of him being rushed into F1 from WSbR in 2007.

I am expecting a fairly quiet end to the season. Not that many topsy-turvy results.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Zorba wrote:
Any information about pit incident (ambulance)?

Karun Chandhok wrote:
Good news - just back at HRT - Marcel the radio man is talking and stable in the medical centre awaiting more scans... about 1 hour ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:58 pm 

The Yamamoto incident - looks scarier than I thought 8O

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:59 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I wonder what he was doing there, btw.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:01 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

maclauren wrote:

Doing something with Yamamoto's helmet-radio connection.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:02 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

What are they telling him down the radio anyway? 'Blue flag' 'Blue flag' 'Mate if you push really hard you might be able to get 19th'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:06 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

phil1993 wrote:
What are they telling him down the radio anyway? 'Blue flag' 'Blue flag' 'Mate if you push really hard you might be able to get 19th'

"A full pitstop with 4 new tyres will cost x Yen. Do you accept these charges?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I suspect he's like:

Sakon: 'Hey mate I could do with new tyres'
Richard: 'Fuck off you twat I want Karun back'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

hedgey666 wrote:
maclauren wrote:

Doing something with Yamamoto's helmet-radio connection.

Unplugging it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 pm 
The most anticipated member

I gave it an 8, why not? Because the race is in Monza, it automatically wins grade 5. If you add that there were some good moments in the race, some nice disputes in the mid field and Ferrari won at home (I'm not a huge Ferrari fan but it's cool when they win at home), then it's already 3 more points, so a fair 8 grade.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

HRT fined $20,000 for the pit lane incident

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The race had some OK-parts and the championship got a bit more exciting with the end result. But overall it was pretty boring. Typical Monza to be fair.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 783 posts ]  Go to page Previous 134 35 36 37 3840 Next