Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:29 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

coldtyre wrote:
Lita wrote:
I think the rule is good for safety, as proven by the Webber-Kovalainen crash at Valencia. I know Lotus are still within the rule, but that crash still showed the potential of what could be worse if there were much slower cars on the grid. I don't think the rule is a big deal as such since all the current lower end teams are within the rule. The new teams will simply have to work hard to earn their place.

This is not a safety issue at all. Webber himself once drove prototypes, sharing the track with categories 50kph slower. Don't tell me that 10kph is going to be so much of a deal.

Prototypes race at lower speeds than F1.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:44 pm 
Eddie Jordan

noikeee wrote:
coldtyre wrote:
Lita wrote:
I think the rule is good for safety, as proven by the Webber-Kovalainen crash at Valencia. I know Lotus are still within the rule, but that crash still showed the potential of what could be worse if there were much slower cars on the grid. I don't think the rule is a big deal as such since all the current lower end teams are within the rule. The new teams will simply have to work hard to earn their place.

This is not a safety issue at all. Webber himself once drove prototypes, sharing the track with categories 50kph slower. Don't tell me that 10kph is going to be so much of a deal.

Prototypes race at lower speeds than F1.

But the time gaps are MUCH bigger. Take the recent races in Hungary. In F1 in qualifying the gap first to last was 7.680. During the Le Mans Series it was 17.546. At a high speed track the protoype cars could get closer to an F1 lap time (hungary they were 13s slower). The actual speed difference between the classes in higher than in F1.

F1 drivers need to stop whinging!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

All F1 drivers should have to run a year of prototype racing, to be forced to man up before entering F1. A Prototype driver would think nothing of going round the outside of a GT car, in the rain, during the night at the Porsche Curves at Le Mans.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:47 pm 
Xtreme Surfer Dude
Xtreme Surfer Dude

amq55 wrote:
Allowing the new teams to test would remove the need for a 107% rule.

Jax_KiBez wrote:
107% Rule is good, teams that rule is for are bad. They need to test and develop their cars.

This.