TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:15 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 627 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:17 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Quote:
Piquet's claims have, however, been denied by both Briatore and Symonds in documents that are believed to have been submitted with the FIA. Although they confirm that the meeting between the three of them took place, both suggest that it was Piquet's own suggestion to cause an accident.

Oops.

If that's true, and if they knew of Piquet's intent and then covered it up, then they're in the shit.

Obviously, not as much shit as if Piquet's is the accurate account, but still.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:17 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Am i reading it correctly that they don't even deny he spun intentionally? omg, omfg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:46 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Well, Senna did the same, remember? He hit Prost on purpose. Same thing like this? Senna didn't get a punishment. In fact, people loved what he did that day.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:57 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Regiotap wrote:
Well, Senna did the same, remember? He hit Prost on purpose. Same thing like this? Senna didn't get a punishment. In fact, people loved what he did that day.

That went far beyond fixing a race or even fixing a championship, though. There was an ulterior motive; to goad Balestre into punishing him. Senna's DSQ from the 1989 Japanese GP was dodgy and he was going to go after Balestre in the courts if he DSQ'd him again.

Neither Renault nor Piquet have any sort of leverage over Max or the WMSC. However, a Brazilian journalist, Victor Martins, is reporting that Piquet entered the same plea bargain that the McLaren drivers did in 2007; he'll give evidence, in return for immunity from the WMSC.

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:01 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Regiotap wrote:

Thats different. Senna (if he did crash on purpose) nor anyone ratted him out, and there is no enough proof that it was intencional, so you cant give punishments on an accident which could've been a simple racing accident. Innocent until proven otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:02 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Senna told before the race, and a year later that he crashed Prost on purpose.

But okay, it is something different. I don't think Piquet will be punished, just what Rtn said.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:04 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

amq55 wrote:
Regiotap wrote:

Thats different. Senna (if he did crash on purpose) nor anyone ratted him out, and there is no enough proof that it was intencional, so you cant give punishments on an accident which could've been a simple racing accident. Innocent until proven otherwise.

He told Balestre in person the evening before the race that he was going to crash into Prost if Prost got to the first corner before he did, as a result of Balestre switching the two sides of the grid around.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:19 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

RtN wrote:
amq55 wrote:
Regiotap wrote:

He told Balestre in person the evening before the race that he was going to crash into Prost if Prost got to the first corner before he did, as a result of Balestre switching the two sides of the grid around.

Oh, didnt knew that.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:36 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Sounds like Renault are pretty fucked, whatever happens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:53 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Probably just what the top brass needs to decide to not be in Formula One any more....

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:16 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Speed wrote:
Briatore’s comment about Piquet being in a ‘fragile state of mind’ is also intriguing. It leaves open the possibility for the World Motor Sport Council to enquire further as to what that entailed, and ask just why the team would allow a driver to take part in a race in such circumstances, especially given his alleged suggestion about creating a safety car period.

The other key question could be to the effect that if Piquet had come up with the idea of crashing and then pursued it without the support of the team management why no action was subsequently taken by the team. Instead he was later re-signed for a further season.

Ofcourse. I haven't thought about that. So silly. Bye Symonds and Briatore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:18 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I wonder when the day will come teams and other important people involved in F1 start to concentrate on the sport again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:26 am 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Watching the live footage, Piquet says something on the radio like "Sorry guys............" but I can't quite make out what the rest is.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:03 am 

the F1 turned a circus with show of clowns...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:11 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

mclaren2008 wrote:
Watching the live footage, Piquet says something on the radio like "Sorry guys............" but I can't quite make out what the rest is.

He indicates he is ok. I can't remember the exact words.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Regiotap wrote:

But okay, it is something different. I don't think Piquet will be punished, just what Rtn said.

I think he will : Piquet will not drive a F1 anymore because he has stupid ideas. :p A driver who propose to crash intentionally in the wall (the only weekend he didn't crash due to a mistake :lol: ) is a kamikaze ...

btw did you know that Piquet spun during the formation lap ? What a n00b ! 8O I saw the video on youtube but obviously the amateur video is no longer available due to the FIA ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:46 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tony03 wrote:
Regiotap wrote:

I think he will : Piquet will not drive a F1 anymore because he has stupid ideas. :p A driver who propose to crash intentionally in the wall (the only weekend he didn't crash due to a mistake :lol: ) is a kamikaze ...

btw did you know that Piquet spun during the formation lap ? What a n00b ! 8O I saw the video on youtube but obviously the amateur video is no longer available due to the FIA ...

You cant call him a noob, because if you sat in a F1 car you wouldn't even be able to get it out of the garage...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:02 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Claymann wrote:
You cant call him a noob, because if you sat in a F1 car you wouldn't even be able to get it out of the garage...

Maybe ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:10 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Tony03 wrote:
Claymann wrote:

Maybe ...

You know, the average person can't do it. Even some proper racing car drivers can't do it. Even if you some how did, you can't drive it.

I just dont see why people call some drivers shit or noobs or whatever, when they are a billion times better than you to begin with.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Claymann wrote:

I just dont see why people call some drivers shit or noobs or whatever, when they are a billion times better than you to begin with.

Jealousy.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 524 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 627 Next