TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 1:14 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1255 256 257 258 259261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:37 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Like last year, looks like there'll only be a Region 2 Blu-ray which means you may not be able to view it outside Europe unless you have a multi-region blu-ray player. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:58 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Damn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Karan wrote:
Like last year, looks like there'll only be a Region 2 Blu-ray which means you may not be able to view it outside Europe unless you have a multi-region blu-ray player. :(

Well according to Amazon this years Blu-Ray will be Region 2 and Region 1.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:25 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Well my copy arrived today, pretty good speed from them! I see it's 5 hrs 17; I'll try and watch it tomorrow or Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:43 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
Well my copy arrived today, pretty good speed from them! I see it's 5 hrs 17; I'll try and watch it tomorrow or Monday.

So you got the DVD I assume?? Can you tell us something about the extra features??

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:52 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Echti wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

So you got the DVD I assume?? Can you tell us something about the extra features??

Will do. I'm going to try and watch it in one go tomorrow but I have two essays to finish as well.

edit:

Had a look at the Silverstone round. It's good....but there's no build up. It launches straight into 'Rain dominated the weekend and delayed qualifying but cleared for the race' - nothing from practice or qualifying. Straight into Petrov's engine failure. Struck me as odd... Also a shame there's no OB from Grosjean at Spa, had hoped for that. Onboard feature from Japan is pretty good - you can see how silly Grosjean's move was, Alonso's retirement was his own fault, Perez got swamped at T3, di Resta stalling and how Button/Massa gained hugely! Oh, and in Australia Ricciardo came so close to stacking it at T5 on Lap 1. Brazil onboard also shows how late Senna braked at T4 on Lap 1. I can't remember if every car has an onboard camera, but it's a bit of a shame they don't release more. After all, a review DVD is for the dedicated fan!

Watched the features

- Driver Profiles: Just info about each driver
- Winter Testing: A summary of winter testing, as if it was produced between the third test and Australia. Some good footage
- Lotus: Interviews with Bouiller, Raikkonen and Grosjean about Lotus and their aims
- Senna + Monaco: Bruno Senna talks about Ayrton and Monaco, it's quite nice.
- Team radio in F1: Simon Rennie, Dave Robson and Andrea Stella (who has an amazingly silky voice) discuss what they do and their relationships with Raikkonen, Button and Alonso. There's an interesting one when Button's screaming "He used DRS! He used DRS! In the yellow flag zone!" about Vettel in Spain, as well as Kimi's "I know what I'm doing so just be quiet" in Belgium.
- F1 in Slow Motion: Some slow motion shots; a really nice one of a Red Bull stop
- Goodbye Michael: Warning - starts with Eddie! But it then has Stefano + Brawn talking and then a montage of Michael's career.

All in all I'd say they're pretty good. I can't help but feel that the Winter testing bit should be at the start of the DVD (maybe it is, I haven't watched the main feature yet) and that they have a lot of footage that should be released from testing - when people want it! Overall, the 6 features (driver profiles don't really count) last about 45 minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:10 am 

but the review of 2010 and 2011 are better than the 2012 review??

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:27 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Nice review of the review Phil, looking forward to hearing more as you work your way through it.

Might try and win one of your copies too, worth a try and I'm on a lucky roll atm.

The other month amid most of my zombified facebook procrastination I clicked like on a competition on the Force India's facebook page and during Christmas week their PR manager added me on Facebook to tell me I'd won.
Was pretty amazing as I couldn't remember what the competition was or anything.

When I came home to my house after spending time at my Mum's for Christmas I was confronted with THIS:

Which was a pretty amazing late Christmas present....

Inside was THIS selection of Goodies:

Force India T-shirt. Force India bag, F1 Race Stars and F12012 (Xbox) Same games again but for the PC. Lanyard.

And not pictured is the huge XBox steering wheel too.

Not bad for idle clicking on Facebook when not paying attention.

So yeah, next year the F1InPubsCast will try not to become a victim of bribery but SAHARA Force India might just be its new favourite team!
Fly SAHARA! :thumbsup:

(Though I already have F12012 so that might end up as a competittion prize or two...start attending and I'll fix the competitions for my favourite TBK friends. I've already proved I'm not moral :p )

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:08 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Can you tell me what do the onboard features show on the reviewn anything that we didn't see. Tell us for each round

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:50 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention before amid the boasting, but tomorrow I'm lucky enough to be able to interview Adam Parr, former CEO of the Williams team and writer of "The Art of War".
Different to everyone else's book on F1, this is a freaking graphic novel, which surprised me.

Not had chance to read it yet but you have to respect him for that at least.

Trying to put a positive spin on this as I have been googling extensively but for a guy who was CEO of williams for 5 years, there isn't a huge amount about him. And what there is, isn't very positive either...

Still, if you have anything you want to know about his time in F1, post it up here and I'll ask him tomorrow ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:18 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

In terms of format it's similar to 2010/11 I think - about 10-15 minutes per race.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:39 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

phil1993 wrote:
Had a look at the Silverstone round. It's good....but there's no build up. It launches straight into 'Rain dominated the weekend and delayed qualifying but cleared for the race' - nothing from practice or qualifying. Straight into Petrov's engine failure. Struck me as odd...

This is quite odd especially since qualifying was by far the most interesting part of that race weekend.

phil1993 wrote:
Also a shame there's no OB from Grosjean at Spa, had hoped for that. Onboard feature from Japan is pretty good - you can see how silly Grosjean's move was, Alonso's retirement was his own fault, Perez got swamped at T3, di Resta stalling and how Button/Massa gained hugely! Oh, and in Australia Ricciardo came so close to stacking it at T5 on Lap 1. Brazil onboard also shows how late Senna braked at T4 on Lap 1. I can't remember if every car has an onboard camera, but it's a bit of a shame they don't release more.

Every car has at least one onboard camera, but it depends on whether the camera is "active". Current technology is capable of transmitting footage from (I think) 6 cars at the same time. That is basically why we didn't get footage from Grosjean's camera at Spa because his camera wasn't active at that time.

Bonus Features sound like the same every year, although the super slowmotion bit they introduced last year is a welcome addition and should look fantastic in HD.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:54 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Echti wrote:
Every car has at least one onboard camera, but it depends on whether the camera is "active". Current technology is capable of transmitting footage from (I think) 6 cars at the same time. That is basically why we didn't get footage from Grosjean's camera at Spa because his camera wasn't active at that time.

I read it was 5 cars. It's disappointing they haven't overcome this limitation yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I don't think you can say it is a disappointment. We get constant onboard coverage from the entire circuit without any noticeable break ups from more than five cars at the same time. I think this is already quite an achivement.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:16 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Well, currently NASCAR has more active onboard cameras at a time than F1. Although I think only 9 cars carry cameras in that, all active. It'd just be nice to not have to hope that a camera is active at any given time.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

ellis wrote:
Well, currently NASCAR has more active onboard cameras at a time than F1. Although I think only 9 cars carry cameras in that, all active. It'd just be nice to not have to hope that a camera is active at any given time.

To be fair, you can't compare NASCAR with F1 in terms of onboard coverage as the track, infrastructure and facilities have a huge influence on proper onboard coverage. And in this case F1 is much more complicated.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm planning on watching the whole DVD this afternoon, but you're right about Silverstone - FP + Quali was entertaining plus I think for the hardcore fan it'd be nice to see some behind the scenes footage as well, not just an edit of the world feed. It just starts with Ben saying how rain affected the build-up (while we get an aerial shot of race day) and then it goes to Petrov's engine kablammo.

The only other thing I've seen is Vettel's protests against his Spain + Monza penalty. He says in Barcelona, "What else did you want me to see? I was awake, I told you yellow flag, that I could see it down the straight. It’s not my problem if I have DRS, I cannot lift up. We’re talking four tenths." Rocky replies with "Deep breath, stay focused. I don’t want any arm-waving or anything, OK!"

In Monza, Alonso says something like 'I am doing 330kph, it's enough no!' and Vettel says 'To race director. All of a sudden he was on the grass. I didn’t need to push him on the grass, I left enough room.'

Onboard features:
- Ricciardo in Australia - he talks us through his start (helmet cam view) and the last lap - which is pretty decent
- Schumacher in Malaysia - he talks us through his start, spin and Lap 1 recovery
- Rosberg's pole lap
- Massa's start in Bahrain (haven't watched)
- Maldonado in Spain - the lap he overtook Kimi, pretty meh
- Start crash in Monaco from the perspectives of Grosjean, Schumacher, Vettel, Senna, di Resta and Maldonado (including his eventual retirement at the hairpin)
- Senna in Canada (haven't watched)
- Alonso in Valencia - he talks us through his Lap 1 progress and he had a good battle with Hulkenberg
- Webber in Britain (haven't watched)
- Vettel vs Button in Germany (haven't watched)
- Lap 1 Hungary (haven't watched)
- Chaos in Spa - Starts from the views of Kobayashi, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Schumacher, Senna and Rosberg
- Perez in Monza (haven't watched)
- Massa takes Senna in Singapore (haven't watched)
- Chaos in Japan - explained that in another post
- Starts in Korea from Button, Alonso, Hamilton and Perez - it's one of those split screens when you get all 4 at once, I'm not keen on it
- Can't remember what India is
- Perez vs Webber in Ab Dab (haven't watched)
- Hamilton in Austin (haven't watched)
- Chaos in Brazil - Lap 1 from the views of Vettel, Schumacher, Senna. Kimi running wide and getting lost and then the Hulkenberg/Hamilton crash

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

So is Will Buxton not doing the build-up this year!?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:57 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Echti wrote:
So is Will Buxton not doing the build-up this year!?

Oh I hadn't noticed. He voices the special features, but I'll get back to you on that when I watch the whole DVD.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:58 am 

and is the dvd better than the 2010 or 2011 season??

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1255 256 257 258 259261 Next