TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:12 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:31 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
De Cesaris fan wrote:
If Rosberg had a genuine brake problem, then he was screwed either way. Brake early and allow Lewis through easily, and be seen as the weaker driver. Or brake late trying to keep the lead, and hope that he comes out of any contact still ahead. Being the last lap, I wouldn't blame him for trying to hold on to the win.

But it was 100% his fault, and I do think there was more to it than just the brakes. He really didn't seem to make an effort to turn into the corner.

Rosberg has said in an interview that the brakes failed on the penultimate lap, so he had time to get used to the issue. He didn't feel it didn't contribute to the incident.

http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/9 ... t-mir.html

Well he's even more deluded, him messing up turn 1 is what let Lewis get a run on him in the first place, so it definitely contributed to the incident

Grasping at straws now....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:38 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Rosberg tried to pull Prost 89 or Schumi 97. It failed terribly. Eventhough the penalty from the damage and FIA is minor, I bet that Mercedes will give a bigger one to him. He loses title and contract reneval with that move.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:50 pm 

Instead of banning team communications, how about banning team orders?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:28 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

The thing that makes me laugh most is that after Canada people said "oooh that Lewis pushing Rosberg off oooh he's awful, oooh Rosberg would never resort to such things" (and this is for an incident I still view as Rosberg trying to stick it around the outside for too long then bailing out too)

If that was true then Rosberg is just as bad as Lewis for this standing up to each other collision B.S, just when Lewis likes to make a point (US 2015, Canada) it leads to Rosberg being delayed but able to continue and when Nico tries it (Spa 2014, Spain 2016, Austria 2016) it ends very badly for Mercedes.
I guess he's getting better at it, both cars finished this time after all.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:58 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

codename_47 wrote:
The thing that makes me laugh most is that after Canada people said "oooh that Lewis pushing Rosberg off oooh he's awful, oooh Rosberg would never resort to such things" (and this is for an incident I still view as Rosberg trying to stick it around the outside for too long then bailing out too)

If that was true then Rosberg is just as bad as Lewis for this standing up to each other collision B.S, just when Lewis likes to make a point (US 2015, Canada) it leads to Rosberg being delayed but able to continue and when Nico tries it (Spa 2014, Spain 2016, Austria 2016) it ends very badly for Mercedes.

The only reason Rosberg was only delayed in all cases Lewis forced him off, because he didn't want an accident. Lewis doesn't care.

Comparing this to Jerez 97 is just plain stupid. Complete role reversal. But hey, Lewis can't do anything wrong and Rosberg is a wimp trying too clumsily to become tough.

Lewis is just getting his wdc's handed to him. By the team and his teammate. I really hope for more competition next year.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:16 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

siggy wrote:
codename_47 wrote:

The only reason Rosberg was only delayed in all cases Lewis forced him off, because he didn't want an accident. Lewis doesn't care.

Comparing this to Jerez 97 is just plain stupid. Complete role reversal. But hey, Lewis can't do anything wrong and Rosberg is a wimp trying too clumsily to become tough.

Lewis is just getting his wdc's handed to him. By the team and his teammate. I really hope for more competition next year.

Lewis takes the racing line, harsh but fair. Nico gets pissy and forces genuine contact when there didn't need to be, there's a difference.
Can't actually remember a crash between then that has been caused by Hamilton. But Spa, Barcelona and Austria, all Nico either panicking or trying to make some kind of point. Badly.

Also where did I mention Jerez 97? :?

Twitter:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:28 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

TheEgg wrote:
Instead of banning team communications, how about banning team orders?

Tried that, didn't work.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:30 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Has it been explained why Wherline didn't get a penalty for reversing on the grid when the green flag was starting to be waved? As fantastic as his result is, and how wonderful I think it is for the team, that is an automatic exclusion from the race for me, and to be honest a ban for the next race.

You DO NOT reverse your car back on the grid, especially in mid pack when the green flag is waving! A horrible, horrible, horrible precedent has been set here then.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
Has it been explained why Wherline didn't get a penalty for reversing on the grid when the green flag was starting to be waved? As fantastic as his result is, and how wonderful I think it is for the team, that is an automatic exclusion from the race for me, and to be honest a ban for the next race.

You DO NOT reverse your car back on the grid, especially in mid pack when the green flag is waving! A horrible, horrible, horrible precedent has been set here then.

Yes, Sky covered it and there is no rule in the book that says you cannot reverse on the grid.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:40 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

The team has always some comments to cover it's drivers fault,but I think both of them are trying to win and race,Rosberg just lost it,and tried a move usually Hamilton would make,and failed. Now he is practically lost for the title ,i cannot see him win it after such defeats and bad decisions,as well for the 2017 contract. Wouldn't surprise me to see Alonso one season and then Wehrlein in the Merc.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:57 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

kals wrote:
webbsy wrote:

Yes, Sky covered it and there is no rule in the book that says you cannot reverse on the grid.

You have to be kidding me. That is appalling. They have all manner of stupid rules like these radio bans and nothing for something so fundamentally dangerous as reversing on the starting grid?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:17 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Mercedes were so lucky to have both cars finish the race today, could easily have had both cars out with broken front suspension. I suspect that the patience with the "let them race rule" is probably wearing very thin with the team, wouldn't be at all surprised if we start seeing a lot more team orders from Mercedes.

webbsy wrote:

Aren't the marshals supposed to make sure all the cars are in the correct position prior to waving the green flag at the back? I think they were a bit premature with waving the green flag today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:34 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

DinoMarko93 wrote:
The team has always some comments to cover it's drivers fault,but I think both of them are trying to win and race,Rosberg just lost it,and tried a move usually Hamilton would make,and failed. Now he is practically lost for the title ,i cannot see him win it after such defeats and bad decisions,as well for the 2017 contract. Wouldn't surprise me to see Alonso one season and then Wehrlein in the Merc.

Whoa now, lets not get too premature, Hamilton still has a couple of "starting from the back" races to come due to his comparative lack of engines compared to Nico.

If this championship is going to start getting genuinely close, then Nico needs to start having a few engine maladies of his own as has befallen Lewis earlier on this season.

The gap might be closing on points but it's a bit of a false dawn with these engine change penalty rules.

gd49 wrote:
Mercedes were so lucky to have both cars finish the race today, could easily have had both cars out with broken front suspension. I suspect that the patience with the "let them race rule" is probably wearing very thin with the team, wouldn't be at all surprised if we start seeing a lot more team orders from Mercedes.

OK idea in theory but if you're Mercedes which driver do you favour?
Lewis because of his actually winning the title the past two years or still being under contract?
Nico because he's German or ahead in the title race this season?

And then there's the small matter of getting the drivers to actually obey you in the first place.
Also, radio rules.....how do you communicate your plans these days?

A giant hornet's nest of problems you're opening up.

Twitter:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:09 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Could you just imagine the meltdown Sky F1 UK would have at the first instance of Hamilton being told not to challenge Nico. Ted would have an aneurysm.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:16 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:

gd49 wrote:

OK idea in theory but if you're Mercedes which driver do you favour?
Lewis because of his actually winning the title the past two years or still being under contract?
Nico because he's German or ahead in the title race this season?

And then there's the small matter of getting the drivers to actually obey you in the first place.
Also, radio rules.....how do you communicate your plans these days?

A giant hornet's nest of problems you're opening up.

Probably on a race by race basis, perhaps like Brawn did in the past where the drivers could race until the final stop then hold position. Wouldn't be quite as straightforward with the tyres as they are now, but Mercedes are dominant enough to not worry about the Constructors now so they could choose to give both drivers the same strategy for each race without worrying about covering off Ferrari or Red Bull.

I thought team orders were allowed over the radio, shouldn't be an issue there.

I think Mercedes definitely don't want a repeat of the last lap from today, and events of the past year have shown that asking the drivers not to hit each other doesn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:18 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm thinking this might be a good time to put money on Rosberg for the championship since everyone's convinced Nico's lost it and he'll never be WDC material, even though he's still on top by 11 points and with more engines in reserve. Might get pretty good odds.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:40 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

webbsy wrote:
kals wrote:
webbsy wrote:

You have to be kidding me. That is appalling. They have all manner of stupid rules like these radio bans and nothing for something so fundamentally dangerous as reversing on the starting grid?

You're getting a bit too worked up about this? Let's review the situation logically in detail:

As long as the lights haven't started, he could do it without endangering anyone. If he messes up his positioning or fucks up in any other way, yellow is deployed at his location, and they abort the start.

After the lights start going on (not off, on), that's the danger zone. Either he's ready to go, and he goes with everyone, or he misses the clutch or isn't ready and stalls it or starts very slowly. In this case, he's no more dangerous than someone who would've stalled unexpectedly, and there's a marshall ready to wave yellows at his position. Heck, you could argue that in this case, the marshall at his level will be even more attentive at what he's doing and will be ready to deploy the flag even faster.

Even from the official's point of view, it's better if a driver moves his ass into the correct position instead of them having to undergo a new procedure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Didn't Mansell got a penalty or black flag because he reversed in the pitlane?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Black flagged.

I suppose because there are people in an active pitlane and you can only see what appears in your mirrors.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 526 posts ]  Go to page Previous 123 24 25 26 27 Next