TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 4:51 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1248 249 250 251 252261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:49 am 

Bigger grids would also allow more drivers to get a seat in F1. Currently, the problem seems to be that there are many drivers out there who have either already shown that they're F1 material or have potential to be competitive. Kobayashi, Alguersuari, Buemi, Kovalainen, Sutil and Heidfeld are just some examples.

Meanwhile, some no-name rich kids who fuck around in lower formulae get a free pass to the top of the ladder thanks to their daddy's fat wallets. Yes, I'm looking at you, Max Chilton.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:50 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

kals wrote:
The thing is, Montezemelo is right. There is only so much more time F1 can continue to be managed in the way it is.

I agree. In my view, Bernie doesn't seem to go out of his way to sell the sport to the public. In contrast to what I've seen from Nascar or other major stick and ball sports. The fact that F1 didn't run big PR blitz in lead up to the USGP was rather alarming. Given that F1 teams have spoken how important the American market is to F1.

I would be interested to know what CVC strategy is for F1 going forward. From the outside looking in, it appears they're going to allow Bernie run F1 until he croaks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:39 am 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

Quote:
- First off...kill the 12-team limit. If someone builds a car within the regulation, allow them to show up

There isn't enough garages to support more.

The rest I agree with.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:54 am 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

Biggest point I agree on is not only allowing up and coming drivers a shot into the sport but also all the team personal which go with it. That is a hell of a lot of engineering and PR staff and so forth all getting experience within the sport which can only help with the sports own development and helps prevent it becoming stale with the same faces.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:58 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Ospi wrote:
Biggest point I agree on is not only allowing up and coming drivers a shot into the sport but also all the team personal which go with it. That is a hell of a lot of engineering and PR staff and so forth all getting experience within the sport which can only help with the sports own development and helps prevent it becoming stale with the same faces.

This. Hugely. Caterham and Marussia has acquired a huge fanbase through social media, while even though to most people HRT was a waste of space, they still allowed people to live their dream for 3 years.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:56 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

ellis wrote:
Quote:
- First off...kill the 12-team limit. If someone builds a car within the regulation, allow them to show up

Tents. :p

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I just thought of a promotion system championship. A bunch of teams who are willing to take part make F1 regulation cars, get drivers (young or old) and become a part of the support races (Porsche Supersup can fuck off).

The top 2 or 3 teams win a financial aid that helps them go through a F1 season. It's not really about who drives the car - although it helps - but it would be a nice springboard tondeveloping cars and understanding strategies.

Sound silly, but I just woke up. :p

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:30 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
Quote:

The rest I agree with.

2 Cars. 2 to 3 boxes max. We allowed them to take up so much space which also cost money spent better elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:59 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

micha wrote:
ellis wrote:
Quote:

The rest I agree with.

2 Cars. 2 to 3 boxes max. We allowed them to take up so much space which also cost money spent better elsewhere.

The cost just to get the equipment down to that level and still be able to run the cars would easily cost more than what they've save.

You cant run these cars off of a small team with not much equipment. You can have technology, or ease of use. Not both.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ellis wrote:
You can have technology, or ease of use. Not both.

And in this one small quote, therein lies a perfect summary of a large part of F1's issues.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:44 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Ferrari wrote:
kals wrote:
The thing is, Montezemelo is right. There is only so much more time F1 can continue to be managed in the way it is.

I agree. In my view, Bernie doesn't seem to go out of his way to sell the sport to the public. In contrast to what I've seen from Nascar or other major stick and ball sports. The fact that F1 didn't run big PR blitz in lead up to the USGP was rather alarming. Given that F1 teams have spoken how important the American market is to F1.

I would be interested to know what CVC strategy is for F1 going forward. From the outside looking in, it appears they're going to allow Bernie run F1 until he croaks.

Sometimes I think Bernie takes lessons from Eric Cartman in his "no, you can't come to F1 races, we don't want you here, don't bother showing up you're not the "right" crowd" approach to promotion.

There's only so much you can get from elitism, the USGP case was bizarre, scheduling a race at the same time as the NASCAR finale was either arrogant or naive in the extreme.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:24 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Funniest member award winner

Away from the future governance of F1 etc. and back to the more important topic of Christmas songs and F1 drivers, The Pretenders were on the radio today with 2000 miles and I thought it would be the perfect song for Kimi's 2012.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A guy i know who was ex Mclaren (now at Lotus/Caterham) has tweeted that he had a E-mail from a former collegue telling him that they have made people redundant at Mclaren.. dont know what dept he was in but it was the F1 bit.

It's your forum and I paid the bills this year.. :p :p

and if people don't like it they shouldComplain here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:13 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Probably the "reliability" section.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

ryan86 wrote:
Away from the future governance of F1 etc. and back to the more important topic of Christmas songs and F1 drivers, The Pretenders were on the radio today with 2000 miles and I thought it would be the perfect song for Kimi's 2012.

So now I'm wondering who's season would be appropriate for The Proclaimers "500 Miles".

Eddington mains wrote:
A guy i know who was ex Mclaren (now at Lotus/Caterham) has tweeted that he had a E-mail from a former collegue telling him that they have made people redundant at Mclaren.. dont know what dept he was in but it was the F1 bit.

Wouldn't this have something to do with the Mercedes departure from McLaren?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Vodafone leaving and no other sponsor stepping in?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:41 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Vodafone is still McLaren's main sponsor; their press release for the launch says 'the Vodafone McLaren Mercedes MP4-28', but it is up for renewal at the end of 2013 I think. If I was being cynical, I'd say that's a big reason why Perez was chosen over Hulkenberg.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:55 pm 

kals wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

So now I'm wondering who's season would be appropriate for The Proclaimers "500 Miles".

Eddington mains wrote:

Wouldn't this have something to do with the Mercedes departure from McLaren?

I just realised I made a catastrophic miscalculation (I was concentrating on driving in torrential rain) and that Kimi actually drove nearly 4000 miles. I guess Grosjean was probably nearest 2000 miles.

Maybe an "An Iceman Came Travelling". Kimi's message usually as audible and interesting as the one the spaceman brings in CdB's classic.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:04 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'd say the Kimi song would be Led Zepplin's "The Immigrant Song."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:35 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

Russian GP track in Sochi on schedule :thumbsup:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104932

looks pretty cool actually

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1248 249 250 251 252261 Next