TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 6:08 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1203 204 205 206 207 Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:08 pm 
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division
Russian Propaganda Machine - Benelux Division

She probably found out it was in fact Jenson knocking her out with gas and stealing the ring.

On a brighter note - Kimi is getting married.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:54 pm 
God Complex Ahoy!
God Complex Ahoy!

That leaves the door open for you now son with Jenson's ex ball and chain. x

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:01 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That's unlikely, Jessica is not Russian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
Russia still fights for territory with Japan, I guess that counts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Just watching FIA season review. Nothing new or interesting there (at least in Disc 1). I wish they would do them like 1998 review with lots of news and footage behind the scenes between the race highlights. Thanks to Bernievision they used to have usable material and in-depth interviews from the race weekends, for example there was some kind of mini-documentaries about different teams and technical stuff and stories about drivers. I think they could still do a more documentary-style of a review with little bit of effort.
Now it's just as sterile and bland as the whole sports.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:35 pm 

Well that's another example of classic Bernie! Charge the most he can for the bare minimum of product!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 3:31 am 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

Can anyone post the Montréal part of the review ? I've been told part of my interview is there in addition to the preview they made back in June :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:38 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JJ wrote:
Just watching FIA season review. Nothing new or interesting there (at least in Disc 1). I wish they would do them like 1998 review with lots of news and footage behind the scenes between the race highlights. Thanks to Bernievision they used to have usable material and in-depth interviews from the race weekends, for example there was some kind of mini-documentaries about different teams and technical stuff and stories about drivers. I think they could still do a more documentary-style of a review with little bit of effort.

I long ago gave up on buying or even watching the reviews for this reason. I had every review on VHS I could get from 82 - 2002 only 86 that I didn't have. I really liked the 1999 review for some reason.

I'm of the belief that the reviews should have unseen/unbroadcast footage, different race edits and the technical pieces that you described. In this day and age they should be as comprehensive and in depth as possible. I think the last review I watched was either 2011 or 2012? and it was just boring.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:09 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Given the saturation-level coverage around the weekends, there is no real reason why the review DVD cannot be a visual version of Autocourse. I think it's just another example of how Bernie completely fails to understand 21st century media.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

This isn't exclusive to F1 reviews. It is a format being widely used and has been so for many years. Whether it is F1, BTCC, WSBK, BSB, and so on, the format of these reviews is to provide nothing but extended highlights of every race.

But we'll ignore that this has been going on for many years and covering many series and just moan that this is a Bernie only issue...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The funny thing is that back in the days when FOM wasn't in control of the TV production for every race everyone was complaining that they are holding back footage in order to boost the end of season DVD sales. Nowadays we basically get to see everything and there is practically no unseen suff anymore and there are complains that the season review does not feature more exclusive stuff.
Most of the classic season review style in-depth features are now available throughout the year via the F1 app.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

there's nothing interesting to see either, team crew are just a bunch of old grumpy men and the drivers act like souless dummies outside the cars and inside the racing venues

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:31 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

webbsy wrote:
JJ wrote:

I long ago gave up on buying or even watching the reviews for this reason. I had every review on VHS I could get from 82 - 2002 only 86 that I didn't have. I really liked the 1999 review for some reason.

I'm of the belief that the reviews should have unseen/unbroadcast footage, different race edits and the technical pieces that you described. In this day and age they should be as comprehensive and in depth as possible. I think the last review I watched was either 2011 or 2012? and it was just boring.

Same. Season review shouldn't exist anymore anyway and won't work anymore. We have to admit it !

Now there is iTunes. There is the power of internet. You can watch everything on a tablet or on your computer.
FOM should use internet as a boost and there is nothing they can't do to save that. It's the end of that DVD/Blu-Ray era doesn't matter what they do. Even with exclusive stuff, fans wouldn't buy them because you'ill be able to see them on the web at some point.

They should have a subcription on their website to watch the races there (and be able to see race reviews / interview / multiple onboard live etc...). Like 5€ per month, I'll sure a lot of fans would pay for it and race reviews will be able to be seen there, whenever you want...

No need to have a long and expensive deal with pay tv channels that no one can watch. Same for a season review on DVD that no one will buy even if the season is exciting.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:08 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
This isn't exclusive to F1 reviews. It is a format being widely used and has been so for many years. Whether it is F1, BTCC, WSBK, BSB, and so on, the format of these reviews is to provide nothing but extended highlights of every race.

But we'll ignore that this has been going on for many years and covering many series and just moan that this is a Bernie only issue...

I didn't know that. Whomever grows a pair of balls first and actually changes the status quo will cash in then. Does IndyCar have one? :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:18 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

That'll never happen, TV rights bring in £380Million alone, divide that by £60 a punter (for a yearly sub at £5 a month) and you need to find 6.3Million subscribers for it to even bring in the same amount of revenue, let alone more, while you're doing that, you have to remove all coverage from TV (or drastically reduce it), otherwise people simply won't pay twice for coverage (you might, but Joe Public won't, look at boxing and mma, went ppv but now mostly back on regular TV cos nobody watched the ppv).

That's not including the billion plus revenue you'd have to make up because sponsors no longer found the sport attractive for sponsoring, because they only have a target audience of six million as opposed to half a billion.

Making it a service that runs alongside regular TV and you've got an idea, but no way would they take the risk of going completely ppv, nobody would watch and nobody would want to sponsor it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:32 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

It is the future, they just need to let it happen already. If they miss the train, it can hurt them good.

The biggest problem is that they bloated their own pie and it keeps on bloating until it bursts. It will be interesting to see what happens when CVC sells their stock ánd when Bernie quits for whatever reason.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:02 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

meanwhile, season pass from american sporting leagues gives exclusive content at low prices and massive revenue

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:49 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau ... am-664965/

Quote:
Accounts also confirm that Genii Capital and its affiliate Gravity Motorsports have retained 10 percent ownership of the restructured organisation, and waived £98.2m of shareholder loans to the team.

Ouch.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:48 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

According to Belgian media, Abu Dhabi have recently stopped terrorists who planned an attack on the circuit. Not during a race or so, only focus was the track.

For once pity that they were caught.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:08 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

As much as I dislike the track, I'd rather they didn't blow it up, I have a friend that works there :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 4124 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1203 204 205 206 207 Next