TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Tue May 28, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 516 Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:45 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hopefully Ferrari will have some decent race pace again. If not, it would be nice if Rosberg could mess the start up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:47 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

De Cesaris fan wrote:
Hopefully Ferrari will have some decent race pace again. If not, it would be nice if Rosberg could mess the start up.

You mean like he did in Melbourne, yet still got handed the race on a silver platter?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

A bit awkward situation with Alonso. They have medical tests to clear a driver, but now he is only clear for free practise. Is it because they're pushing the FIA to let Alonso race, have they become more carefull or is this coming from Alonso?

The whole medical scrutiny has been curious at best the last two years.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:11 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

siggy wrote:
A bit awkward situation with Alonso. They have medical tests to clear a driver, but now he is only clear for free practise. Is it because they're pushing the FIA to let Alonso race, have they become more carefull or is this coming from Alonso?

Looking at the tremendous impact and the problems he had following that, I think both Alonso and the FIA doctors are being way too optmistic to let him race. In cases like that, it's always better to be on the safe side! We never know what may happen in a race. If Alonso suffers another crash with similar impact, the consequences could be terrible! He should wait and comeback at the start of the European Season at Sochi!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:12 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't know. But I think Professor Sid Watkins had allowed Alonso to race already in Bahrain.
Great quote by Brundle:
Quote:
Sid W would often prescribe ’a stiff whisky and aspirin’ unless your leg was hanging off,” Brundle recalled. “His way of saying ’just put up and get on with it.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... ed-84.html

Moreover the medical aspect of F1 has become more and more mysterious ever since Sid and Hartstein retired. Even during this Alonso case I haven't seen a single statement by Dr. Ian Roberts, if he still works for F1. Just another policy by Todt: keep everything hidden from the public.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:19 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Lucasjeha wrote:
siggy wrote:

Looking at the tremendous impact and the problems he had following that, I think both Alonso and the FIA doctors are being way too optmistic to let him race. In cases like that, it's always better to be on the safe side! We never know what may happen in a race. If Alonso suffers another crash with similar impact, the consequences could be terrible! He should wait and comeback at the start of the European Season at Sochi!

His injuries were apparently discovered days after he was cleared after the crash.

Is reporting on f1 matters becoming crap or am i reading the wrong sites? I missed that completely.

Remember Barichello at Imola? He raced with his wrist in a cast.

There is something to be said for 'don't be a wimp, just race', but as an example, Sainz last year should never ever have been allowed to race. Even when he stated he git headaches and almost blacked out, there were no repurcussions.

The medical side seems very iffy and not straight forward at all.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:37 pm 

JJ wrote:
Moreover the medical aspect of F1 has become more and more mysterious ever since Sid retired and Hartstein got fired. Even during this Alonso case I haven't seen a single statement by Dr. Ian Roberts, if he still works for F1. Just another policy by Todt: keep everything hidden from the public.

fixed that for you :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 7:51 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JJ wrote:
I don't know. But I think Professor Sid Watkins had allowed Alonso to race already in Bahrain.
Great quote by Brundle:
Quote:
Sid W would often prescribe ’a stiff whisky and aspirin’ unless your leg was hanging off,” Brundle recalled. “His way of saying ’just put up and get on with it.”
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... ed-84.html

Moreover the medical aspect of F1 has become more and more mysterious ever since Sid and Hartstein retired. Even during this Alonso case I haven't seen a single statement by Dr. Ian Roberts, if he still works for F1. Just another policy by Todt: keep everything hidden from the public.

Hartstein didn't retire, he was removed from Medical Car duty but kept on as a consultant for FIA. Then his consultant contract with FIA wasn't renewed. Both roles changed without reasoning from FIA to Hartstein.

His blog is very enlightening about the procedures, or lack of, during FIA events.

I suspect Sid is turning in his grave.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:15 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

siggy wrote:
Lucasjeha wrote:
siggy wrote:

His injuries were apparently discovered days after he was cleared after the crash.

Is reporting on f1 matters becoming crap or am i reading the wrong sites? I missed that completely.

There is something to be said for 'don't be a wimp, just race', but as an example, Sainz last year should never ever have been allowed to race. Even when he stated he git headaches and almost blacked out, there were no repurcussions.

Yes, actually, his injuries were announced in the begin of the Bahrain GP week. I completelly agree with you about Sainz. F1 has become so safe lately, that it seems the drivers and even the doctors don't take the risks too seriously. I can understand it (by the driver's side), if it was me, I wouldn't care about the risks of injuries, I would want to race at any cost. But that's where the doctors should act and stop the drivers from doing stupid things. Just hope we have a clean weekend and that Alonso can fully recovery soon!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:28 pm 
2011 TBK-Light most negative awards, award winner

Everyone is so paranoid at something going wrong these days. All this insurance crap is making everything so sterile.

Then they decide to put a tractor on a live race track in a dicey corner while its wet :( :(

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
Lucasjeha wrote:
siggy wrote:

Err, I thought Sainz lied during the medical and said he wasn't experiencing any headaches etc. It was then only after the race that he decided to tell the world what he had infact taken a beating.

That's the way Harstein's blog made it sound.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:57 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Oh look, smog.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:13 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hamilton spun.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Puncture for Massa.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Another puncture for Massa.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:55 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Second puncture for Massa, another tyre set gone! Lol!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:57 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Looks like it's rubbing on the body work?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:58 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Oh wow a ton of debris on the back stretch, looks like a Lotus LR suspension is dead.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:00 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Uhh.. those course workers brooms look like they brought them from home.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:03 am 

Those buildings beyond the front stretch grow in size and number every year

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 312 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 516 Next