TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 514 Next
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:30 pm 
Eddie Jordan

StefMeister wrote:
I wish Bernie would just go away now.

He just did an interview on Sky where he basically said everything was terrible, All the rules needed to be changed (Because they have been in place for ages) & the new engines should be scrapped to go back to what we had before.

I kinda graee on the engines. People said "oh, you'll grow to like them"

Um...no! They sounded horrible in Feb in testing and still sound horrible now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:40 pm 

StefMeister wrote:
I wish Bernie would just go away now.

He just did an interview on Sky where he basically said everything was terrible, All the rules needed to be changed (Because they have been in place for ages) & the new engines should be scrapped to go back to what we had before.

I didn't see it but I think I would agree, with what I suppose he said, in lots of points, then.

I don't mind the PUs, or their's sound, at all. What I completely despise is the current gimmick reliance. Unlike most people who saw great races in Bahrain, Hockenheim and etc, I felt most of the battles/overtakes to be completely bland.

Basically, the only on-track thing I will remember from this year(on the positive side) was the Alonso-Vettel little battle in Silverstone which was more old-school like. In my modest view, I would love an extensive revamp. I would allow much more ground effects and ban wings altogether, for instance. Would additionally allow wider tires, no engine REV limitation, no need to use both compounds of tires and, if possible, extract more energy from MGU-k and MGU-h to reach something like 1000HP on peak power. With all that, I think we could have overtaking being down to driver skill, again. And cars would be faster as I would like them too.

But I know none of those things will happen in near future(maybe the wider tires, as exception), if ever, so I got over with it and F1 is a lesser thing for me now. The only thing that gives me some confort is to know that the tv audiences have been, consistently, dropping on F1 traditional major markets(Germany, Brazil...)

As said by others, Bernie likely doesn't think that, he's just using it as strategy. At least taking it away from CVC would be already a good thing.

I like very much the concept of VSC, possibly the best thing to be implemented in F1 this year.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Speedworx wrote:
I kinda graee on the engines. People said "oh, you'll grow to like them"

Um...no! They sounded horrible in Feb in testing and still sound horrible now.
I wouldn't mind them been a bit louder but I quite like the actual sound of the new engines.

The thing I love more though is how the increased torque & the way the power comes in is seeing the cars moving around under acceleration a lot more with drivers having to be a lot more careful with the throttle application than they have been for a long time now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:48 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I love the grumble, it just needs to be louder.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:26 pm 
Moderator - Shareholder
Moderator - Shareholder

They don't sound bad. But they don't sound good. They sound like Formula Renaults frankly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:02 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

But the increase in torque and the way these cars step out under acceleration and are much more of a challenge makes them worth it alone.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:30 am 
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?
Its not Rocket Surgery or Brain Science is it?

Here we go again?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/n ... out-threat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:44 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shit-stirring from the Guardian. Lopez said he had no idea what Fernley was on about, and didn't think there was any conspiracy.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:27 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

After what toto Wolff said they should actually imho.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:44 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I like how most are taking Wolff's comments out of context, but then that's normal for TBK. That quote alone is right, don't buy what you cannot afford, etc... How about we don't ignore the rest of what he said, which included...

Quote:
Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff said: "The teams in F1 today should stay in F1 and they should all look at the situation and come up with a short-term plan, how to have a healthy grid, and a long-term plan.

"We are talking about money distribution which is an issue for the commercial rights holder, and I don't have a solution.

"I can come up with many ideas which can be short term solutions but it comes back to the principle that whatever you give to the teams they are going to spend."

But hey, let's unfairly and unnecessarily fixate on a single piece of information that has been taken completely out of context instead of understanding the overall point Wolff was making, which was actually 100% correct.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:29 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so how long until they realize they need to make some steps backward?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:55 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

FP3 starting. I like the track, but watching free practices here is so dull compared to that of Suzuka or even Interlagos

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

kals wrote:
I like how most are taking Wolff's comments out of context, but then that's normal for TBK. That quote alone is right, don't buy what you cannot afford, etc... How about we don't ignore the rest of what he said, which included...

Quote:
Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff said: "The teams in F1 today should stay in F1 and they should all look at the situation and come up with a short-term plan, how to have a healthy grid, and a long-term plan.

"We are talking about money distribution which is an issue for the commercial rights holder, and I don't have a solution.

"I can come up with many ideas which can be short term solutions but it comes back to the principle that whatever you give to the teams they are going to spend."

But hey, let's unfairly and unnecessarily fixate on a single piece of information that has been taken completely out of context instead of understanding the overall point Wolff was making, which was actually 100% correct.

I watched the whole conference and he was pretty clear in what he meant, even turning round and laughing at Lopez and the Force India guy in that condescending type of way people do when they don't consider something "their problem" whenever someone bought up the subject of money distribution.

He will make a wonderful politician one day when he get's bored at playing Formula One.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:05 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Why don't these big teams understand their wins and titles mean less when they are won against little competition? Mercedes title isn't that big of an achievement, they won it by outspending and not because they are the best raceteam. When it's a very close field and you win it is worth a lot more. And to get a close field there needs to be a budget cap and a fair chance for small teams to score regular points.

Vettel and Red Bulls 2010 and 2012 close title wins are more impressive to me than their total dominant once in 2011 and 2013.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:37 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It seems that Sauber, Force India & Lotus are actually serious about possibly boycotting tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 pm 
Champion GIF Maker
Champion GIF Maker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:43 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

What do they have to loose at this moment? They start and park. Outrage by fans and at least something might be done.... It makes no sense to have a formula 1 with 4 core teams over the years and the rest just to fill the grid.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:58 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

10 spot grid penalty for Kvyat for using a 7th engine.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:
What do they have to loose at this moment? They start and park. Outrage by fans and at least something might be done.... It makes no sense to have a formula 1 with 4 core teams over the years and the rest just to fill the grid.

Less chance of Maldonado wrecking himself or anyone in the field. And it's not as if he had a hope of scoring points anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:18 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That was Grosjean hindering someone.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 514 Next