TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:40 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

And he's blaming everyone for his retarded driving :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's the same with Sergio Canamasas in GP2. How he has never been banned for his driving standards I don't know. Even more puzzling when you remember Matsushita got banned for screwing up SC restarts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:50 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Fabs wrote:

I'd like to see the official F1 graphics saying that.

"Car number 33 (Verstappen) under investigation - retarded driving"

"PENALTY - 5 seconds stop and go penalty for the car number 33 (Verstappen) - retarded driving"

One can dream. Then again the FIA made many rule changes just because of Michael Schumacher. Like the points system, blocking rules, testing limitations, engine change penalties, banning spare cars...etc.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:54 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

Gaara wrote:
It's the same with Sergio Canamasas in GP2. How he has never been banned for his driving standards I don't know. Even more puzzling when you remember Matsushita got banned for screwing up SC restarts.

I wouldn't compare Canamasas or Maldonado to Max. Pastor and Sergio cause accidents and danger by being irratic when running out of talent. Verstappen is talented and does his moves in purpose. It's like comparing a guy who killed someone accidentally in a bar fight to a hitman.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:03 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

The Wherlein Button could have ended very badly for Wherlein if there was higher speed. Thanks to low noses where the rear of the front drivers car is invited to climb on the nose of the one behind... im just saying.
Sooner or later one driver will get the whole diffuser int the helmet cuz of the low noses and then theyll go back to 2011 noses...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:05 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

NVirkkula wrote:
Fabs wrote:

I'd like to see the official F1 graphics saying that.

"Car number 33 (Verstappen) under investigation - retarded driving"

"PENALTY - 5 seconds stop and go penalty for the car number 33 (Verstappen) - retarded driving"

One can dream. Then again the FIA made many rule changes just because of Michael Schumacher. Like the points system, blocking rules, testing limitations, engine change penalties, banning spare cars...etc.

"BLACK FLAG for CAR 33-Too HUNGRY 4 SUM FATALZ"

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:51 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

alex1369 wrote:
The Wherlein Button could have ended very badly for Wherlein if there was higher speed. Thanks to low noses where the rear of the front drivers car is invited to climb on the nose of the one behind... im just saying.
Sooner or later one driver will get the whole diffuser int the helmet cuz of the low noses and then theyll go back to 2011 noses...

Did this ever happen during the late 80s or 90s, when low noses were de rigeur? Not disagreeing with you at all, just cannot recall it happening during that time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:11 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Paletti arguably died because of that. And there was Piquet and fuck-if-I-know-who under the rain in Adelaide I think, late 80s / early 90s, had the back wheel comfortably pressing on his helmet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:55 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Paletti died when the 'crumple-zone' was pretty much where the driver sat. They sat so far forward.

Same for Pironi and others.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:25 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Max is a dickhead. Most fans at Spa are Dutchmen,,they just crawled out of nowhere now when they have Max to support,and he is driving like a total moron. Agressive is one term,stupid dangerous and then talking bullshit after that is idiotic. Just hope someone doesn't get hurt because of him.
Very predictable from such a nation,sorry to tell that. Met many of them,behaving just like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:08 am 

Nobody forced Kimi to go inside...., and Max did just one move, what was he supposed to do?, choose early to go right, and watch Kimi pass by on the left? I have always liked drivers like Montoya, Senna, and the agressive style of Max, but today's F1 is well... I better not say anything, don't want another notification. But you get my point, I saw nothing wrong, and neither did the officials....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:21 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

I just don't think Max is as good at being in front of people as he is being behind them

When he's behind he seems instinctively able to sense what his opponent is about to do and almost react to their decision before they've made it, giving us some wonderful overtaking moves.

When he's in front, he's not quite as strong, he waits until the last minute to make his move and that might keep him the place 9 times out of 10, fine, but that 1 time it doesn't is going to be a mighty accident.

Saying all that, this is the kind of thing drivers his age are usually doing in F3 or Formula Renault Races away from public condemnation, they throw a stupid block, cause a crash, get a bollocking and penalty from the clark of the course and they know not to do it again
One of the side effects of skipping the ladder series is he's making the same mistakes any other 18 year old is doing on national TV in front of millions of pairs of eyes.

Hopefully he'll learn from this and calm down when he's defending otherwise he'll be having a much bigger accident than those his age who do it in the ladder series would do.

As for the "Max effect" meaning a lot of casual dutch fans are getting swept up in "Max-mania" and don't understand the sport?
Well, if they keep coming to Spa and adding to that circuits beleaguered profits, I'll live with it.
Anything to keep Spa safe and away from Bernie trying to bleed it dry for every last cent, I'm ok with.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:49 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

LucasWheldon wrote:
interesting to see that in one of the most dangerous tracks the stewards didn't issued one single penalty on dangerous driving

And what a relief to not be talking about penalties interfering with the racing. I'd much rather these things get sorted out on the track, and if Verstappen needs to learn a lesson he'll probably learn it better through crashing or repeated criticism by the other drivers. IMO the first corner was pretty much a racing incident though, everyone pretty much had a right to be there and none of them really made a full retard move to cause the crash.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:51 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
if they put a penalty to Max today maybe the crowd would go crazy against the stewards haha

but not taking action to racing incidents was very positive, quite remembers 20 years ago when racing didn't had so many intervention from outside, just that one on Kimi should had taken at least a time penalty or some points on his sheet for dangerous maneuver

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:09 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Still can believe of violent that crash was early in the race

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:15 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

DinoMarko93 wrote:
Max is a dickhead. Most fans at Spa are Dutchmen,,they just crawled out of nowhere now when they have Max to support,and he is driving like a total moron. Agressive is one term,stupid dangerous and then talking bullshit after that is idiotic. Just hope someone doesn't get hurt because of him.
Very predictable from such a nation,sorry to tell that. Met many of them,behaving just like that.

He's a teenager who thinks he's the shit so this is the result. Sooner or later he'll get a reality check.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:24 am 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

iks wrote:
DinoMarko93 wrote:

He's a teenager who thinks he's the shit so this is the result. Sooner or later he'll get a reality check.

FIA should have handed him that reality check long time ago but it seems like they've outsourced that to the laws of physics.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

codename_47 wrote:

Saying all that, this is the kind of thing drivers his age are usually doing in F3 or Formula Renault Races away from public condemnation, they throw a stupid block, cause a crash, get a bollocking and penalty from the clark of the course and they know not to do it again
One of the side effects of skipping the ladder series is he's making the same mistakes any other 18 year old is doing on national TV in front of millions of pairs of eyes.

Hopefully he'll learn from this and calm down when he's defending otherwise he'll be having a much bigger accident than those his age who do it in the ladder series would do.

This is spot on. Some of the moves or lack of racing awareness in the lower formulas are horrific. I want hard but fair racing, and in time I think Max (and others) will learn, but only if they are made accountable, if not, the one time that they will be called out for it is when they put another driver into the hedges and by then it will be too late.

The problem with Max's moves, as has been stated on here and on commentary, isn't so much the blocking moves, rather the timing of his moves, waiting till he can see what the other driver is doing, then making small subtle movements at the last minute, which in my opinion are way more dangerous than the obvious swipe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Scotty wrote:
nascarf1indycar wrote:
Nobody forced Kimi to go inside...., and Max did just one move, what was he supposed to do?, choose early to go right, and watch Kimi pass by on the left? I have always liked drivers like Montoya, Senna, and the agressive style of Max, but today's F1 is well... I better not say anything, don't want another notification. But you get my point, I saw nothing wrong, and neither did the officials....

I don't get your point because swerving at 310km/h blocking opponents who have 30km/h on you who are only a few feet behind them is a really dick thing to do. Senna or Montoya never did anything like that, ever. The only thing that springs to mind was Senna's move on Prost at Estoril, but he left a car space to his right, Max didn't.

This. Senna was a blocker when he felt like it, but that isn't what Max does. Did you listen to Kimi, or anyone in the previous races? The problem is not (just) that Max blocks. It is that he waits for the driver behind to commit, and *then* blocks. That is 100% more dangerous than moving predictably, because the driver behind may not actually have a way of backing out once they commit. It may have worked in F3 because the speeds are much lower, but it shows a massive lack of awareness on his part.

The stewards probably did nothing because they would have probably faced a riot had they black flagged him, I'm sad to say.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 436 posts ]  Go to page Previous 118 19 20 21 22 Next