TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 5:42 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1176 177 178 179 180261 Next

were you born before or after SPA 1991? (MSC F1 Debut)
Before 86%  86%  [ 190 ]
After 14%  14%  [ 30 ]
Total votes: 220
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:48 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

coldtyre wrote:
Interested in seeing where Hamilton will take the Mercedes next year in terms of pure speed. He may get something out of it (like Alonso with the Ferrari) as they've been consistently in the top ten qualifiers this year with a good but not exceptional pair of drivers.

Tobias wrote:
Joe Saward

Quote:
Perhaps Mercedes will pull it off and then Hamilton will look clever, but I fear that this will be a move similar to James Hunt joining Wolf; Emerson Fittipaldi joining Fittipaldi, Jacques Villeneuve moving to BAR

Could have added Schumacher to Ferrari. A half-disaster that turned out to be the start of a legend.

when schumacher moved to ferrari he brought with him two names like Ross Brown and Rory Byrne.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:51 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Gaara wrote:
Mercedes say Rosberg will have equal treatment.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102913

While Mercedes does have Brawn, they really have been making some very strange strategy calls this year that have cost them points.

Rosberg should start to be a little pissed. He came to Mercedes being told he would be the 1st driver. Than a 40 year old retired driver came and stole him the spotlight and the developement of the car. Now the 40 years old is going away and here it comes one of the most quoted young driver around stealing the spotlight again. If i'll be in his shoes i'll start to look around for other seats, the car is a crap and he's treated like shit.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:31 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

I personally feel that McLaren won't have an exceptional driver since a long time. Button is great and Perez is promising, but exceptional? They've had Hamilton, Alonso, Raikkonen, Hakkinen and Senna if you go really back without any interference (not counting Mika's period of recovering) so I really hope either one of them can make it work in 2013.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:33 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

viXious wrote:
I saw this coming from Perez, it made just too much sense and he told Ferrari to hurry up with their decision before.

Scotty wrote:
acopip wrote:
So, who said it first? ;)

Just about everybody about 2 weeks ago.

I said it on september 9th ;)

And I am sorry for doubting you.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:01 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

Button now has to spend all of next season driving a car that has primarily been designed for and around Hamilton. That might be fun for him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:04 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

cambridge wrote:
Gaara wrote:
Mercedes say Rosberg will have equal treatment.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102913

While Mercedes does have Brawn, they really have been making some very strange strategy calls this year that have cost them points.

Rosberg should start to be a little pissed. He came to Mercedes being told he would be the 1st driver. Than a 40 year old retired driver came and stole him the spotlight and the developement of the car. Now the 40 years old is going away and here it comes one of the most quoted young driver around stealing the spotlight again. If i'll be in his shoes i'll start to look around for other seats, the car is a crap and he's treated like shit.

Rosberg will never be a 1st driver in a F1 top team. He just doesn't have that edge that other drivers do have.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:10 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

COTA has issued a list of items that will not be permitted inside the circuit gates

[spoiler]Alcoholic Beverages
 Animals (exception for certified service animals)
 Bags or parcels larger than 12X12X20 inches
 Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, skates, segways, golf carts or other unauthorized means of
transportation
 Coolers, thermoses or ice chests
 Distribution of unauthorized promotional or commercial material
 Food and Beverage (Note: sealed, individual, plastic bottles of water are allowed)
 Fireworks, explosives or other incendiary devices
 Glass or metal containers of any style
 Illegal substances
 Items that may be deemed a safety hazard or annoyance to participants or guests (balls, Frisbees,
balloons, projectiles, horns, radios, bells, whistles, musical instruments, laser pointers, etc.)
 Large, golf-type umbrellas
 Non-collapsible chairs
 Tents or canopies
 Video cameras, still cameras with lenses exceeding 10 inches in length or detachable lenses of any
kind, audio recording devices and tripods; no video recording will be allowed
 Weapons of any kind, including guns, knives, pepper spray, handcuffs, nightsticks or other items[/spoiler]

:ohmy:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:13 pm 
Admin - Shareholder
Admin - Shareholder

No guns? Fucks sake, race ruined.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:14 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

:lol:

Also:

Quote:
Video cameras, still cameras with lenses exceeding 10 inches in length or detachable lenses of any

Seriously?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:18 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

To be honest, you're not allowed to bring in Video cameras anywhere because of the broadcasting rights FOM has with TV companies.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I'm more surprised by the fact that you can't take large umbrellas. What harm can they cause?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:32 pm 
Belgian Waffle.
Belgian Waffle.

Video's I can kinda understand, but even a camera? Isn't that a bit over the top?

amq55 wrote:
I'm more surprised by the fact that you can't take large umbrellas. What harm can they cause?

Stabbing? :p

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:33 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

2013 calendar
http://www.f1zone.net/news/fia-confirms ... dar/15944/

No Concorde Agreement yet!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:38 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Rubmifer wrote:

Also:

Quote:
Video cameras, still cameras with lenses exceeding 10 inches in length or detachable lenses of any

Seriously?

no phones, ipods then either, lol

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:48 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rubmifer wrote:

Also:

Quote:

Seriously?

IIRC, Coachella music festival, for example, has similar restrictions.

But the prohibition of recording is the kind of law that is quite hard to be enforced.

Last edited by EAS on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:52 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Shock moves today.

Who else can't wait for next year when Lewis starts whinging and blaming others at Mercedes. With his attitude and ego, and a team that more often than not has been in the mid-field, it won't be long before that happens..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:13 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Raikkon wrote:
Shock moves today.

Who else can't wait for next year when Lewis starts whinging and blaming others at Mercedes. With his attitude and ego, and a team that more often than not has been in the mid-field, it won't be long before that happens..

What? Lewis just "whined" one time at Spa this year. He didn't wine at all the others failures Mclaren did this year, and that is a lot!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:28 pm 
The Finnish Paul Page
The Finnish Paul Page

phil1993 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, only AMG Mercedes GP hasn't signed the new contract and they were supposed to do so today, right?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Raikkon wrote:
Shock moves today.

What claptrap. Lewis has had the most reason of any driver to moan this year and yet he hasn't. Mclaren screwed him out of points in Australia, Bahrain, Spain, Monaco and Singapore. And he's been taken out in Spa with poor luck in Germany [being the only car to manage to get a puncture from Lap 1 leftovers].

The only retirement he has been directly responsible for is arguably Valencia. He should be in contention for the WDC, instead he has an incredibly slim chance at it with it realistically being a direct fight between Alonso and Vettel for Title #3.

Was his driving substandard at times in 2011? You bet it was, but he came back in a better mental frame and bar Alonso has been the best driver this season and constantly let down by reliability.

I'd be shocked if Lewis was going into Mercedes expecting to win from the start. He knows there is a lot of work to do, but why not take a shot? Whitmarsh has made it more than clear on several occasions that Jenson seems to be his favoured one. Red Bull is not an option, and Ferrari isn't either, especially if they've already got Vettel lined up for 2014 or beyond.

If things don't go well by the time his Mercedes contract ends, and assuming Vettel remains at RBR, Alonso will probably be considering retirement, and if not that Ferrari kicked Schumacher to the curb to get Raikkonen when he wouldn't commit, they'll have no problem doing the same to Alonso come 2016 if they want to add Lewis to their team then either.

It's an interesting move. Perez versus Button is the most intriguing battle at the front next year as I expect Lewis to comfortable beat Rosberg. Vettel to laugh at any Webber challenge and if Ferrari retain Massa then they're idiots. They could get a one year rental in Kobayashi, Kovalainen, Glock or even Alguesuari. The Force India pairing too potentially.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:31 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

NVirkkula wrote:
phil1993 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, only AMG Mercedes GP hasn't signed the new contract and they were supposed to do so today, right?

They've reached a "commercial agreement" with FOM. So they have signed, I guess there's minute details yet to sort out.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5205 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1176 177 178 179 180261 Next