TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Sat Jun 08, 2024 4:18 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:05 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Magny-Cours 2002 was a perfect example of impartial and consistent judgement. Today they're fucked up either way when the penalties are thrown at the behest of a roulette ball.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:14 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

F1 has ALWAYS being that kind of show. Remember Japan 1989. Remember qualifying at Monza 2006.

BTW, in Russia 2014, Rosberg had the inside to Lewis, he locked up and cut the first corner. The team ORDERED him to give Lewis the position back. At 0:38 ->

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:57 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I thought they would only issue a penalty if a driver cuts the corner more than one time, not in the first time already

we can also guess FIA did that to compensate the penalties that Verstapped should had been issued but he didn't

anyway the kid is doing different from everybody and he took a shot, like Schumacher did many many times, too bad it didn't worked out right

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:23 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Lots of #nastyhombres ITT

But seriously, the way the tracks are now, being a steward is a useless thankless position. Nobody could keep up with the amount of drivers-crossing-lines-they-shouldn't-cross incidents every lap and keep everyone here happy. The only way this ever worked was with the track handing out the penalty instantly through a trip through the gravel or broken suspension from a ripple strip. As long as they continue to race in parking lots with lines painted on them this will be the way it is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

coldtyre wrote:
What matters is the gap between drivers before turn 1, and after turn 3. It looked the same visually. i don't know, the stewards have access to time gaps and all so they'll see it better, but this has happened several times before and was never penalised. When a driver misses his braking and leaves the track, they just cut and try to rejoin without gaining too much time on their opponent so that they don't get penalised (Lewis didnt even bother rabout that last point in turn 1 really, I really expected him to lift off a bit)

Here, a lot of observers were talking about "giving" the position, even Vettel kept saying that when no position was ever swapped. It's just completely new and weird to me to think like that in a race battle.

EDIT: back in the day, we had:
- Gravel
- No penalties,
Those things used to sort themselves right out. Ah, well...

But that would imply that the FIA are going back to old technology. Catch fencing for the win! would stop every fucker from even thinking about dropping a wheel off the kerb lol.

Seriously I actually think with the growing chorus of commentators and driver's saying there should be gravel that there might just be a small chance that the FIA bring it back in some capacity...but this being the FIA common sense doesn't apply to them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:21 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/126920/vettel-loses-podium-with-mexican-gp-penalty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hahahaha

Now what penalty is he going to get for brining the sport into disrepute? Telling the race director to fuck off over team radio knowing that it would be heard? Yes I know it is what we all want to do but every driver knows that everything they say is heard and can be broad casted.

Last edited by webbsy on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:23 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

The correct result.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:47 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Lewis and his fanboys are hypocritically funny. Last year, Nico won the last three races and Lewis, "finished where he needed to", to win the championship, with three second places. If you win the championship, you win it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:55 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

iks wrote:
Lewis and his fanboys are hypocritically funny. Last year, Nico won the last three races and Lewis, "finished where he needed to", to win the championship, with three second places. If you win the championship, you win it.

The three races Nico won at the end of 2015 were all dead rubbers as Lewis had sealed the championship in Austin. But anyway, Nico is doing what he needs to (like you say).

Who is saying F1 is boring? Podium positions are never known and change hands multiple times during and (hours) after the race. Talk about unpredictability.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:24 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Well at least the FIA has set their precedent with those two penalties. Now let's hope they maintain some consistency moving forward. Or we'll just have penalties being handed out if drivers moan about it enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:35 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hahaha, vettel was always complaining to enforce the rules for defending harder and now he is the first to get a penalty for it. I hope he shuts up now with all the complaining and focuses on driving better. Every team radio he just whines like a kid who doesn't get what he wants. Ricciardo speaks his mind too but never whines and asks for drivers to just give a position. He's the example of a fair hard racer and having good entertaining feedback on the radio.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:45 am 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

What a shit show. The penalties are the correct ones at least. I do find it hilarious that seb is the first driver to get pinged for a manoeuvre he has been so vocal about. If he calmed his shit a bit then maybe he'd have a clearer head when it comes to making on track decisions.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:40 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Seb has turned into a real hot head this year. If he wasn't so blinded by the red mist, he could've stayed wide and let Ricciardo overshoot the corner handing the position back to Seb. However I think he'd decided that he wasn't going to let Ricciardo get by him under any circumstances since he'd never have been in that position to begin with if Verstappen had yielded the position.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:51 am 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

kals wrote:
iks wrote:

The three races Nico won at the end of 2015 were all dead rubbers as Lewis had sealed the championship in Austin. But anyway, Nico is doing what he needs to (like you say).

Lewis literally said the same thing on the podium and meant in genuinely (that'd he'd be racing like Nico in the same situation) and got blasted for it...

I honestly think the drivers give less of a shit about what people think than most people who watch
They'll probably be all sitting on a private jet drinking champagne out of various boots and laughing at it all for getting so mad about their on track racing.

Even Charlie Whiting is probably all "yeah, and you're a prick too, Sebastien" with a smirk on his face behind closed doors, though he'll probably have to give him a fine officially because thems the rules.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:04 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
best post race since Suzuka 1989 haha

imagine if they had live team radio back then, Senna would had said rude things about that old french that ran the sport

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:22 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Then said driver who pushes the other driver off should either get a 10 second stop go penalty or be excluded from the race.

Edit

Stop go for causing the other driver to take a trip through the gravel and exclusion if the other driver is out of the race.

Oh, I just had a neat idea, how ever many seconds the driver who got pushes wide looses, the driver who had him off has the same amount of time added to his race. If the driver who got pushed wide looses places then an additional 5 seconds added to the driver who pushed him off for every place they loose.

Would be pretty easy to judge too, just look at the difference in lap time. Then message on the screen.

Eg. Driver X hung driver Y out on the kerb, driver Y lost 6.5 seconds that lap plus 1 place, driver X gets 11.5 seconds added to race time. Or if driver Y looses 3 places driver X gets 21.5 seconds added to time.

Is it too arrogant to like my own idea? haha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:38 am 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Scotty wrote:
People who are saying that gravel will fix these kind of situations, what happens when a driver makes a move up the inside of a driver, whether they are taking or defending the place uses a normal line (aka uses the kerb) and squeezes the person on the outside (which we see all the time) of into the "gravel trap"? With tarmac run off, squeezing a driver off onto the run off might cost the driver who goes off 1 or 2 seconds, with gravel it would either seriously affect it or possibly end it.

Incidents like Verstappen's one at Hockenheim come to mind.

If gravel trap run-offs were to be reintroduced, the job of the race director would be to make it clear to all the drivers at the briefing that crowding a driver beyond the edge of the track would be treated from that point onwards as a much more serious offence with virtually zero tolerance.

It is the sort of thing that is very easy to clamp down upon if the FIA has the will to do so.

Justin Wilson ¦ 1978-2015

Yeah, I know he's mad and I don't care. I do not care. I did not care then. I do not care now. I'm here to race him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:53 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Everybody gets a penalty! Except #blessed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm getting more and more the feeling that the current crop of drivers don't like to fight for their spot. Just listen to Vettel crying like a little bitch because Massa didn't move over for him while actually fighting for position.

And then there's Max Verstappen. Someone who actually fights for every inch. Logical that the rest doesn't like that. But in all honesty, while his actions are on and even over the edge I don't think its that dangerous perse. The kid eat, sleeps and breaths racing and he's not dumb. When he dives in a gap or shuts the door I'm sure he knows the other guy can anticipate to that to avoid collision.

In actual racing you sometimes miss a corner while in an intense fight. In the good old days you'd either drive trough the gravel or, well shit, you gained some advantage by cutting. The guy behind regrouped and tried again a few corners or laps later. They didn't start crying like a little girl.

I'd say Let them race as long as there isn't blatant disregard for human life. And if anyone in the current field cannot handle that: GTFO!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 354 posts ]  Go to page Previous 114 15 16 17 18 Next