TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 4:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1140 141 142 143 144148 Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:52 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

So predictable. It's the behaviour of a dictator attached to power.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:58 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep, he's the Mugabe of motorsports.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:22 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Except that these elections will most likely be free and fair, and will offer someone else or many people a chance to run against him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:13 pm 
Australian - All the animals look so strange
Australian - All the animals look so strange

JB-F1 wrote:
Let's face it, how many people really thought he was going to go next year in the end?

Me :(

His "one more election period" coupled with the alleged nazi oriented sex orgy that was hyped up everywhere...

Oh well. I don't know if he'll be voted in, anyway. His leadership position has caused large numbers of motorsports clubs to pull their FIA alliance. And the vote would be different to a vote of confidence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:18 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

i guess i hoped he'd leave. never thought he would.

i guess only way he's gonna GTFO of there is if he dies or something :whistling:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:26 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

I am sure Mad Max will working on the smaller motorsport organisations to ensure his position at FIA just like what happened with the Nazi sex affair.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:20 pm 

kals wrote:
Salvador Duran would be a great equal in F1 to that ubber talented Alex Yoong... ;)

You don't know what you are talking about! When Yoong arrived to F1, he had done nothing but an F3000 podium. Salvador has 2 A1 Grand Prix victories (he lead the championship halfway trough season 2, until the team turned to be shit), and he has like 7 podiums. He has won World Series races at Monza, Nurburgring and Silverstone (and 2nd at Le Mans). He was the fastest of the weekend at Monaco (ehere he had a podium last season) but the team sent him to qualify with slicks when it was raining.

He was also British F3 national Champion, so it is way more than what many had done before going to F1.

But he still would probably just be the test driver. The real TELMEX project would be to open the doors to Sergo Pérez, maybe as test driver in 2010 and race driver in 2011. If some of you may wonder, Esteban Gutiérrez is more oriented to be a future BMW Sauber driver (don't tell me I exaggerate before watching him race)...And Thiessen says that at most, he'll be F1 driver by 2011 :thumbsup:

BTW, this morning, Carlos Slim Domit (the son) told he Mexican newspapers that it was all a rumour and it is not true...But if it was true he would not say "Yes, it's true!" anyway, so we remain he same, hoping to have the 2nd Mexican F1 team :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:24 pm 
Who are you counting as the first Mexican team? GLAS?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:26 pm 

Rebaque ;)

GLAS was a fraud and Rodríguez could not start (it was go for 1963) because of the reasons we all know...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:35 pm 
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

JB-F1 wrote:

Thought the same. Did Rebaque run a private McLaren or something. It is from my head.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:39 pm 
bigears wrote:
JB-F1 wrote:

Thought the same. Did Rebaque run a private McLaren or something. It is from my head.

Both a private Lotus and later their own car

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:03 pm 

Yeah first a Lotus and then the HR100, the only Mexican F1 car (though it could just start 1 Grand Prix.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:30 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

JB-F1 wrote:
Mosley: I may not go after all, you suckers

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/72559

Let's face it, how many people really thought he was going to go next year in the end?

Lets just be clear, Mosley won his court case against the NOTW, so that means his S&M session did not have any Nazi content, and was a total intrusion on his private sex life.

He seems to be suggesting there's no one appropiate to become president, is that the case? Where did Mosley come from originally?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:36 am 

I remember that Mad Max was very close of leaving at the end of 2003 or was it 2004. Anyways he will retire much sooner than Bernie. :p

Dunno if this has been posted here but this is the official Christmas card from Bernie to Max:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2008/12/22/b ... tmas-card/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:22 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

daallo wrote:
kals wrote:
Salvador Duran would be a great equal in F1 to that ubber talented Alex Yoong... ;)

You don't know what you are talking about!

To be fair I think we can't just look at some simple stats here. I stand by my comparison.

British F3 National Champ in 2005 is all well and good but he was best of a poor bunch. When Duran moved up to Championship class in 2006 his best finish was a 4th and he finished 10th in the overall Championship. Yoong did spend a few years in F3 (none in Class B) but he had comparable results. As for race wins in A1GP, yes I admit I forgot about those and that is pretty good given the competitiveness of the field. In Yoong's day there was no comparable championship. Since A1GP was started Yoong has taken 4 wins. As for Duran's wins in World Series, well yes that is great but he finished the Championship in 8th in 2007 and 9th in 2008. Yoong did a handful of races in Euro3000 and F3000 in 1999, with a 2nd place at Donington in only his 4th race in the catagory. Yoong finished the Euro3000 Championship in 10th place and did most of a Formula Nippon season (poorly) before being given the Minardi opportunity.

I'm not trying to say or prove that Duran is a terrible racer, just that he is more comparable with many other mediocre drivers out there. He may have had some success in junior Formulaes but that doesn't necessarily translate into F1.

daallo wrote:
But he still would probably just be the test driver. The real TELMEX project would be to open the doors to Sergo Pérez, maybe as test driver in 2010 and race driver in 2011. If some of you may wonder, Esteban Gutiérrez is more oriented to be a future BMW Sauber driver (don't tell me I exaggerate before watching him race)...And Thiessen says that at most, he'll be F1 driver by 2011 :thumbsup:

Putting Duran as the test driver would be the obvious and best route for him.

I must say though that the one driver who impressed me most in British F3 this year was Segio Perez. National champ in 2007 I've got to be honest that I didn't rate him that highly. But his performances this year were just brilliant. In fact, he was the guy I ending up supporting of this years contenders. Lets just hope he can carry his speed through GP2 or WSR in 2009. :thumbsup:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:22 am 

ryan86 wrote:
Had he not had to help Schumacher in France, he could have won the title had all other results remained the same (bar Japan)

A late reply just to correct the misstated. Irvine lost one point by letting MS by, but he lost the championship by 2 points.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:10 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Peter wrote:
ryan86 wrote:
Had he not had to help Schumacher in France, he could have won the title had all other results remained the same (bar Japan)

A late reply just to correct the misstated. Irvine lost one point by letting MS by, but he lost the championship by 2 points.

Yes but if Irvine hadn't lost that one point to MS, then MS would have let Irvine by in Japan for 2nd place so he would have been WC with one point more than Mika.

But I'm glad Hakkinen won it, he really earned it. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:32 pm 
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner
2011 TBK-Light Best Looking Member award winner

Mika Kimi wrote:
Peter wrote:
ryan86 wrote:

Yes but if Irvine hadn't lost that one point to MS, then MS would have let Irvine by in Japan for 2nd place so he would have been WC with one point more than Mika.

But I'm glad Hakkinen won it, he really earned it. 8)

Aren't you too young to remember that?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:49 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Oh no '99 was the first season I watched completely, it's possibly even the season I remember the best. :flag:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 5:43 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Quote:
Drivers hail 'fantastic' Algarve track

The new Algarve circuit has been hailed as "fantastic" by Formula One drivers following their maiden test at the Portuguese track earlier this month.

Formula One made its debut at the Iberian track with a three-day test attended by the Ferrari and McLaren teams.

"It's a fantastic track, it looks like a roller-coaster," McLaren test driver Pedro de la Rosa was quoted as saying by Autosprint magazine.

"It's enjoyable, especially for a test driver who normally always runs on the usual two-three tracks.

"From a physical point of view it's not very demanding: I'd say it's about as demanding as Jerez. However it's possible that when the grip will increase because of the rubber laid on it, then it will be more demanding."

Teammate Gary Paffett added: "This track is a constant challenge because it's an alternation of uphill and downhill sections and it's hard to find the braking point, just like it's difficult to find the best line.

"With the track being slippery we didn't make a big effort to find the optimal set-up, we used the settings used at Montmelo and Jerez, knowing that they would have worked fine."

Ferrari's tester Marc Gene said the track still needed rubber to be laid down, but he also heaped praise on it.

"The track is still very slippery, because the right level of rubber on it is still lacking," the Spaniard said.

"If six teams were present, then the problem would have been solved in just one day, but with two teams you need more time. Besides this problem, the track seems fantastic to me."

Circuit director Juan Alvarez said, however, that the track was yet to make a profit.

"We've put a lot of effort to improve the track but, considering the permanent structure required by F1, you need at least 20 test days in order to begin making a profit," he said. "At the moment we have only eight testing days confirmed for 2009, and that's not enough.

"We have an agreement with F1 until 2011 but after that we'll have to rethink the situation, which at the moment isn't good, because the cost for hosting testing is getting higher and higher."

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2943 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1140 141 142 143 144148 Next