TBK-Light.com

Motorsport videos and chat.
It is currently Thu May 30, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:54 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

Starting to rain on C4 coverage

F1 has a great record for wet post-race analysis, if rain made that more exiting it'd be a brilliant sport :p

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:57 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Did they tell why they pitted Verstappen?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:58 pm 

siggy wrote:

Team message on the radio said to prevent the issue Vettel had.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:58 pm 
Founder of the Yaytree
Founder of the Yaytree

siggy wrote:

There was a radio message after the finish from Horner saying "That's why we pitted you" so i guess Red Bull were concerned too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIaKIE ... 5t9d5PvoHA

Twitter:

http://www.twitter.com/paulhadsley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

siggy wrote:

Horner over the radio, "What happened with Seb, that's why we pitted you."

Last edited by Philthy82 on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:59 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
so a home grand chelem for Lewis?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:00 pm 
Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:00 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Brundle apparently suffered some sort of stomach virus.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:08 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

What bothers me a bit was how Vettel pushed Max and Valtteri off the track in Stowe. I thought that was a no go, especially at these speeds.

Other than that, what a race by Bottas and Hamilton. Glad to see Kimi on the podium too, albeit one step too low

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:11 pm 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Im ok with that VER/VET battle, first Vet pushes him off track, then Max sticks to i and he pushes VET out in the next left turn and now they are even. 1:1 But Max got the position

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:41 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

It's raining now...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:59 pm 
Official TBK Rain Predictor
Official TBK Rain Predictor

:8:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

What a race

Shame Botas passed Vettel so easily on the second try, was really enjoying myself there

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:05 pm 
Eddie Jordan

codename_47 wrote:
Starting to rain on C4 coverage

F1 has a great record for wet post-race analysis, if rain made that more exiting it'd be a brilliant sport :p

Yeah, I got wet walking around the circuit at Stowe, then again at Club and then a 3rd time in the Fan Village. Still a good day though

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:33 am 
Silver Member
Silver Member

StefMeister wrote:
Brundle apparently suffered some sort of stomach virus.

Bottas knows why:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:36 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Justin Time wrote:
What bothers me a bit was how Vettel pushed Max and Valtteri off the track in Stowe. I thought that was a no go, especially at these speeds.

To be honest it's the track layout's fault for being so forgiving, and the officials' fault for absolutely not enforcing the BIG rule of motorsports in Europe: At least 2 wheels within the goddamned white line of the circuit. How hard is it? (and I'm not saying it's the outside driver's fault in either case. If they're forced, it would be a penalty for inside guy, but officials seem to consider that turf as regular race track so it isn't even considered pushing, and the inside driver thinks it's okay to not leave a car's width space from the white line).

But no, let's wait for someone to go up in the air at around 270, and smash their roll hoop/helmet/neck 3 or 4 times against hard tarmac, before anything is done about it. I don't know, just running my mouth here, I wasn't at the drivers' briefing.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:45 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Justin Time wrote:

To be honest it's the track layout's fault for being so forgiving, and the officials' fault for absolutely not enforcing the BIG rule of motorsports in Europe: At least 2 wheels within the goddamned white line of the circuit. How hard is it? (and I'm not saying it's the outside driver's fault in either case. If they're forced, it would be a penalty for inside guy, but officials seem to consider that turf as regular race track so it isn't even considered pushing, and the inside driver thinks it's okay to not leave a car's width space from the white line).

But no, let's wait for someone to go up in the air at around 270, and smash their roll hoop/helmet/neck 3 or 4 times against hard tarmac, before anything is done about it. I don't know, just running my mouth here, I wasn't at the drivers' briefing.

Driver safety is only an issue if it concerns the FIA :censored:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:46 pm 
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Coldtyre wrote:
Justin Time wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Someone was actually punished this year in Russia for forcing another driver off track in T3, but I can't remember who it was. But I'd welcome a more strict enforcement of this rule as well as track limits. I love how there's a strip of grass in Maggots and Becketts before the asphalt runoff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:05 am 
Gold Member
Gold Member

Justin Time wrote:
Coldtyre wrote:
Justin Time wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Someone was actually punished this year in Russia for forcing another driver off track in T3, but I can't remember who it was. But I'd welcome a more strict enforcement of this rule as well as track limits. I love how there's a strip of grass in Maggots and Becketts before the asphalt runoff.

Which is what most of us have been saying for years on this forum is the best solution. Need something that will punish a mistake/ act as a deterrent but also is not a safety issue. A 1.5 - 2 meter strip of real grass is the best for that. If its astro turf they just treat that as an extension of the circuit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:15 am 
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Location: Joined 1st TBK: November 25th, 2005 ***Joelma Building, Sao Paulo***
I can't see that happening because they don't race in the wet anymore

the max allowed is some drops and damp track

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 300 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 15